AFL Toast Grand Final: Adelaide Crows vs Richmond Tigers, MCG, Saturday 30/09/17 @ 2.30 PM

And the winner of the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooooo ummmmmm. Had they defeated Geelong at skilled stadium and Adelaide in Adelaide they wouldn't have been any more deserving?

Since when have two Victorian teams ever in last 40-50 years played in a final on either the G or Waverley? Do we take all of Dees flags off the? Same goes for Grand Finals. Don't get your point

One thing I don't really like is that I went to every Essendon game in Melbourne plus an interstate game this year and last year since I moved to Melbourne ten years ago and I basically do that every year and always will. And Richmond used to kind of be a second team as my mates in Melbourne support them and i felt sorry for them. Then the ASAGA thing happened and my mates didn't show the same loyalty, in fact they made the whole thing a bit more unpleasant for me. Then again I am a sensitive little bitch at times. But the bit I don't like is that for example after Richmond finished 13th last year none of them renewed their memberships or went to games or really followed the footy this year. Until September. Now they are all over face book like a rash as if they are life long die hard supporters, going down to swan street to have a massive bender etc. They are pretenders/bandwagon supporters I guess. I'm not saying I deserve to be in that situation as I'm just a supporter, but faaaark me dead they certainly don't.

lol, just reading my above post.

How sooky am I? In other news I have a hole in one of my socks. And they aren't even that old.

I agree 100% my so called Tiger friends bagged the s**t of me during the asada saga and now the arse clowns are pissed i supported Adelaide today lol. Pack of w***ers the lot of them

I agree 100% my so called Tiger friends bagged the s**t of me during the asada saga and now the arse clowns are pissed i supported Adelaide today lol. Pack of ******s the lot of them
My brother in law and 3 good work mates are all die hard tigers and were all good to me during the saga. I could not be happier for them today. How can you not love dimma? Cotchin has faced criticism over the years but delivered in the finals series in a huge way. Jack Riewoldt plays with a huge amount of passion and love for the game. Richmond fans have stood by their club through a lot of s**t. I know there are plenty of tigers supporters who were not that nice to us during that time, I'm still more than happy for them overall today. It's nice to see so many thousands of people overcome with joy. Hopefully one day it will be us again.

Hats off to the tigers, they were very consistent all year and by far the best side when it counted. Very happy for Dimma and Houli (I always liked him!). Houli might have got the norm had he kicked straight for goal but I thought Martin was a deserving winner, even if he wasn't at his absolute best.

Surprised the crows didn't seem to have a workable plan b to get the game back on their terms.

Hats off to the tigers, they were very consistent all year and by far the best side when it counted. Very happy for Dimma and Houli (I always liked him!). Houli might have got the norm had he kicked straight for goal but I thought Martin was a deserving winner, even if he wasn't at his absolute best.

Surprised the crows didn't seem to have a workable plan b to get the game back on their terms.

Crows play sling shot footy and like us struggle when a side applies insane pressure.

My thoughts exactly. When he missed his set shot in the last quarter, I thought, there goes your medal Bach.

Imagine if that was us today the fairy tales my god.

Jobe - The heart ache of his Brownlow being stripped but can now retire as a Norm Smith medallist and premiership player.

Goddard - Finally wins that elusive flag he's been chasing all his career.

Walla - His up bringing to realising his dream of playing AFL

Zaharakis - Barracked for Essendon all his life and his dreams of being Essendon premiership player come true.

I think I'm going to cry haha

What an imagination you have.

Very impressed with the buy-in from the players in terms of the manic pressure game plan.

I think the crucial thing with 2 way running is that the whole team needs to embrace it not just some. The finger pointers and 75% chasers have no place in that picture.

FWIW i don't think we are very far off that kind of performance and it should be a motivating preseason example for our younger tallent - to see that actually just really wanting something and working your arse off can get you there.

Very impressed with the buy-in from the players in terms of the manic pressure game plan.

I think the crucial thing with 2 way running is that the whole team needs to embrace it not just some. The finger pointers and 75% chasers have no place in that picture.

FWIW i don't think we are very far off that kind of performance and it should be a motivating preseason example for our younger tallent - to see that actually just really wanting something and working your arse off can get you there.

We can win a flag despite not being the best team in the Comp. That should suit is for the the foreseeable future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 things I have learned from yestersdays game

1 if Richmond can do it ******* anyone can
2 Richmond fans burning scarf crows just shows their total lack of class and cements them as a degenerate s**t truck club.

Agreed but home ground advantage is massive. Crows were the best team of 2017 but it sure was a belting yesterday.

Since when have two Victorian teams ever in last 40-50 years played in a final on either the G or Waverley? Do we take all of Dees flags off the? Same goes for Grand Finals. Don't get your point

You don’t get the concept of a home ground advantage?

You don’t get the concept of a home ground advantage?

Did you read my post? It's the way it's always been. So if it was the Bombers, you would seriously expect us to play a final at Kardinia Park and the GF in Adelaide?

Just shows if you have a decent spine you are a massive chance.

Seriously think we are prob 2 decent mids away from really competing.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 decent mids and a whole lot of defensive running/pressure away.

Our backline is good enough. Our forwardline is good enough, although they need to improve their defensive game. Ball comes out way too easily. Our midfield's pressure/defensive running needs to improve big time.

Did you read my post? It's the way it's always been. So if it was the Bombers, you would seriously expect us to play a final at Kardinia Park and the GF in Adelaide?

I have been reading that 4 out of the last 5 Years the top team has not won the GF. Each time they have been an interstate side that have won the most games but had to play an away final at the MCG against a Victorian team that has finished lower. And only 1 interstate side has won a GF against a Vic side since Brisbane in the early 2000s!! We need to get in whilst the going is good!!!

I guess the AFL is a bit unique compared to other comps as the contract with the MCG was signed before interstate sides were introduced. A league soccer the top team gets a home final, super bowl have it at a neutral venue, NBA let both teams have a few games at each. Not sure what the NRL do.

Contract lasts another 25 years so should be enough time for us to benefit from it too.

Knowing our luck our next GF will be against a Victorian side ie Carlton :(

My brother in law and 3 good work mates are all die hard tigers and were all good to me during the saga. I could not be happier for them today. How can you not love dimma? Cotchin has faced criticism over the years but delivered in the finals series in a huge way. Jack Riewoldt plays with a huge amount of passion and love for the game. Richmond fans have stood by their club through a lot of s**t. I know there are plenty of tigers supporters who were not that nice to us during that time, I'm still more than happy for them overall today. It's nice to see so many thousands of people overcome with joy. Hopefully one day it will be us again.

The difference is your brother in law and mates are die hard supporters. There are a lot who are band wagon supporters and hence don’t get the concept of being passionate about a footy club, hence not getting why you don’t tease Essendon supporters about the ASAGA thing etc.

It’s a. It odd that you can’t comprehend the concept given it is very basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back