Traded Jack Scrimshaw [traded to Hawthorn with future 4th round pick for future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

My fear is that Gold Coast will get a Schache type return for Scrimshaw.
GC better of keeping him, Similar to Richmond and Ben Lennon
Being a 1st round pick means nothing if after 2 years you cant get a game at a club thats bottom 4 and been decimated with injuries and still dont get a look in - Usually means your team dont rate you high enough to give you a game.

Players like Scrimshaw get 3 maybe 4 years to become best 22 , Lonergan is another thats had ample time for very little return

Yeah heard similar stuff that he isn't the best trainer and thus isn't getting the greatest opportunities at GC. Might look to return home because of it

Source: Jack's cousin

I posted this back in that draft:

At the very least, I'm happy we're nowhere near Scrimshaw. I hear some bad stuff about attitude with that one and an additional rumour he only has eyes for Hawthorn down the track.

I also heard he was devastated the night of the draft but then he re-signed so unless the new deal was for decent coin I can't rationalise the two sides.

I also heard he was devastated the night of the draft but then he re-signed so unless the new deal was for decent coin I can't rationalise the two sides.

At the Lions 2016 draft night function, the Lion recruiters did mention they considered Scrimshaw a high flight risk.

We like jack's at Richmond 1 more and we have 4 Jacks ;)

Jack Riewoldt
Jack Higgins
Jack Graham

J Is a very popular letter at Tigerland

J.Caddy
J.Townsend
J.Castagna
J.Short
J.Ballard
J.Aarts
J.Fletcher
J.Cusack
J.Ernest
Saints got you covered on the Jack front

Billings
Lonie
Newnes
Sinclair
Steven
Steele

Gee I’d hate to be draft by GC, lifeless stench about this mob, so get why all roads lead to South of the border

Need to be disbanded and get Tassie in ASAP!

Sent from my Warped mind
Brisbane were in a bad, bad place 2 years ago. The AFL helped us sort out the boardroom bringing Swann & Noble, and the coaching Staff headed by Fagan. On field we're still a way behinds, but we're not a mess anymore, and amongst the playing group there is a genuine sense of buy in and hope for the future.

If the AFL can help turn Gold Coast around off the field, it won't take too long to sort out the playing group. They'll still likely see Lynch leave, and face a complete reset, but there is hope if they can draft the right kids and get the players to buy in. The leadership of May, Swallow and Lyons will be the key, and their ability to recruit some senior, leadership players to help develop a positive culture.

Brisbane were in a bad, bad place 2 years ago. The AFL helped us sort out the boardroom bringing Swann & Noble, and the coaching Staff headed by Fagan. On field we're still a way behinds, but we're not a mess anymore, and amongst the playing group there is a genuine sense of buy in and hope for the future.

If the AFL can help turn Gold Coast around off the field, it won't take too long to sort out the playing group. They'll still likely see Lynch leave, and face a complete reset, but there is hope if they can draft the right kids and get the players to buy in. The leadership of May, Swallow and Lyons will be the key, and their ability to recruit some senior, leadership players to help develop a positive culture.

You're 1-10, $17.5m in debt, the reigning spoon winner and haven't made the finals in over a decade.

I'm not sure you're 100% out of the woods yet.

You're 1-10, $17.5m in debt, the reigning spoon winner and haven't made the finals in over a decade.

Brisbane have won 3 flags and have a very good young list, They are on the right track and wont take long 2-3 years and they will be back challenging
Depth of young talent is very good there just need to get their players to 50-70 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said we were.

All I said is us Lions fans, for the first time in a long while actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.

We also finally have a commitment from both governments to provide funds to build our own training and administrative base with a 15,000 seat boutique stadium. There has been a lot of talk out of the club, that the new t&a base will include other revenue streams for the club, and we can begin wiping the debt. We also won't be saddled with the week to week rent costs of the Gabba where we currently train.

Never said we were.

All I said is us Lions fans, for the first time in a long while actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.

We also finally have a commitment from both governments to provide funds to build our own training and administrative base with a 15,000 seat boutique stadium. There has been a lot of talk out of the club, that the new t&a base will include other revenue streams for the club, and we can begin wiping the debt. We also won't be saddled with the week to week rent costs of the Gabba where we currently train.

Sorry if you have mentioned that ...more info on the stadium?

Yeah heard similar stuff that he isn't the best trainer and thus isn't getting the greatest opportunities at GC. Might look to return home because of it

Source: Jack's cousin

Opportunities? Just which club is he going to walk into? Not the best trainer..well try getting a game with he best clubs just on talent. Good luck with that.
Id say if its just a better chance to play seniors then step up and make it happen. Id hardly think the 22 spots in the Suns side are locks. Im not sure what id say would be ideal for the Suns to do..if its to trade him out for a late R1 or for them to put their foot down and just dump him to Carlton for zip. Another late pick this year would not go astray ..im sure they could trade it to someone..but not a great approach to give the other young guys ideas.

Gee I’d hate to be draft by GC, lifeless stench about this mob, so get why all roads lead to South of the border

Need to be disbanded and get Tassie in ASAP!

Sent from my Warped mind
Post says a lot more about you, than the Suns.

If you seriously think Tasmania will be a more attractive place than the Gold Coast then you have rocks in your head. Suns are on the up :thumbsu:

We like jack's at Richmond 1 more and we have 4 Jacks ;)

Jack Riewoldt
Jack Higgins
Jack Graham

J Is a very popular letter at Tigerland

J.Caddy
J.Townsend
J.Castagna
J.Short
J.Ballard
J.Aarts
J.Fletcher
J.Cusack
J.Ernest
ahaha same at west coast.

Jack lost his 49yo Auntie earlier this year...he was very close to her and some minor injuries added to the frustration. He then suffered a fractured cheek and got concussed. He has been either in the best or close to it in all but one or two NEAFL games this year. The kid lives for footy and it totally dedicated BUT just 19 yrs old.

Jack lost his 49yo Auntie earlier this year...he was very close to her and some minor injuries added to the frustration. He then suffered a fractured cheek and got concussed. He has been either in the best or close to it in all but one or two NEAFL games this year. The kid lives for footy and it totally dedicated BUT just 19 yrs old.
He is wrapped to be at GC, always has been...

Opportunities? Just which club is he going to walk into? Not the best trainer..well try getting a game with he best clubs just on talent. Good luck with that.
Id say if its just a better chance to play seniors then step up and make it happen. Id hardly think the 22 spots in the Suns side are locks. Im not sure what id say would be ideal for the Suns to do..if its to trade him out for a late R1 or for them to put their foot down and just dump him to Carlton for zip. Another late pick this year would not go astray ..im sure they could trade it to someone..but not a great approach to give the other young guys ideas.
Just talent, hardly! A knowledge of the setbacks, recovery and hard work a player puts in would be helpful here! In his U17 year he elected to have a preparatory hip surgery missing most of the year, then a stress fracture from too much hard work too soon, yet he dragged his fitness up to play a key role in Vic Metros championship and an exceptional game in the TAC cup grand final to earn his pick 7 position. The type of player you refer to never gets drafted. Ive seen players with huge ability, never drafted and certainly not at pick 7 if they only have talent. Please appreciate recruiters put hours and hours into watching, studying and understanding the character of a player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back