News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

With the funding shortfall and construction costs up 30%, I can’t see Dingley happening, at least not as planned. Might be best to redesign everything and do it in stages.
Yeah will be interesting what they do will probably also depend what happens with the aflw seasons and ground availability for that, do they atleast start the aflw part of it so they have a ground to play at and train at when Box hill isnt available or will the football program buildings be seen as more of a priority...

With the funding shortfall and construction costs up 30%, I can’t see Dingley happening, at least not as planned. Might be best to redesign everything and do it in stages.
Also will be intresting in a month when Jeffs gone if it makes it easier for funding...

Yeah will be interesting what they do will probably also depend what happens with the aflw seasons and ground availability for that, do they atleast start the aflw part of it so they have a ground to play at and train at when Box hill isnt available or will the football program buildings be seen as more of a priority...
Given the disaster that has been the unavailable of Cricket grounds during cricket season (who would have thought), the AFLW season is likely to gradually move forward until it aligns with the men. Box Hill is being redeveloped next year and is the perfect place for AFLW. The club need to concentrate on the training and community facilities first. We can live without a smaller oval and grandstand just for AFLW matches that will draw less at Dingley than BH anyway.

Given the disaster that has been the unavailable of Cricket grounds during cricket season (who would have thought), the AFLW season is likely to gradually move forward until it aligns with the men. Box Hill is being redeveloped next year and is the perfect place for AFLW. The club need to concentrate on the training and community facilities first. We can live without a smaller oval and grandstand just for AFLW matches that will draw less at Dingley than BH anyway.
sounds like box hill are expecting them to have access until the end of september for aflw...

I assume if need be they can also bring in temporary seating around the training oval if ever needed until the aflw is built…

I wonder if we were expecting more donations than $973k? Starting to become a little skeptical about the project

Don’t know how true but according to Peter on the hawk talk pod they plan to have the construction contract signed soon and hoping to have stage 1 (aflw and elite training facilities) ready by mid 2024… then stage 2 will be medical facilities and a high ball stadium…

I wonder if we were expecting more donations than $973k? Starting to become a little skeptical about the project

Nankivell said they had put the brakes on fund raising once covid kicked in & now we are on the other side would ramp it up you'd expect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Tweet insinuating that the venue sales funding has now been used to fund Dingley?
I was a little concerned by that implication too.

Frankston is better for the women's game.
Could easily be redeveloped as the home of AFLw

I was a little concerned by that implication too.

"Hawthorn, already one of the AFL’s most fiscally powerful clubs, has gained more than $40 million in cash from the sale of their poker machine assets."

"Hawthorn does not wish to spend any of that $40 million-plus on the club’s planned new base at Dingley, which they estimate will cost $80 million-$90 million"

"The Hawks still have to raise a further $20 million to $25 million for the Dingley base"

Sounds like even if they used the full some we should have cash left.

It is a pity the Club didn’t get Reeves to face the media in past years instead of Kennett. We would have avoided a lot of cringeworthy moments.

it is odd that the CEO isn't more of the public face than the president when it comes to AFL clubs. The CEO is the one being paid for the gig and should be the one most accountable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back