News Gone: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

aaaa

Not so much late Picks, If all the Players quoted below leave, we will need 8 new players on the main lists and 2 on the rookie list to replace them
Alternately we Upgrade 2 rookie and then only need 6 main list and 4 rookies.
With Frampton being touted as 1 in, that mean 5-7 main listed players required, most would prefer we got these layers with picks under 50
Based on the following leaving the Club.
Otten, Douglas, Jacobs, Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, and Knight, with rookie CEY and Hunter.
also based on the list of 38 main and 6 rookies.

This sounds like an inspiring plan, if the goal is to become substantially worse.

Because we’ve got 3 under 22 or so and nothing till nearly 100. I think we’re already at the league minimum list size, so all the outs need to be replaced if that’s true. Having said that, we’re we sit in the famed premiership clock, we don’t need depth, so we might as well go about upgrading every pick we can. Or of this is a Kurd draft, trade into the next one.

Yeah, we're old, but you still need good young players. Just flooding the list with low quality youngers isnt a pathway to anything.

But Geelong need the other first for Henderson. Come on STO, you’ve gotta consider the feelings of the people you’re trading with. Seriously though, apart from Lyons, I don’t think Reid has sold low yet.

We folded pretty early on McGovern didnt we?

We folded pretty early on McGovern didnt we?

Can’t remember, 15ish plus McAdam, who’s still an unknown, but I like what I saw late in the year. I rate Mitch EXTREMELY highly, but gut feel tells me that he’ll never fulfill his potential. There’s posts of mine likening him to a faster, better overhead version of Fyfe without the pure ball winning ability. Magnificent on his left, but I reckon he’ll be unfulfilled potential come the end of his career.

Can’t remember, 15ish plus McAdam, who’s still an unknown, but I like what I saw late in the year. I rate Mitch EXTREMELY highly, but gut feel tells me that he’ll never fulfill his potential. There’s posts of mine likening him to a faster, better overhead version of Fyfe without the pure ball winning ability. Magnificent on his left, but I reckon he’ll be unfulfilled potential come the end of his career.
It was a good deal, probably a win for both. Pick 13 for what he has produced thus far, and as you rightly say what he is likely to produce..... is a win for both parties.

Lyons? He’s already ripping it up despite being described as a midfielder only on a crap team by you.
I was wrong.

He is finally playing the role he should with the support needed to be effective.

But I dont think a midfield mix of M Crouch, Sloane and Lyons is effective. We are already slow.

We need pace and creativity.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, we're old, but you still need good young players. Just flooding the list with low quality youngers isnt a pathway to anything.
You take a chance on these kids.

The alternative was to hold onto guys like Douglas and Otten for another year or take risk on a low pick, that we've had reasonable success in the past.

His left is elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrong.

He is finally playing the role he should with the support needed to be effective.

But I dont think a midfield mix of M Crouch, Sloane and Lyons is effective. We are already slow.

Out of all of that he has the better finishing skills where he hits up targets

Out of all of that he has the better finishing skills where he hits up targets
Matt does that pretty well usually.

The reality was we were stocked for inside mids and he was the one pushed out. The Suns made the biggest error.

I’d like to see what happens when the kids that are already on our list get a decent crack at the highest level. Doedee wasn’t any good at AFL level whatsoever at end of 2017, a pure spud was he because we chose Otten. Chayce Jones a complete spud because he couldn’t work his way past Dougie. Nobody can run patterns like SpudMac. Jacobs kelt our first ruck out of the final 2 rounds purely based upon pity. We’re a disaster of a football club and I doubt that we’ve even taken a single step forward. Much more likely is that we’re having the exact same convo in 2-3 years as we sack whoever we appoint as our next senior coach. Our issues are institutional.

I’d like to see what happens when the kids that are already on our list get a decent crack at the highest level. Doedee wasn’t any good at AFL level whatsoever at end of 2017, a pure spud was he because we chose Otten. Chayce Jones a complete spud because he couldn’t work his way past Dougie. Nobody can run patterns like SpudMac. Jacobs kelt our first ruck out of the final 2 rounds purely based upon pity. We’re a disaster of a football club and I doubt that we’ve even taken a single step forward. Much more likely is that we’re having the exact same convo in 2-3 years as we sack whoever we appoint as our next senior coach. Our issues are institutional.
We will see.

If they stay the course and don't make the necessary changes, the ones Dunstall and Co suggest we do..... then there might not be much of the club in 2-3 years.

Matt does that pretty well usually.

The reality was we were stocked for inside mids and he was the one pushed out. The Suns made the biggest error.
I don’t take that at all shorty. He was asking around 4 to 450. Even back then that’s chicken feed for clearance mids.
We ****ed up.
Didn’t he wear a sub shirt to mad Monday?
He read it right. We read it wrong.

I was wrong.

Sure, but we gave away 2 x 1st rounders to replace him with a worse player...

Yeah it’s institutional for sure.
No moves there and you know the periphery squad are just treading water.

Sure, but we gave away 2 x 1st rounders to replace him with a worse player...
It isn’t directly linked.
The fact is that player may shine if given a role rather than being told it’s between you and Mackay lol.
You know what I mean though. They wanted him behind the stop and distribute.
Didn’t work and his opponent probably hurt a lot.
I know, let’s change him up and make him negate.
Did good, still dropped.
I’d be perplexed as well.
He’s a half back mid that frees himself up with help.
He didn’t get the help.

We will see.

If they stay the course and don't make the necessary changes, the ones Dunstall and Co suggest we do..... then there might not be much of the club in 2-3 years.
If we stayed the course Keath, CEY and Greenwood would have received four year contracts and still be on our list.

Each offered token contracts to not be delisted free agents.

I see the club not bending over.to keep these guys as a sign they have realised we are not contending for the next few years.

These three guys are players you keep on a list if contending. With two of the three going to that kind of club.

Worst........trade.........ever

Another Chapman special... but he is staying on because he has the club's best interests at heart...

Bullocks, we can do much better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back