Review Geelong defeats Lions by 1 point - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to love how all the opposition fans are focusing on that decision at the end, but nothing said about that BS deliberate call which kept the ball down that end in the first place.

Flogs.

fortunate in the end Blitz was gone!

Like Smiths game has fitted in nicely, Higgins tried to get in the game but I felt he just couldn't impose himself.
Hendo and Selwood brilliant, Guthrie workhorse as usual, Bews and Kolo did well considering the pressure the backline was under in that last quarter.
Dahlhaus needs to be dropped two games in a row his produce sweat FA!

overall a good hit out and win but heaps of improved still needed!

Umpires railed us all night, yet the non-call at the end is gonna skew the narrative that we were given the free win. Gonna be such a great time reading the main board thread tomorrow morning! :grinv1::grinv1::grinv1:
Main board is taking our win well:p

Beat a side that has finished top 2 on the ladder in both the last 2 seasons without Danger, Cameron, Duncan or Menegola.

It could be a lot worse.

Fair point. Good bit of perspective for those like myself who were disappointed with some aspects of this performance.

Awful game to watch. Umpiring was the worst ive seen bothways. Cats never looked strong going forward and we won by pure luck on poor umpiring.

And BT trying to make a controversy out of everything a Cat player did just further compounds his insipidly dumb commentary. I will sign every petition for his immediate dismissal in blood.
It was a shame he hadn't been in Brisbane

Yup umps lost control for both sides

Lots of emotion

I think the bigger issue was Mr Scott.....Its not a good look geelong fans to have your coach having a go at Brisbane players at the break and then had to be restrained by his own players....Very unprofessional from an AFL coach...this is not Amatuer footie down the park on a sunday this is the highest level in the land ...very poor IMO

A fine as a minimum for me
Nothing in it.

You either didn’t watch the whole game or don’t understand the game. No doubt that was a free at the end, but the lions had around a dozen shots on goal thanks to so many dubious calls.
You're right; I watched the first quarter and the last 8 minutes. All I know is the umps went on an absolute tear the last 7 minutes giving you guys absolutely everything, and, then robbed the Lions of the most obvious free kick of all time. Looking at the replay just now though the ump was too far away and on the boundry. Should have been one on the open side to call that.

If it'd been the other way, you'd be going off your head right now. I'm just a neutral calling it like I see it.
Evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to work out of opposition fans are saltier when we lose or when we win

Definitely when we win. They probably celebrate our losses more than they do when their own team wins.

Mods are going to busy in the morning deleting all the brave salty posts that will be posted when everyone is asleep
Maybe we will just lock the Cats Forum so no posting until the morning...

I said we'd win but get a bit of a scare...
Got that right (though I could have done with being less prescient!)
Said there would still be questions.
Got that one right too.
Umpires and commentators had it in for us, so I guess we bank 4 points and get back aboard the GFC mystery train.

Its good to see the adjustments we've made, not bother to man the mark to cover the inboard angle. Holding onto the ball for longer periods of time with the short kick game. Constable was good, seems to be the guy who gets the first clean possession handballing it to a runner, 55% game time they struggle to get him on the ground, worried that Selwood is carrying too much of it too early this year., Parfitt was pushed to the flanks early and only played 65% game time, they got to plan the rotation better. Worried about Clark, seems reluctant to go it, being run down has to hurt his ego. I don't see a way to get him out of it unless we back him in to turn it around. We have a lot of quality out, Duncan, Danger, Cameron that is three of our top 5 missing. Feel bad for our non-key forwards they haven't got a chance to get into the game, a lot of running for little reward, near impossible to just their performances with a behind the goals view. Like experiment of O'Connor as a tagger, we had too many similar types down back.

Their use of the sub was bullshit, he gets injured in the 1st quarter and sticks around to 4th before the doctor calls it

That was frustrating to watch. Anyone have the F50 free kick counts. For most of the game we could touch them and not give away a free kick, front on contact didn't exist if it was against if it was for a Geelong player, prior opportunity who needs it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back