Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 National Draft Pick: Griffin Logue [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the loss of McPharlin and Duffield was devastating for our backline. Without them and Johnno we had to ask guys to take on roles they really weren't equipped for.

They lost having the comfort of knowing Luke would always beat the oppositions best forward. They also lost having Duffield's elite kicking to distribute from the back. And we lost the intercept marking that McPharlin and Johnno provided. Throw in loss of Sandi and F7's contested making and being in our backline in 2016 was like being at the Alamo with a spud gun. Now wonder the boys looked nervous.

I think the loss of McPharlin and Duffield was devastating for our backline. Without them and Johnno we had to ask guys to take on roles they really weren't equipped for.

They lost having the comfort of knowing Luke would always beat the oppositions best forward. They also lost having Duffield's elite kicking to distribute from the back. And we lost the intercept marking that McPharlin and Johnno provided. Throw in loss of Sandi and F7's contested making and being in our backline in 2016 was like being at the Alamo with a spud gun. Now wonder the boys looked nervous.

McPharlin was the most underrated player ever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Underrated by those who have no idea is not underrated(really).
I'd expect some Hall of Fame inductions for Elvis.
Plenty didn't realise what they were seeing.
I remember the first time I saw him and thought Gawd what's all the hype about grabbing this long streak of weasel piss when he was warming up;1st game at Subi.
Then I saw him play....again and again and again...started fantastically well and just got better.
One of our stars.
Griff could be another.

Underrated by those who have no idea is not underrated(really).
I'd expect some Hall of Fame inductions for Elvis.
Plenty didn't realise what they were seeing.
I remember the first time I saw him and thought Gawd what's all the hype about grabbing this long streak of weasel piss when he was warming up;1st game at Subi.
Then I saw him play....again and again and again...started fantastically well and just got better.
One of our stars.
Griff could be another.
Had to think about that one. Just to clarify, Griff is Griffin Logue, not Griff the Peel reserves ruckman :$

He's half Croatian so with Pav's retirement we've refilled that quota. Also his great grandfather and my kids' great grandfather were brothers (just reminding you) so I called it that we should pick him when I found out. Always need a bullocking Croatian in your team. :D

What is Griffin to you?

2nd cousin once removed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke can arch his back and take off when he wants to.

Just watched this again. Play him as our 3rd tall and let's pump 20 games into him. He's bigger than half our squad and is as fit as a fiddle.

He'll learn our gameplan (lol) fastest by playing each week and learning from his mistakes.

Just watched this again. Play him as our 3rd tall and let's pump 20 games into him. He's bigger than half our squad and is as fit as a fiddle.

He'll learn our gameplan (lol) fastest by playing each week and learning from his mistakes.
So what your saying is keep him away from the team? I dont think we want him learning whatever that was on the weekend

would it be stupid if we give him a game up forward?

would it be stupid if we give him a game up forward?
Not stupid at all, I will play him Blakely HF role , less touch but effective if he can kick some goal outside 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back