Review Geelong defeats Pies by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.
All I was saying that the pies were not great yet the cats beat them by an underwhelming 11 points and I get called utensil breath for me efforts..
My points is that sort of effort I'd not going to cut the mustard against a,decent side.
A few too many precious princesses on here

I think if you had read most of the posts here you would get the gist that most cats supporters believe that it was an underwhelming win. Both sides were severely undermanned...but the cats have managed to stay in the top 4 despite this. We also know that if the cats play like that, it'll be a 10 goal loss to most teams in the finals.

Basically you are stating the obvious and I am not sure why you're on this board. Or would you prefer people to be saying "geez we show'd em pies...straight to the grannie for our team"?

Anyway lighten up...and good luck to your mob next year.

Based on our form we are **** all chance of winning the Grand Final. I haven't seen anything to suggest we are getting better which is a shame.

Apart from Sydney I think we can hold our own against any of the other finalists. Sydney worry me though. I wish Hawthorn had've made it and played Sydney first week in an elimination final. That would have been good for us.

"But the thing is we only play like that against the s**t teams (and Sydney)"...and in finals...

Lol, truth. But kind of makes my point, we bucked a very real trend today. Wasn't pretty, but it was very real, I think an ugly win with a depleted squad is a fantastic intro to September. I feel a lot better than I did this time last year. I'm not saying we'll win the flag, but if we win 2 finals, which I actually believe in now, it is huge for this side, because I honestly believe we have until 2020 with this group.

This feels exactly like 2016 where we were limping into the finals with average form and our supporters were all expecting us to 'turn it on' come finals.. We know what happened - we became Sydneys bitch again and got embarrassed. Unfortunately this feels a lot similar - the team has not gelled due to mass amounts of changes and limitations in quality/skill for a lot of the players. Our 'young guns' are not AK-47's, more like glocks... When I look at Sydneys team I shake my head trying to understand how the * they can stay under the salary cap. Either we are paying some of our players way too much or they are doing some funky business.

This feels exactly like 2016 where we were limping into the finals with average form and our supporters were all expecting us to 'turn it on' come finals.. We know what happened - we became Sydneys bitch again and got embarrassed. Unfortunately this feels a lot similar - the team has not gelled due to mass amounts of changes and limitations in quality/skill for a lot of the players. Our 'young guns' are not AK-47's, more like glocks... When I look at Sydneys team I shake my head trying to understand how the **** they can stay under the salary cap. Either we are paying some of our players way too much or they are doing some funky business.

You don't need to do "funny business" when the whole organisation wants you to win. The Swans are no longer a football club, they're a "business opportunity in a valuable market"

Gill is the epitome of the Generation X CEO who sees the world as an excel spreadsheet and will do anything to keep his graph trending in the right direction even if it means selling the souls of everybody that keeps his own industry alive.

I remember working under several Gillon Mclachlans, we were force fed so many graphs I saw axis in my s**t, yet they lost 80% of their lower tier workforce through their regime, I know a 30 year employee who left for an industry competitor thanks to that companies Gil and many others who gave countless hours to that bullshit.

AFL House wants a GWS vs Sydney grand final, and until Gillon is out our entire sport is a hostage.

You don't need to do "funny business" when the whole organisation wants you to win. The Swans are no longer a football club, they're a "business opportunity in a valuable market"

Gill is the epitome of the Generation X CEO who sees the world as an excel spreadsheet and will do anything to keep his graph trending in the right direction even if it means selling the souls of everybody that keeps his own industry alive.

I remember working under several Gillon Mclachlans, we were force fed so many graphs I saw axis in my s**t, yet they lost 80% of their lower tier workforce through their regime, I know a 30 year employee who left for an industry competitor thanks to that companies Gil and many others who gave countless hours to that bullshit.

AFL House wants a GWS vs Sydney grand final, and until Gillon is out our entire sport is a hostage.

Case-in point, last night the ch.7 (on "friendly advice " from AFL House) made sure to mention that this year has the highest overall attendance of ANY VFL/AFL season in history. Sounds great right? Never mind the mathematical hurdles that have to be jumped to find that conclusion, if there is an upward trend then the sheeple know we do good ok!

I have to deal with corporate bullshit for 40 hours plus commute, per week, but now even my pastimes are a slave to the man. I ******* hate it.

One bright note I think is that Guthrie has really turned it around the last couple of weeks and seems to be hitting good form just at the right time. With him playing well, that's another massive invaluable cog

He just has to back himself. No Selwood has been good for him, I guarantee Scott et al. have been telling him to be the contested bull that he is capable of being. Sadly by having such a champ ahead of him he has been allowed to get way too comfortable. I would almost put him (though slightly ahead) in the GHS category where on his best day we ask "Joel who?" and on his average day we ask "Cameron who?"

I love both him and Georgie boy. But both are sadly 1 dimensional, Cam is the only one who has at least found a way to play WITH Menegola, George has not.

Dangerfield was more or less the difference, again.

Hawkins has been missed, BIG time as a presence. Taylor had no influence as for most games up forward. We were lucky to get two wins with Hawkins out. He'll be feeling very relieved.
Take Smith or Menegola out of that side and see if Dangerfield can win us that game.

So maybe they won us the game also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is that for the role Buzza's playing, ruck-work is about 30-40% of it, the rest is playing forward and at the very least making a contest and bringing the ball to ground - something Stanley struggles with.

And I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and Collingwood won while playing nowhere near their best and a Geelong fan went onto the Pies board sprouting the same crap you are they'd be treated way worse than you are.
that 30 to 40 percent is enough for us to lose the game.

and stanley created 3 goals last week directly from him crashing a marking contest up forward. i didnt see buzza do that once. people say he does. i dont see it at all. He is mostly invisible up forward. I really think people think he does just because he doesnt get the ball. Its the emperors new clothes.

that 30 to 40 percent is enough for us to lose the game.

and stanley created 3 goals last week directly from him crashing a marking contest up forward. i didnt see buzza do that once. people say he does. i dont see it at all. He is mostly invisible up forward. I really think people think he does just because he doesnt get the ball. Its the emperors new clothes.
What happened to big blokes take longer on our board,Buzza's right at the start of his Aussie Rules journey and probably ahead of where the club expected him to be,he's along way ahead of where I thought he'd be and Stanley is behind where my expectations had him for this year and I've supported him and the club to bring him on but it's not happening he's still the same old Stanley.

What happened to big blokes take longer on our board,Buzza's right at the start of his Aussie Rules journey and probably ahead of where the club expected him to be,he's along way ahead of where I thought he'd be and Stanley is behind where my expectations had him for this year and I've supported him and the club to bring him on but it's not happening he's still the same old Stanley.
yep he will take time. im not saying sack him. give him another preseason and plenty of games next year.

This feels exactly like 2016 where we were limping into the finals with average form and our supporters were all expecting us to 'turn it on' come finals.. We know what happened - we became Sydneys bitch again and got embarrassed. Unfortunately this feels a lot similar - the team has not gelled due to mass amounts of changes and limitations in quality/skill for a lot of the players. Our 'young guns' are not AK-47's, more like glocks... When I look at Sydneys team I shake my head trying to understand how the **** they can stay under the salary cap. Either we are paying some of our players way too much or they are doing some funky business.
It doesn't feel quite the same to me and the team is working pretty well together. We have better ability to return when the tide is against us now. We can run out games well. We have a terrific defensive group. The players are working hard and with each other. Just about every game we lost we were in with chances and could have pulled off the win. We get a couple back and bring our best, we are in with a chance this year.
Swans can get lost. Jones and Papley irritate me. Can't have them getting a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back