Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 9, 2006
At the disco!
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watching Tuesdays game Dean Rioli looked a lot like Casey Donavon from Australian Idol. Couldn't even get the full picture of him on the widescreen. If I would have to predict i would say he is carrying 15kg too many. I know he is not a small man and will never be as thin as Josh "Bluey" Thurgood but he looked like a beachball out there.

Perhaps a stint on "The Biggest loser" is just what Rioli needs as at present he is setting a terrible example to the children watching the game.

I think the Essendon Football club should suspend Rioli until he is a suitable weight to play footy.

goal sneak said:
Watching Tuesdays game Dean Rioli looked a lot like Casey Donavon from Australian Idol. Couldn't even get the full picture of him on the widescreen. If I would have to predict i would say he is carrying 15kg too many. I know he is not a small man and will never be as thin as Josh "Bluey" Thurgood but he looked like a beachball out there.

Perhaps a stint on "The Biggest loser" is just what Rioli needs as at present he is setting a terrible example to the children watching the game.

I think the Essendon Football club should suspend Rioli until he is a suitable weight to play footy.

Moves pretty good for a fat f**K.

goal sneak said:

Maybe he should stop hanging around Byron Pickett.

07minister6pa.jpg

"The rumours surrounding Dean Riolis' girth are totally unfounded. Dean has the best nutritional advisors money can buy. He's not overweight I tell you. Never!!!!!"

goal sneak said:

Where the hell have you been the last 6 months? In a cave on the moon with your eyes closed and hands over your ears? ;) Talking about THE most posted comment on this board short of Lloyd and diving.

I think everyone can aggree, bombers fan or not. The guy is a coat of white paint away from being the Michelin man.

I hope McDonalds isn't reading this negative press.

They could lose a major stakeholder/Essendon utility

goal sneak said:

pathetic little troll.

No-one says Dean isn't above the usual playing weight. But he still turned on the magic, something very few players can do.

I reckon you're a fatty yourself. Squeaky wheel?

Lance Uppercut said:
pathetic little troll.

No-one says Dean isn't above the usual playing weight. But he still turned on the magic, something very few players can do.

I reckon you're a fatty yourself. Squeaky wheel?

Was on the ground, what, 10 minutes in total for one goal?? You were effectively a player down on Tuesday.

By the way? What is his "usual" playing weight? Has he ever reached it?

Is he overweight? Is the pope catholic?

i disagree with the role model bit. You could actually argue he is a positive role model for obese kids to get out and have a go instead of sitting at home but unless he's had a bad injury and couldn't train over preseason WTF has this guy been doing?:eek: for a professional athlete to be in that condition shows very average application.:thumbsdown:

itsintheblood said:
Was on the ground, what, 10 minutes in total for one goal?? You were effectively a player down on Tuesday.

Played 50% of the game (four on the bench, it happens) and kicked 1.1 and set up four other scoring shots.

Were weren't a player down, we were a second Dean Rioli down.

goal sneak said:

Why start stupid threads that state the obvious? Of course he is overweight.

Do you see me starting obvious threads like "David Neitz - is he overrated?"

Everybody knows the answer but we aren't stupid enough to start a thread.

"Will Melbourne ever win another flag?"

"Will Dees supporters fck off to the snow when their team is down in 06?"

Cheers Captain obvious

Longy413 said:
Played 50% of the game (four on the bench, it happens) and kicked 1.1 and set up four other scoring shots.

Good thing there weren't two Longy , that would have taken flooding to the max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stui magpie said:
unless he's had a bad injury and couldn't train over preseason WTF has this guy been doing?

He's been injured. He played on Saturday in the VFL, that was his first game in about 8 months.

He obviously has the body shape that means he has to train at 100% to be at peak fitness. Inactivity kills him, regardless of how well he maintains his diet (which isn't his problem at the moment). He has a chronic knee injury that limits his ability to train.

He's in better shape than he was last year, Tuesday was a positive step to him getting back to playing good footy.

jimmy35 said:
Good thing there weren't two Longy , that would have taken flooding to the max.

I knew as soon as I hit submit, someone was going to have a crack at that. It was far too easy.

Not bad, but I've seen you do better. 4.5/10

Longy413 said:

Yep that's all you need. Another....

212profileimg1michelin2lc.gif

It seems getting rioli to lose weight is about as hard as teaching richo to kick straight from 20mts directly in front. :eek:

Longy413 said:
He's been injured. He played on Saturday in the VFL, that was his first game in about 8 months.

He obviously has the body shape that means he has to train at 100% to be at peak fitness. Inactivity kills him, regardless of how well he maintains his diet (which isn't his problem at the moment). He has a chronic knee injury that limits his ability to train.

He's in better shape than he was last year, Tuesday was a positive step to him getting back to playing good footy.

If that's the case then, in all seriousness, he better be friggin careful what he eats when he retires cos if he goes back to Tiwi and sits on his butt eating turtle meat they'll be able to float him offshore and build houses on his guts if he isn't dead of a heart attack by 40.

Surely Essendon's conditioning staff are able to come up with a diet and exercise program for someone who can't run to keep them from blowing up like that?

itsintheblood said:
You're kidding arent you. Seriously. He looked terrible on tuesday. The game is not getting slower in case you havent noticed.

He has, he's lost weight since last season.

Did you see Rioli get exposed for pace once on Tuesday? Because I saw him running away from blokes.

stui magpie said:
If that's the case then, in all seriousness, he better be friggin careful what he eats when he retires cos if he goes back to Tiwi and sits on his butt eating turtle meat they'll be able to float him offshore and build houses on his guts if he isn't dead of a heart attack by 40.

He won't be going back to Tiwi when he retires. He's staying in Melbourne.
And secondly, that whole turtle meat thing is a joke, it's been over done. Leave it alone.

He went back home to Tiwi on got on the turtle once, when he broke up with his wife and she tried to take his daughter from him. Hasn't been back on it since.

goal sneak said:

yeah he is seriously overweight for AFL. I have a feeling though, that you also may have a weight problem... am i right??

Yeah, sure, he's a big bloke.

But if you noticed on tuesday he was still quick, skillful, smart and bloody strong when he needed to be.

There's something to be said for being able to play footy, and not just look good on club marketing brochures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back