How’s Brad Scott’s “Over-Arching Legacy” going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Throwing Scott & Joyce under the bus as a cover for hideous administration calls is starting to become an olympic sport.....................for football illiterates.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they can shoehorn draft picks & development for players who were taken after they left.

Throwing Scott & Joyce under the bus as a cover for hideous administration calls is starting to become an olympic sport.....................for football illiterates.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they can shoehorn draft picks & development for players who were taken after they left.

The board didn’t draft and develop the list, of course Brad and Cam are culpable for the state of the list now. That period of 2013-2015 in particular is a real failure on their part, and there is a gap in the list of players of that age range.

I mean in term of game day coaching I’d say he was just average but there were noticeable areas that continually cost us games.

I am not saying everything is their fault but they aren’t blameless either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He worked his arse off for 10 years. Show some ******* respect.

I think that is part of the problem, that he was with us for 10 years, that he was appointed because he was JB's mate and we didn't go through a proper process. It isn't his fault our club was incompetent but he was blowing his own horn for 8 years about how he would step away if he wasn't the right person for the job and he had to be sacked and paid out in the end so he wasn't any different to any other coach.

I think that is part of the problem, that he was with us for 10 years, that he was appointed because he was JB's mate and we didn't go through a proper process. It isn't his fault our club was incompetent but he was blowing his own horn for 8 years about how he would step away if he wasn't the right person for the job and he had to be sacked and paid out in the end so he wasn't any different to any other coach.

He said he would walk away if the club decided he wasn’t the best person for the job, which he did in 2019.

He said he would walk away if the club decided he wasn’t the best person for the job, which he did in 2019.
And pocketed next years earnings along the way. I wouldn't call that walking away.

That's getting fired and forcing the club to pay you out.

And pocketed next years earnings along the way. I wouldn't call that walking away.

That's getting fired and forcing the club to pay you out.

Well that is because the club broke the contract. That’s on the club, not Brad.

Well that is because the club broke the contract. That’s on the club, not Brad.
Walking away would be copping the club's decision and mutually forfeiting the contract from the next year onwards. I don't begrudge him getting paid out in and of itself, I begrudge the fact he didn't do right by us after consistently saying he would.

Walking away would be copping the club's decision and mutually forfeiting the contract from the next year onwards. I don't begrudge him getting paid out in and of itself, I begrudge the fact he didn't do right by us after consistently saying he would.

Why should have to?

Because he said he would do the right thing by the club. If he hadn't said that kind of things on numerous occasions I wouldn't particularly judge him for taking the money.

What do you consider "doing right by the club" to mean?

To vacate the position when asked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back