Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away?

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It hasn't changed

Neither has my original view.
Post 72.

The expectation was to make the 8, nothing more, so beyond that, it will be a bonus

Yeah, I think we can beat a decent side, like Swans who accounted for you and the Demons
With the draw you have this year anything less than that will be a failure. But I’m confident there’s a win or two against comparable teams for the Blues to get there.

With the draw you have this year anything less than that will be a failure. But I’m confident there’s a win or two against comparable teams for the Blues to get there.

The draw was set when most on this site had us less than 8 games, so don't think missing finals winning 12-13 games is a failure

We have beaten sides around us, so that isn't a concern for me

The draw was set when most on this site had us less than 8 games, so don't think missing finals winning 12-13 games is a failure

We have beaten sides around us, so that isn't a concern for me
Fair enough. That’s your view.
I don’t recall most saying they would win less than 8 games though? Where was this?

Your president and coach both stated they expected to play finals, before they were gifted an easy draw.

Don’t need to make excuses yet though, I think they will make it.

Lol, no way you're beating the Demons, especially the week after getting pounded in Brisbane

Just enjoy your win against West Coast in Rd 17, that will be it for the year

Crystal balling again? Who would have thought you would lose to WC. ;) Would sting if you missed out on finals by a game hey

Now, back get back to fadge and the other merry men seeking your next contribution

Crystal balling again? Who would have thought you would lose to WC. ;) Would sting if you missed out on finals by a game hey

Now, back get back to fadge and the other merry men seeking your next contribution
Who would have thought we'd win 4 in a row including Fremantle and Melbourne? Early season losses are a distant memory, the Pies are on 🔥, no threads around about us dropping off from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, yes, I know exactly what you meant. Still, you haven't addressed my statement. How would it feel to miss the 8 by a game after that WC loss

You might need to seek an answer from the merry men
It's a ridiculous question because that one loss has been wiped out by 3 unexpected wins against sides currently in the top 4

If we miss from here, it will be due to losses in the future, and won't be the end of the world anyway given we were tipped to finish bottom 2 before the season, it's all gravy

It's a ridiculous question because that one loss has been wiped out by 3 unexpected wins against sides currently in the top 4

If we miss from here, it will be due to losses in the future, and won't be the end of the world anyway given we were tipped to finish bottom 2 before the season, it's all gravy

I keep seeing that statement from Pie supporters as a fall back position "tipped for bottom 2 or 4", really is funny

Anyway we can dissect it come the end of the year, should be fun

I keep seeing that statement from Pie supporters as a fall back position "tipped for bottom 2 or 4", really is funny

Why, in every Carlton thread do you always talk about how Collingwood are going or compare yourself to Collingwood? Insecurity?

Here, an answer for you, Collingwood are not up to it, we will drop off by years end (well I expect they will ) the young players will tire.

I also expect Carlton will make the 8, if they don't from here, it's not the end of the world, but the questions will get asked and may well put many doubts in players minds.

Anyway, that's all i'll say, I was Not so politely told not to post in here, so I will try to refrain from upsetting the sook.

Why, in every Carlton thread do you always talk about how Collingwood are going or compare yourself to Collingwood? Insecurity?

Here, an answer for you, Collingwood are not up to it, we will drop off by years end (well I expect they will ) the young players will tire.

I also expect Carlton will make the 8, if they don't from here, it's not the end of the world, but the questions will get asked and may well put many doubts in players minds.

Anyway, that's all i'll say, I was Not so politely told not to post in here, so I will try to refrain from upsetting the sook.
Please stop feigning innocence, a number of you love troll threads, especially Carlton. Insecurity? Not at all, I know exactly where we are as a side

I don't see you dropping off while you have the majority of your best players on the park. You are in and around the 8, but as I stated before the start of the season, it will be more about how you transition from your older stars from next year on

Fair enough. That’s your view.
I don’t recall most saying they would win less than 8 games though? Where was this?

Your president and coach both stated they expected to play finals, before they were gifted an easy draw.

Don’t need to make excuses yet though, I think they will make it.

Is Carlton's draw easy?

From what I can see we play twice against Freo (looking a safe top 4 bet), Richmond (top 8 and imo top 4 by the end of the season) and Collingwood (top 8). Then Adelaide and GWS - both bottom 6 but also requiring travel.

As a bottom 6 team last year we should have expected to play 1x top 6, 2x middle 6 and 2x bottom 6. If things stay where they are Carlton have a slightly tougher than expected draw. There's a chance by years end we land 3x top 6 teams twice (if Collingwoods form continues).

Is Carlton's draw easy?

From what I can see we play twice against Freo (looking a safe top 4 bet), Richmond (top 8 and imo top 4 by the end of the season) and Collingwood (top 8). Then Adelaide and GWS - both bottom 6 but also requiring travel.

As a bottom 6 team last year we should have expected to play 1x top 6, 2x middle 6 and 2x bottom 6. If things stay where they are Carlton have a slightly tougher than expected draw. There's a chance by years end we land 3x top 6 teams twice (if Collingwoods form continues).
Yeah, ranked the easiest at the end of last year.

On current ladder position you double up against 3rd, 8th, 9th and two bottom six sides.
So one top six side, 2 middle six sides and two bottom six sides. While the teams change their ranking, the number of sides in each group of six doesn’t.

No excuses with the draw providing Carlton a leg up this year.

I’m not sure how the Pies could be considered bottom two? A few in here had Carlton winning the spoon and obviously North Melbourne would occupy the other spot.

Yeah, ranked the easiest at the end of last year.

On current ladder position you double up against 3rd, 8th, 9th and two bottom six sides.
So one top six side, 2 middle six sides and two bottom six sides. While the teams change their ranking, the number of sides in each group of six doesn’t.

No excuses with the draw providing Carlton a leg up this year.

How it was ranked pre season doesn’t mean much now.

For example we don’t have North or West Coast twice.

Back