Greatest Dynasty of the 21st century - Lions vs Cats vs Hawks vs Tigers

Which dynasty is the greatest?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's like saying LeBron James has had a better career than Michael Jordan.. finals appearances and all that!

LeBron James - 10 finals appearances.
Michael Jordan - 6 finals appearances.

Do you rate LeBron James higher than Michael Jordan??

Many people DO rate James higher.
Not because of finals appearances but because they have a high enough level of intelligence to look beyond a factor as black and white as finals wins in determining what makes an athlete in a team sport.

We've already been there, and it's nothing like that analogy.

Keep up.
Not because of finals appearances but because they have a high enough level of intelligence to look beyond a factor as black and white as finals wins in determining what makes an athlete in a team sport.
Who do you guys rate higher? James or Jordan??

I don't know enough about basketball, and haven't seen enough of either of them play, to have an informed opinion.

I could probably just look at the stats sheets to form an opinion, but that's not my thing...
Pendlebury was a basketballer and you're a Pies fan, so why don't you pump up his case and denigrate both of those superstars with whatever you can find on basketballtables.com?

I know this is what a couple of Tigers fans start every thread with.

Not really it’s a uniquely Australian thing. Especially Americans with NBA all they say is rings and finals MVPs. Hence Jordan and Brady in NFL.

Not really it’s a uniquely Australian thing. Especially Americans with NBA all they say is rings and finals MVPs. Hence Jordan and Brady in NFL.

Yeah but it’s not a uniquely Australian thing, is it. It’s a uniquely American thing to look at one arbitrary data set and literally nothing else, that ignores everything else and every other factor you could possibly identify as an influence on a player’s quality and says ‘you won more titles ergo you must have been better.’ There’s only one race of people alive dumb enough to go with that bullshit and unfortunately inexplicably the way the universe works, they’ve become the most powerful society on the planet. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so scary.

The day is start taking advice about anything Americans think is probably the day I walk out into the Simpson desert and just give up on life. That’s about how much respect I have for their views on pretty much anything.

Here we go. Speaking on behalf of an entire continent now...

At least it's better than referring to 'everyone', like you usually do.

Look up Stephan A. Smith and the panel of former NBA legends he always debates with about Jordan v Lebron debates. They mostly just talk about rings and his finals record.

Fans on Facebook are even worse

Yeah but it’s not a uniquely Australian thing, is it. It’s a uniquely American thing to look at one arbitrary data set and literally nothing else, that ignores everything else and every other factor you could possibly identify as an influence on a player’s quality and says ‘you won more titles ergo you must have been better.’ There’s only one race of people alive dumb enough to go with that bullshit and unfortunately inexplicably the way the universe works, they’ve become the most powerful society on the planet. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so scary.

The day is start taking advice about anything Americans think is probably the day I walk out into the Simpson desert and just give up on life. That’s about how much respect I have for their views on pretty much anything.

Soccer fans do it with Messi v Ronaldo to. The most followed sport in the world I believe. The World Cup (a team award) tipped the balance into Messi’s favour as Ronaldo hasn’t won one. So again it’s a uniquely Australian thing as we have tall poppy syndrome.

Soccer fans do it with Messi v Ronaldo to. The most followed sport in the world I believe. The World Cup (a team award) tipped the balance into Messi’s favour as Ronaldo hasn’t won one. So again it’s a uniquely Australian thing as we have tall poppy syndrome.
No they don’t.
Soccer fans talk about goals for starters, and the soccer fans who DO just talk in titles, are halfwits.
No, it’s not a uniquely Australian thing and what the hell does tall poppy syndrome have to do with it?

Are you just throwing darts at a board containing random words and arranging them in order how?

wtf does that sentence even mean?

Again, determining who is better ‘because trophies’ is the f***ing stupidest thing in team sport that can possibly be imagined.

And debating it with the likes of you is utterly pointless because you’ve shown more times than NASA could calculate that you’re incapable of comprehending it.

No they don’t.
Soccer fans talk about goals for starters, and the soccer fans who DO just talk in titles, are halfwits.
No, it’s not a uniquely Australian thing and what the hell does tall poppy syndrome have to do with it?

Are you just throwing darts at a board containing random words and arranging them in order how?

wtf does that sentence even mean?

