Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark value has been diminished by a poor injury history. Port's future first with a pick back or norfs future 2nd should be good enough.

If that were the case the trade could have been done days ago. Clearly it's not enough or we'd have taken it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here now that all of Norths other deals have been done.

If that were the case the trade could have been done days ago. Clearly it's not enough or we'd have taken it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here now that all of Norths other deals have been done.
I think it's more saints don't want to see him go. He's a mature player that can push the team towards finals. The other is saints may want a player back.

I think it's more saints don't want to see him go. He's a mature player that can push the team towards finals. The other is saints may want a player back.
I think the word was saints actually were the ones to float him to clubs thinking they’d let him go only if they got a decent pick back (one of the few with value that they’d be comfortable losing I’m assuming due to those injuries)

Now hunter obviously not thrilled he was floated wants out regardless but saints still have final say as he’s contracted for 1 more year

I think the word was saints actually were the ones to float him to clubs thinking they’d let him go only if they got a decent pick back (one of the few with value that they’d be comfortable losing I’m assuming due to those injuries)

Now hunter obviously not thrilled he was floated wants out regardless but saints still have final say as he’s contracted for 1 more year
Where has it been reported that Hunter is dissatisfied? Seems to be idle speculation amongst North fans, as no media figure has stated that. The speculation (again, speculation) on the Saints board is that he’s only put in the bare minimum of gym work and he’s been told more is expected of him, as it was last year. Again. All pure speculation with no verified ITK confirmation.

Do you think our future 2nd + those picks we received around 40 (value 24) would be enough.

So 19 + ~24

Feels like the sort of s**t trade both our s**t clubs would do to be honest.

Just ok value for both nothing of note.
Why would we want 38 and 40?
Why would we want to throw away our future first in this deal?
Just, no.

Believe it or not, that bullshit equates to Clark being worth Pick 18 ie: the ’overs’ you were after.

I am happy for him to stay, couldn’t care less either way, we have enough mid-talented, mid-paced, mid-skilled blokes who can’t get on the park as it is.

Believe it or not, that bullshit equates to Clark being worth Pick 18 ie: the ’overs’ you were after.

I am happy for him to stay, couldn’t care less either way, we have enough mid-talented, mid-paced, mid-skilled blokes who can’t get on the park as it is.
Adding up mid-late range picks so they match the points of a better pick doesn't make those picks more enticing.

Sheezel who has spent time at the club
Mckenzie our NGA

Couple of pretty big reasons!

Just, yes.
I'm not talking about their pick 3 it's the fact they have us throwing in our future first for a whole bunch of chump change.

Do you think our future 2nd + those picks we received around 40 (value 24) would be enough.

So 19 + ~24

Points value mean nothing to StK with no Academy or F&S players to use points specifically on. A bunch of shite picks in the 40s means nothing to us, they'd only entice Brisbane and Essendon I'd imagine.

I'm not talking about their pick 3 it's the fact they have us throwing in our future first for a whole bunch of chump change.

Yep just saw that, lol yeah he wants next years first for their second essentially. Although that will likely be pick 19 or 20. His deal needs work :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My offer to North,

Clark + pick 9 + 32

for

Pick 3 and Norths future pick 19/20

Values Clark at pick 15 however pick 3 has more value then the points indicate.

So 19 + ~24

Give the points system a spell

Puck 3 for Clark and 9 equates to Hunter being values around 25

Would you do that deal?

North still in discussion with the Saints but 'maybe that door is closed now'.
After landing recruits Darcy Tucker and Griffin Logue earlier in the trade period and reports the Hunter Clark trade was off, North wasn’t expected to be active in the coming days.

But when asked on SEN Breakfast about a trade for Clark, list and recruiting manager Brady Rawlings stated the club will keep discussions going with the Saints.

“He’s certainly someone we’ve got interest in, he’s also had a bit of a bad run the last couple of years (with injuries), he’s been quite unlucky. We think he’s an absolute talent who could really help us, we got the feeling he might be gettable and we felt the door was ajar there and maybe that’s closed now,” Rawlings explained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back