Preview Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Saturday 06/07/19, 1:45 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee you blokes are hard on our boys. Begley has kicked 6.6 in his 6 games since returning from a major knee injury and Langford was huge for us when it mattered last week against GWS and blokes want them droped to re structure because of a ruck injury.... Someone even suggested we drop Dylan Clarke!!

Z.Clark comes in for T.Bell

If Stringer is fit then maybe Begley gets looked at.

People are making a lot of changes to a team that just knocked off a genuine top 2 chance in GWS.
Yeah, but umpires

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Gee you blokes are hard on our boys. Begley has kicked 6.6 in his 6 games since returning from a major knee injury and Langford was huge for us when it mattered last week against GWS and blokes want them droped to re structure because of a ruck injury.... Someone even suggested we drop Dylan Clarke!!

Maybe Begs needs a break though, I'm a huge fan but he was really poor on Thursday.

Going in with McKernan as the primary ruck would be a mistake.

He did well against GWS but they wouldnt have planned for him too much as TBell shoulders most of the load. A weeks worth of planning into Smack will definitely affect him as you can plan around beating the shorter ruckman by taking their jump away.

Clarke must come in, as hard as that is to fathom. Sinclair possibly out is huge.

And perhaps more importantly, Smack's advantage is he is better than the majority of 2nd rucks in the league. Provided Clarke can break even with the Sydneys ruck (presumably Knoll - how is that for sliding doors Damo), we should have a clear advantage with Smack vs Reid/Blakey/McCartin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect if there is no Clarke then Hartley will come in as second ruck/forward with Hooker staying back - We need to factor in that with the loss of Ambrose if you play Hooker forward then you are relying on Hurley,Francis and Hartley as your three tall backs - This inspires me with no confidence.

I suspect if there is no Clarke then Hartley will come in as second ruck/forward with Hooker staying back - We need to factor in that with the loss of Ambrose if you play Hooker forward then you are relying on Hurley,Francis and Hartley as your three tall backs - This inspires me with no confidence.

No change to the backline. Hooker, Hurley and Francis. They’ll get the job done fine.

McKernan, Brown and possibly Stringer up forward.

We should bring in Clarke for Bellchambers, we need one genuine ruck in the side otherwise we are just going to get smashed in the centre. McKernan gives us a good target up forward and should only be a chop-out in the ruck. If Stringer is fit I reckon it should be Brown that makes way. If we brought him in for Begley we would be too tall. Also Begley may have had a quiet game (still managed a couple of nice goal assists for both Shiel and Langford's goals) but he was one of our best players vs West Coast the week earlier.

Isn't it funny, during losing times it's "persist with the kids, we need to develop them for the future" and yet after one win it's "kid was iffy in patches, drop him" :drunk:

Clarke needs to play. Don't have enough confidence in McKernan's body to play him as a lone hand, but plus it gives us a chance to dominate the hit outs and mitigate the influence of Parker and Kennedy.

Looking at match ups and there isnt a genuine need to play the three tall backs if Franklin misses.

McCartin, Reid and a more mobile Hayward is the way it looks like they line up.
They have Nick Blakey as well. Francis on McCartin, Hooker/Hartley on Reid, Hurley on Blakey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back