Preview Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Saturday 06/07/19, 1:45 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Bellchambers (injured), Ambrose (injured), Begley (omitted)
In: Francis (confirmed), Hartley, Z. Clarke

B: Redman, Hartley, Francis
HB: Saad, Hurley, McKenna
C: Zaharakis, Heppell, Merrett
HF: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Brown, Fantasia
F: Hooker, McKernan, Shiel
R: Z. Clarke, D. Clarke, McGrath
Int: Parish, Langford, Gleeson, Laverde
Emerg: Snelling (though there are rumours about that he is playing), Houlahan, Baguley, Myers

In: Francis, Z.Clarke
Out: Ambrose, Bellchambers

B: Gleeson Hooker Saad
HB: Redman Hurley Francis
C: McGrath Heppell Zerrett
HF: Begley Brown Fantasia
F: Laverde McKernan Walla
R: Z.Clarke Shiel D.Clarke
Int: McKenna, Zaharakis, Langford, Parish

Francis for Ambrose is, well, duh.
Hooker stays back for mine. I liken his ability to swing forward to Adam Hunter when Woosha coached WCE. Starts back but swings forward to mess with their systems and match ups.

Guelfi isnt an automatic selection as yet, and Gleeson should be given more than one game. Maybe Begley comes out but I would maintain the forwardline as is (6 goals in 6 games for Begley isnt bad either coming off an ACL).

Out: Begly, Bellchambers, Brown, Francis and Gleeson.
Very harsh on Gleeson. First AFL game in 22 months, you're not going to be at your best straight away. He was solid considering.

Outs: T Bellchambers (inj), J Begley (omit),
Ins: Z Clarke, J Stringer

B: Francis Hooker McKenna
HB: Redman Hurley Saad
C: McGrath Heppell Merrett
HF: Laverde Brown Fantasia
F: Stringer McKernan Tippungwuti
R: Z Clarke Shiel Parish
INT: Zaharakis Gleeson D Clarke Langford

Guelfi could make way for Gleeson I guess. Not sure who else you'd drop for him maybe Langford, otherwise I would only go with the necessary changes.

AFL website suggesting Snelling in for Begley. Not the worst call imo, Begs going back to find a bit of touch wouldn't hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the love of god don’t play Zac Clarke under any circumstances. Sinclair’s out for Syd anyway, so Smack will have Reid or whoever else covered comfortably.

IN: Hartley, Snelling

OUT: TBC, Begley

Pretty keen to have a look at Snelling. Seems like a smith clone from what I’ve seen so far.

Problem is we don't play the swans every week for the next 5 weeks, Clarke will be needed for Goldstein, ROB, Witts etc, gotta play Clarke now IMO.

If Begley goes back to the 2s would you play him on ball or on the HFF? Curious to see him in the middle.
Slot him into Mozzie's spot.

No point speculating on Clarke, he has to come in.
Like it was confirmed on Sunday that he would when they rested him in the last quarter in a close game. Why the * would you do that if you weren't intending to bring them in for the next game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back