Again, determining who is better ‘because trophies’ is the f***ing stupidest thing in team sport that can possibly be imagined.

And debating it with the likes of you is utterly pointless because you’ve shown more times than NASA could calculate that you’re incapable of comprehending it.

I think you need to follow soccer more. They were about even till the World Cup. It’s just a fact.

Tall poppy syndrome (which we are renowned for) means we don’t like peers who are too successful. In footys case Aussies in particular do not care about flags or finals awards at all when comparing players, usually because their own “GOATs” haven’t won them. No other sporting community in the world does this.

You may say “well it’s a team award and some players are just unlucky” or “finals are just a small part of a player career”. But that’s just tough luck unfortunately. Apart from Australians nobody cares, flags and finals are where it’s at and how reputations are made.

That’s just how it is for the rest of the world, how about you prove to me that it isn’t like this. Name a sport where the best player in the game hasn’t won a flag or been great in finals. I’ll wait.

You just don’t like it because:

1. GAS didn’t win a flag

2. both Gary’s had average finals records for the most part. They had 1 standout finals series each. That’s it.

I think you need to follow soccer more. They were about even till the World Cup. It’s just a fact.

Tall poppy syndrome (which we are renowned for) means we don’t like peers who are too successful. In footys case Aussies in particular do not care about flags or finals awards at all when comparing players, usually because their own “GOATs” haven’t won them. No other sporting community in the world does this.

You may say “well it’s a team award and some players are just unlucky” or “finals are just a small part of a player career”. But that’s just tough luck unfortunately. Apart from Australians nobody cares, flags and finals are where it’s at and how reputations are made.

That’s just how it is for the rest of the world, how about you prove to me that it isn’t like this. Name a sport where the best player in the game hasn’t won a flag or been great in finals. I’ll wait.

I know what tall poppy syndrome is.

I also know what ‘using tall poppy syndrome as a phrase to default to when you can’t be bothered discussing the actual merit of someone’s point’ is.

The People don’t Think Michael Jordan is the greatest don’t hold that view because of tall poppy syndrome you imbecile they think it because they’ve more than likely done a whole heap of very close analysis of a shitload of factors beyond ‘blah blah blah sports illlustrated told me because titles blah blah blah America blah blah blah I just wet myself blah blah blah.’

Bill Russell is better anyway. That’s indisputable apparently because he won more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what tall poppy syndrome is.

I also know what ‘using tall poppy syndrome as a phrase to default to when you can’t be bothered discussing the actual merit of someone’s point’ is.

The People don’t Think Michael Jordan is the greatest don’t hold that view because of tall poppy syndrome you imbecile they think it because they’ve more than likely done a whole heap of very close analysis of a shitload of factors beyond ‘blah blah blah sports illlustrated told me because titles blah blah blah America blah blah blah I just wet myself blah blah blah.’

Bill Russell is better anyway. That’s indisputable apparently because he won more.

Was his finals record better than Jordan’s?

Exactly, gotta have/be great in both

Still waiting for that flagless bad finals player GOAT man. Where is the example?

Was his finals record better than Jordan’s?

Exactly, gotta have/be great in both

Still waiting for that flagless bad finals player GOAT man. Where is the example?

Yes. He won 11 titles ‘Man.’

Donald Bradman. He won nothing but Ashes series.

Garfield Sobers. He won nothing but the occasional bi-lateral cricket series.

One is the greatest batsman of all time, and probably sportsman overall, and the other the greatest cricketer in general.

Now neither of them had a ‘flag’ to win as such but equally neither had faultless records or went undefeated in test cricket or ‘finals’ as it were and Sobers never really claimed any huge groundbreaking wins of particular note.

Your obsession with ‘GOATs’ is fairly amusing I have to say, much less your pretty f**ked set of rules that you seem to have pieced together through a combination of sugar packets and what Americans tell you to do

Last edited:
Yes. He won 11 titles ‘Man.’

Donald Bradman. He won nothing but Ashes series.

Garfield Sobers. He won nothing but the occasional bi-lateral cricket series.

One is the greatest batsman of all time, and probably sportsman overall, and the other the greatest cricketer in general.

Now neither of them had a ‘flag’ to win as such but equally neither had faultless records or went undefeated in test cricket or ‘finals’ as it were and Sobers never really claimed any huge groundbreaking wins of particular note.

