Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

There’s no premium because we aren’t actively chasing him, he’s there as a make weight.

Sinn imo is the player we would deep down want to shake from Port and when all said and done is going to be the ice breaker imo.

I find it interesting we’ve heard from the managers of Georgiades, Butters etc but not Sinn and Bergman.

D’Orazio manages LDU, Simpkin, McDonald etc also.

8, F1 and Sinn would get this done by the end of the day, are Port simply prepared to pay what’s required to land “the best SA prospect in a generation” as all the SA media has liked to remind us?
Speaking hypothetically (as I doubt Sinn will be involved) would you accept a future second instead of a future first if Sinn is involved?

Am I alone in thinking JHF and his management would be very hesitant to deal with Port in 2023 if they don't make the deal this year.

They made Graham look like a fool turning their backs on him, if it was the same for JHF why would any future player engage with them.

The optics of promises and lack of delivery are currently shocking for Port.

Got to give quality to get quality.
This.

I doubt this deal gets done as Port are not really coming to the party yet.

North would be wise to walk away and keep him and who knows what happens in 12Mths time.

I was dead set against giving JJK up for Judd but at the end of the day you have to give quality to get quality and Port and North both know how good this kid is going to be even after limited game time so far. Sad that only Port are arguing about all his negative sides to drive down his value instead of looking at what they are about to have walk into their team if they play the trade right.

Good stuff Roos standing your ground IMO.

The issue we’re having is that no players want to go and play for North which essentially stifles everything at the moment. We are asking the question of our young players but they simply don’t want to go.

Would North accept pick 8, our future first and pick 19 currently with the Giants?

I’m assuming the Giants would be happy to move some of their early picks this year to next year (especially if they also trade Hopper and have more firsts). Perhaps we could look to get pick 19 for a trade of Bonner and our future second?

Would need to get approval and signed of from the AFL first due to trading both our future first and second but I think they would tick it off.

Our future second will likely fall around mid to high 20s.

The issue we’re having is that no players want to go and play for North which essentially stifles everything at the moment. We are asking the question of our young players but they simply don’t want to go.

Would North accept pick 8, our future first and pick 19 currently with the Giants?

I’m assuming the Giants would be happy to move some of their early picks this year to next year (especially if they also trade Hopper and have more firsts). Perhaps we could look to get pick 19 for a trade of Bonner and our future second?

Would need to get approval and signed of from the AFL first due to trading both our future first and second but I think they would tick it off.

You guys are floundering around like fish out of water trying to find excuses.

You don't need to find anyone who wants to play for us.

You just need to find a player who will play for any one of the other 16 teams in the competition, so long as that club has the prerequisite trade capital that we require to get the JHF deal done.

Its not rocket science.

JJK didn’t want to go to WC either when we traded for Judd.

It is the AFL landscape and sometimes you don’t have a choice.

Personally that is getting closer to the mark. Don't know if the club agrees. That pick however was once ours so I don't think that it is allowed to come back to us.

You guys are floundering around like fish out of water trying to find excuses.

You don't need to find anyone who wants to play for us.

You just need to find a player who will play for any one of the other 16 teams in the competition, so long as that club has the prerequisite trade capital that we require to get the JHF deal done.

Its not rocket science.
Not sure why it’s so hard for some North supporters to understand, none of our good players want out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why it’s so hard for some North supporters to understand, none of our good players want out.
They don't have to. You can push them like Hawthorn did with Burton. Kochie was happy to pop around to JHF's family and make them all sorts of promises. He can go around to Miles Bergman's parents and tell them they and their son aren't welcome at the club anymore or release dodgy stuff to the press like Collingwood did with Treloar.

Last edited:
So what?

Players get over hurt feelings all the time and decisions like this are apart of the game.

You want JHF in this trade period a bite of the bullet is needed and a player of value has to go regardless what the said player has to say about it. Lots of teams don’t want players of their own to walk either and don’t have a choice in the matter and just suck it up and seek appropriate value.

AFLPA with the power they have and players feelings is going over the top nowadays.

Suck it up and move on while trading someone of value on and get it done. Happens in every sporting code all over the world and we are no different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back