Review Geelong defeats St Kilda by 47 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt and now Cunico steps up with high possessions and score conversions
Sam Menegola's season took off last week, great game again.

Big wraps on Blicavs as tall defender option on k- rock from Tom Stewart and commentators as well.
Still be good to trial House if possible.

Solid win but opposition is ordinary
Still think Smith should be in side

Me too. Still, did Stanley do enough to play next week? Have NFI WTF Smith has done to be out of favour? Seems utterly unwarranted? Will not be surprised if they play Stanley again *boo* Not sure what Geelong are trying to achieve by fluffing around with both, I just wish Smith would be given consecutive games to gain better form + some consistency.

Yeah, feel sorry for Tommy - he's busting his gut for not much return. Noticed Selwood after the game almost apologizing to him for what he's going through.

Hopefully his luck turns - you can't knock all that effort.
I wish the media would say something or at the very least the club

It’s frustrating to watch the treatment he gets

Gregson injuried?
thats what i said..

Wanted the win and no injuries...

we got the win....

Gregson hurt, PFD output down and ice on a calf...

not the best outcomes

Go Catters

My boy
2c70f52fa7d5ad0b1e4e14112f4310f3.jpg

Fantastic pic!

That win was just what the doctor ordered........and a great hit out by the kids. Lets not undo that team selection by rushing the likes of Parsons back into the side. Positions have to be earned from here on in.
Didn’t play VFL today...
Unfortunately Gregson may open the door

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints were woeful, good to get a solid win and the kids showed a lot.
I believe we can win the premiership but we need a full list to choose from
Our biggest concern is menzel, did he even lay a tackle!!!?

Parfitt breakout game for sure, hitting the scoreboard more tops off his game very well and it seemed like he stuck every tackle he went for so was great to see.

Cunico in just his 2nd game was very impressive. One big mistake a turnover of his stands out but other than that thought he used it well, and calmly slotted those two goals as well.

Think Menzel had a bit of a mental hurdle trying to get to the 5 goals again for the first time since 2011 before he did his first ACL, went from 4.1 to 4.3 before getting that 50m penalty which helped settle him and kick his 5th goal. So dangerous in 1-on-1s & marking contests.

Dangerfield & J. Selwood great games but nothing incredible which makes the win better considering it was a great overall team effort. Along with Parfitt & Cunico, great to see T. Kelly continue his form, plus Fogarty played his best game for the club tonight just never gave up & uses the ball well in traffic.

Tom Stewart (possibly dropped mark of the year tonight) could just about be winning our Best and Fairest at this point he’s really stepped up in the absence of Henderson/Taylor.

Obviously Saints are in poor form & we were playing at home, but considering our injuries and we weren’t playing great footy either it’s good to come out with a win like that.

Unlucky for Gregson hope he’s okay, if he’s out next week you’d expect Parsons, Jones or Miers to come in for him.

Also hope Robertson is okay for the Saints that looked really scary.

Good win Catters!

Please no Parsons for a bit.... He could be ok in years to come. But he needs to find a bit of form before coming back

CS was asked about Menz and" would love to have him committed for 2019" And its no fault of his own but no ones going to sign him long term with that history...

Such a bad idea to not give him 2 years on decent coin.

Go Catters

Stanley had a good game tonight I reckon.

Yeah he was poor in the first quarter, but played well from that point on. Should keep his spot ahead of Smith.

Edit: he showed a bit of aggression tonight, which I liked. Hopefully we see more of it.

Last edited:
Parfitt and now Cunico steps up with high possessions and score conversions
Sam Menegola's season took off last week, great game again.

Big wraps on Blicavs as tall defender option on k- rock from Tom Stewart and commentators as well.
Still be good to trial House if possible.

House absolutely tore up the magoos as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back