Your obsession with ‘GOATs’ is fairly amusing I have to say, much less your pretty f**ked set of rules that you seem to have pieced together through a combination of sugar packets and what Americans tell you to do

Did you not get my question? They won comps

Care to try again?

And also in regards to russel I said finals MVPs not titles. But I know why you dodged it. It’s ok.

Did you not get my question? They won comps

Care to try again?

And also in regards to russel I said finals MVPs not titles. But I know why you dodged it. It’s ok.

Dodged what?

They didn’t even introduce the NBA finals MVP award until the season Russell had retired you complete and utter mental incompetent that’s why I didn’t address it.

Could you ACTUALLY be any stupider?

Like seriously is it actually possible for you to pretend to be smarter, but have a bigger gap to how stupid you actually are?

So yeah I reckon you MIGHT have found had the award existed, the guy who most actual NBA experts consider one of the 2-3 best players of all time would probably have snares a finals MVP or two just to f**k you and your stupid argument off 😂😂😂

Dodged what?

They didn’t even introduce the NBA finals MVP award until the season Russell had retired you complete and utter mental incompetent that’s why I didn’t address it.

Could you ACTUALLY be any stupider?

Like seriously is it actually possible for you to pretend to be smarter, but have a bigger gap to how stupid you actually are?

So yeah I reckon you MIGHT have found had the award existed, the guy who most actual NBA experts consider one of the 2-3 best players of all time would probably have snares a finals MVP or two just to f**k you and your stupid argument off

You do this all the time just because the award wasn’t there doesn’t mean there wasn’t a best finals player. I asked you earlier if Jordan had a better finals record. Do you agree yes or no? It’s obviously a yes, that’s why he’s better. Can you get any stupider?

You do this all the time just because the award wasn’t there doesn’t mean there wasn’t a best finals player. I asked you earlier if Jordan had a better finals record. Do you agree yes or no? It’s obviously a yes, that’s why he’s better. Can you get any stupider?

Always do what, point out your bullshit?

Yeah sorry about that.

He’s obviously a better player because he has a better finals record?

He’s obviously a better player because across their thousands and thousands of matches and thousands and thousands of variables, he won 6 finals series and was judged the best player in them? What, that’s it? Those 12-13 games? That’s all that determines anything? Teammates don’t matter? Opposition doesn’t matter? Context just isn’t a thing? Circumstances become a thing that doesn’t exist anymore? Bahahahaha you absolute vacuum 😂😂

F**ken lol 😂😂😂😂

Yeah that’s all that determines anything hahahahahah

‘Spice girls sold more records than Jimi Hendrix so they iz best at musik’

Always do what, point out your bullshit?

Yeah sorry about that.

He’s obviously a better player because he has a better finals record?

He’s obviously a better player because across their thousands and thousands of matches and thousands and thousands of variables, he won 6 finals series and was judged the best player in them?

F**ken lol

Yeah that’s all that determines anything hahahahahahaha

You agree with me then. So wtf is your problem? Do you like high blood pressure?

No I don’t agree with you. I’m just pointing out again how stupid your logic is.

What’s sad is that your tall poppy syndrome has made you not realise what made Jordan (and other equivalents) great.

It wasn’t the H&A crap like Geelong players (which is why you don’t like what I’m saying) it was his unparalleled finals record and championships.

Anybody who follows basketball and even some that don’t know this.

Anyway let’s leave it here it’s not relevant to the thread.

What’s sad is that your tall poppy syndrome has made you not realise what made Jordan (and other equivalents) great.

It wasn’t the H&A crap like Geelong players (which is why you don’t like what I’m saying) it was his unparalleled finals record and championships.

Anybody who follows basketball and even some that don’t know this.

Anyway let’s leave it here it’s not relevant to the thread.

No what’s sad is that you think anyone who disagrees with you does so because of tall poppy syndrome rather than because they can read at something higher than a kindergarten level and because they are capable of meaningful analysis you *******.
Why the f*** would it have a single thing to do with Geelong you utter twat 😂😂😂

Trust me, what YOURE saying?

I have no problem liking.

If it was coming from someone I had a microbe of respect for I would maybe give some thought to.

From someone who creates fake accounts to vote for their own players on popularity contests? Yeah not so much 😂😂

Back