News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

The use of the site will have a direct impact on the extent and type of remediation required to the site.
Ie the requirements for commercial / recreational use are less stringent than those for residential'

My understanding is that they propose to cap the site (hence Jeff's reference to purchasing clean fill).
The specification and approval of that capping solution will form part of the planning process.

The point being that there would be a large premium to be paid if we chose to remediate to residential standards
Not sure the numbers would stack up.
I’d suggest that the land would have been previously snapped up by a developer if it did.

Just say’n

Hey Guys

Got my update today. Few Minor changes. Note the below is a copy/paste. I wasnt retyping it to correct for caps.

AMENDED TOWN PLANNING APPROVAL FURTHER AMENDMENTS REFERRED TO MINISTER OF PLANNING

To 20 Mar 2021

[TD valign="top"]Commence Date[/TD]
[TD valign="top"]From 20 Jul 2020[/TD]

As always, this information comes with a qualifier that its always subject to change.

Hey Guys

Got my update today. Few Minor changes. Note the below is a copy/paste. I wasnt retyping it to correct for caps.

AMENDED TOWN PLANNING APPROVAL FURTHER AMENDMENTS REFERRED TO MINISTER OF PLANNING

To 20 Mar 2021

[TD valign="top"]Commence Date[/TD][TD valign="top"]From 20 Jul 2020[/TD]
As always, this information comes with a qualifier that its always subject to change.
What's the date range mean?
The project is expected to be signed off and works will commence sometime between 20/7/2020 and 20/3/2021...?

no, update to the commencement date. Changed from originally as of 20 July 2020 to now Be March 2021. Indication of a delay to start. Thats all.
I'm copying from the history section of the updates, so we have from and To fields when things are updated. Apologies if it caused any confusion :)

Just saw the pics posted by the Club of the facility....
I know it will annoy others for me to say - but I'm underwhelmed.
Not by the practicalities of WHAT is going to be available, and the idea of inclusiveness which I think is fantastic.

But the design..???
In 2005 I would have called it modern, light filled, a little bit 'corporate-advertising-lite', but nice.
But now I'm seeing something less than next century innovative or inspiring or particularly 'sporty'.
Where's the take your breath away we are unique and next level in all things imagination that inspires?
I mean, it's ok, but where's the wall of glass with heroes visages artfully etched or 3d lit?
Where's the Hawthorn?
Sure, they'll adorn it no doubt. But looks hollow to me.
Flame away.

Not by the practicalities of WHAT is going to be available, and the idea of inclusiveness which I think is fantastic.

But the design..???
In 2005 I would have called it modern, light filled, a little bit 'corporate-advertising-lite', but nice.
But now I'm seeing something less than next century innovative or inspiring or particularly 'sporty'.
Where's the take your breath away we are unique and next level in all things imagination that inspires?
I mean, it's ok, but where's the wall of glass with heroes visages artfully etched or 3d lit?
Where's the Hawthorn?
Flame away.

Where are these pictures of which you speak? I can’t belittle you without seeing them, although I’m certain your opinion is wrong.

But the design..???
Where's the Hawthorn?
Flame away.

That's a good point, but there's a Money Back Guarantee if you want to invoke it.

Just contact the club and let them know.

But the design..???
Where's the Hawthorn?
Flame away.
you got all that from few computer images. Wow

When you prepare these renderings it pays to ensure that you cover the general rather than the specific.

The planning permit process, especially public comment, is a game.
The successful strategy is to remain as neutral as possible thus limiting the responses from the arbiters of good taste.

I'm sure that the finished product will be at the pointy end and very Hawthorn specific, but right now it's about telling them what they want to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the design..???
Where's the Hawthorn?
Flame away.
Many boxes to be ticked before final design. Stress less. This was just a 3D render to be used as a guide of what "it could look like".

Anyone got a copy of the letter sent to Kingston Council residents today regarding the Dingley centre?

KP-2019/359 if the tech savvy ones can get the planning scheme docs up

From what i saw briefly, it said the proposed construction budget was $12m, which must surely be only stage 1. Talks about on site, shops, cafe, museum, medical centre and facility for 400 patrons

Many boxes to be ticked before final design. Stress less. This was just a 3D render to be used as a guide of what "it could look like".

Never heard of a project of this magnitude that is supposed to break ground this year, where final design is still in play.
All good, just wasn't inspired by it. I'm sure it will be great simply because of the team that inhabits it and the fabric of the Club that has inspired its necessity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back