Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought before the game it was a low key very important game for him because you don’t want to be 23/24, out of contract and not in an AFL best 22.

I have no idea what’s going on (frankly, interrupted preseason or not is no excuse for the game he had) but he’s now got like a couple months to dominate Peel WHILE competing with Voss for a spot or he’s going to find himself done which really sucks tbh

I thought before the game it was a low key very important game for him because you don’t want to be 23/24, out of contract and not in an AFL best 22.

I have no idea what’s going on (frankly, interrupted preseason or not is no excuse for the game he had) but he’s now got like a couple months to dominate Peel WHILE competing with Voss for a spot or he’s going to find himself done which really sucks tbh
A fresh start might be good for him at another club. He has the talent but lacks intensity. Being injury prone doesn't help his case either. It's not looking good for him atm so fingers crossed he can silence the doubters and put together a good season.

I think the interrupted preseason for Sturt is an excuse. Just look at Brayshaw early last year. I fail to see any excuse for Treacy though except for the idiotic entries considering the personnel in the forward line. Voss is competing with Sturt and Treacy imo.

He really needs to show something this year, if not then I think it's safe to say he's not worth spending anymore time on, this is make or break, we can use excuses such as interrupted pre-seasons, but this is his 6th season on an AFL list, he should be showing something by now.

Let’s be honest here.
We will probably get smashed by Brisbane next week. Treacy and Voss will play, Banfield will come in as a sub and they will have 12 touches and zero score involvements between the 3 of them.
Sturt will be back in the side by round 2 in Marvel v North.

Unfortunately this scenario is eminently possible 😳

Let’s be honest here.
We will probably get smashed by Brisbane next week. Treacy and Voss will play, Banfield will come in as a sub and they will have 12 touches and zero score involvements between the 3 of them.
Sturt will be back in the side by round 2 in Marvel v North.

Unfortunately this scenario is eminently possible 😳
More I think about it we may use Jackson/Treacy run against their lumbering rucks. Hot March day may be the difference with an “extra mid” at the clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back