England vs West Indies (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t understand why the 3rd umpire doesn’t watch the line every ball and relay to the main umpire when it’s a no ball.

Allows the main umpire to focus on the other end too.

They trialled this or were going to trial it in some ODIs at the end of last year. No idea if it happened or if it was a success. Surprised it hasn’t been brought in yet and you’d think it’d be implemented very soon. Just seems like common sense.

EDIT: Apparently they did it in the Women’s T20 World Cup too, so itll be happening soon.

I don't want to jinx the West Indies but I expect them to get a first innings lead. I do feel for the English umpires officiatig in this series. I just hope their integrity, professionalism and fairness isn't brought into question.

I don't want to jinx the West Indies but I expect them to get a first innings lead. I do feel for the English umpires officiatig in this series. I just hope their integrity, professionalism and fairness isn't brought into question.
Change this series from one between the WI and England to Australia India in either location, and you would have furore if the umpiring from this match was replicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the time right to start feeling more optimistic about Windies cricket?

Their bowling is obviously very good currently but it’s the gumption of some of their upcoming batsmen that could be the final piece. Brooks has looked very good thus far.

That’s right. But the point is almost every umpire decision went in favor of England and 5/6 of them were wrong.
That last one was genuinely not a good decision imo. Playing a shot, potentially hit outside the line to the naked eye, and was high as well. Umpires should never give stuff like that. Meanwhile, they weren't giving balls like the holder one that was smashing into leg stump. You tell me there isn't an unconscious bias at the very least.

That last one was genuinely not a good decision imo. Playing a shot, potentially hit outside the line to the naked eye, and was high as well. Umpires should never give stuff like that. Meanwhile, they weren't giving balls like the holder one that was smashing into leg stump. You tell me there isn't an unconscious bias at the very least.
Of all the five decision that were overturned the one that was overturned because of pitching outside the line was the only real close one that I felt was no fault of the umpire. The rest were pure rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back