Greatest Dynasty of the 21st century - Lions vs Cats vs Hawks vs Tigers

Which dynasty is the greatest?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong finished higher on the ladder than us in 2017 and 2019 and beat us in the home and away in both of those seasons.

Geelong were a pretty good team in those seasons and their fans would agree had they won the flag in those years let alone beaten Richmond in the finals.

You've been trying to discredit our 2020 flag because your team lost to us in the grand final.
You wouldn't be discrediting the 2020 season if your team had won the flag that year.

You previously tried to discredit our 2017 and 2019 flags because it was said that we had an unfair advantage playing at the MCG.
Had the 2020 finals been played at the MCG you'd still be trying to discredit our 2020 flag.

Yes I am well aware of this - were Geelong as good a side now as they were in 07-11? No.

we will never know if we would have beaten Richmond regularly in finals at that time - but that is not Geelong’s fault, it is richmond’s.

And again, I’m not the one sprouting ‘even if you win this year that will
Be only one flag in 10 years.’

yes I understand how a calendar works I also understand that it sounds utterly ridiculous coming from someone who’s team just snapped a 37 year drought at the start of their current run

Fair enough hence why I bolded B. I hear so many times about 37 years, it means nothing when you win 3 flags in 4 years (everyone goes through losing streaks) just as I'm sure it meant nothing to cats fans after you won 3 flags from 2007.

Fair enough hence why I bolded B. I hear so many times about 37 years, it means nothing when you win 3 flags in 4 years (everyone goes through losing streaks) just as I'm sure it meant nothing to cats fans after you won 3 flags from 2007.

Of course it means nothing we aren’t living 37 years ago we are living now and now the tigers are the benchmark just as we were a decade ago and good luck to them - as I’ve said here many times I enjoyed 2017 as much as just about any neutral fan simply for what it meant. Winning any flag any time is nothing to sneeze at regardless as there are 17 other teams who would kill for one so I certainly won’t be looking back if we win this year going ‘oh this sucks because we didn’t win between 2012-20

Gastro outbreak ?

woulda
coulda
shoulda

Yet no threepeat. And a measly COVID round robin cup to prop up the most dubious back to back in the history of the comp.

Gastro + COVId cup = no dynsasty

Own it
2020 was the best of the 3. Probably seems like no big deal to the observers but I'm pretty sure every player at every club would agree that was the hardest season they have been apart of.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t necessarily disagree but the other teams in the comparison are both.
Yes I am well aware of this - were Geelong as good a side now as they were in 07-11? No.

we will never know if we would have beaten Richmond regularly in finals at that time - but that is not Geelong’s fault, it is richmond’s.

100% spot on! But I will say It's not only who has the superior talent on paper, there are so many other variables, like whose game plan would overpower the other. There could be another 10 pages of discussion on this but In reality, no one really knows.

Not directed at you but it's quite hilarious, that some try to discredit Richmond's success, we pretty much destroyed all teams in our finals and GF's with our manic all over the ground pressure...

Anyway, It's futile discussing who is better or who would win. There's a reason why all 4 teams have won 3 flags in the space of 3-5 years, all better than the rest in that era. I'm just happy as larry that my club has turned into a powerhouse after being so bad for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back