Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2016 National Draft Pick: Sean Darcy [Pick #38]

Remove this Banner Ad

Griff played well filling in but it was funny at the time posters going oh Sandi isn't that much of a loss and not vitally important to get back as soon as possible, then when he does return we look like a totally more threatening side. Criminally underrated player even by our own supporters.

Yep,have look at the last game of last season where we beat the premiers. Sandi was the difference between winning and losing. Those who under rate him have no frikken idea.

Yep,have look at the last game of last season where we beat the premiers. Sandi was the difference between winning and losing. Those who under rate him have no frikken idea.
So much of :rolleyes:

**** off idiot

EAD.

In what world was Sandliands "COMPETING" with Griffin for a spot in the side...It's complete crap...

"Hey guys! Nathan Fyfe is competing with Matt DeBoer for a spot in the side".

"Hey Juddy? Rowan Jones played a good game on the weekend...better watch your step"

EAD.

In what world was Sandliands "COMPETING" with Griffin for a spot in the side...It's complete crap...

"Hey Juddy? Rowan Jones played a good game on the weekend...better watch your step"

Up the street, not across the road.

I think Sandi got his weaknesses , but I will prefer Sandi ahead of griffin.

The biggest weakness that Sandilands has is that there is a different set of rules for him.
I think he really got some good kick in him , somehow he prefer to handball . if he occasionally mix it up with kick freo will be more unpredictable .

EAD.

Pre knee, he's right. Griff was being spoken of for AA that year.

EAD.

When Sandilands was injured there were a couple of posters loudly proclaiming Sandi's "weaknesses" just as they are now. No surprises really. They are the same posters.
They were clearly wrong then, and they are now.

Pre knee, he's right. Griff was being spoken of for AA that year.
Not seriously. The thing about Sandilands is, he doesn't lose contests. When we had a terrible inside midfield, he had some of the highest clearances in the league. When our midfield got better (ie it got Fyfe), they took on the clearance numbers as a result of Sandi's work. He routinely beat Cox, Goldsack and Mumford. Griffin never managed those levels.
A lot of the critics use a lack of contested marks as their complaints. Sandilands almost never gets a free kick in a marking contest, despite routinely being scragged and/or having his arms chopped. Even Pav didn't get treated so badly by the umpires. It's not totally the umpire's fault: they are little men with short men's syndrome, I blame their coaches, who should demand fairness in the game.

Not seriously. The thing about Sandilands is, he doesn't lose contests. When we had a terrible inside midfield, he had some of the highest clearances in the league. When our midfield got better (ie it got Fyfe), they took on the clearance numbers as a result of Sandi's work. He routinely beat Cox, Goldsack and Mumford. Griffin never managed those levels.
A lot of the critics use a lack of contested marks as their complaints. Sandilands almost never gets a free kick in a marking contest, despite routinely being scragged and/or having his arms chopped. Even Pav didn't get treated so badly by the umpires. It's not totally the umpire's fault: they are little men with short men's syndrome, I blame their coaches, who should demand fairness in the game.

Seriously enough at the time for someone who only played the first seven games. Sandilands was out injured most of that year, so he wasn't even in the picture.
When he re-signed later that year, Ross lauded his loyalty and said he could have gone to be the number one ruck at several other clubs who were interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH , I think 2013 is the best spread of ruck that got freo to GF, a fresh Sandi for final series with Griff and Clarke doing their job in home and away. I don't think there is a clear winner who is better ,all play as part of the team.

I think that's exactly it.Didn't watch the draft but apparently our recruiting team in paroxysms of self-congratulatory glee when he was available.
I'm thinking they see him as a rebuild keystone.
They were all laughing like they had just heard the best joke in years.

Our picks were made really fast too. None of that extra time needed. Given how long it took for the computer to accept the draft choice we would have been making our picks as soon as we had the chance.

Targets acquired.

Put Sandilands 1v1 against any ruck in history and he will beat them, the only 2 reasons he isn't 100% regarded as the greatest ruck of all time is due the different eras (same can be said of all players though, Gaz senior, Gaz jnr etc) and the fact that he is the tallest player ever, everyone shits on his achievements and constant dominance because he is tall, if its that easy then someone should have challenged him for the GOAT ruckman by now.

If Griff and Sandi played for different teams Sandi would smash Griff. It would be a no contest. It's laughable how fickwit posters underestimate Sandilands . Imagine Sandi rucking for Peel. Griff is a good to average WAFL player. Sandi would be unbeatable.
With hannath gone , is Griff your target now :rolleyes:

I love Sandi and he's been one of the best ruckmen of our generation, but jeez he does drop some marks he really should take.

I know he gets effed in the a by the umps, but his marking could be better.

And there's nothing wrong with that. All players have room to improve. But it's just frustrating.

Off topic, but Grif Logue looks to have strong sticky hands from the vids I've seen.

You can't fault sandilands much for what he does for the team. He will go down as one of fremantles all time greats for his position . Hopefully he stays with the club with a ruck coaching role to help develop are young guys coming through in the years to come.

You can't fault sandilands much for what he does for the team. He will go down as one of fremantles all time greats for his position . Hopefully he stays with the club with a ruck coaching role to help develop are young guys coming through in the years to come.
I wonder how he would go as a coach? He is physically unique and I suspect someone who has had to battle more may have a greater breadth of experience to offer, as opposed to someone who is expected to get every hit out. Having said that, if he wanted to coach, why not.

If Griff and Sandi played for different teams Sandi would smash Griff. It would be a no contest. It's laughable how fickwit posters underestimate Sandilands . Imagine Sandi rucking for Peel. Griff is a good to average WAFL player. Sandi would be unbeatable.
So much this. I love some of the games Griff has played in Purple But Sandi is a Hall if Fame quality ruckman. Imagine Sandi at a Victorian club, they would be saying he's the greatest ruckman of all time .

Goldstein has been the AA and premier ruck for 2 years now, The only bloke that towels him up is Sandi
I think Sandi circled the game against North in his calender early on 2015 when Goldy was dominating . And Sandi smashed him showing everyone how good he still was . Him playing in 2018 isn't out of the picture , the big bloke won't lose his height!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back