Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

His mix of power and vision is what really excites me. Equally adept at weaving through traffic like Pendlebury, as he is bursting through arm tackles.

Blend that with the skills and natural offensive game, and we could have the most upside i've seen in a Crows mid since Dangerfield.

He'll go through his ups and downs, but I feel like we've got something special building in Josh.

The much anticipated contract extension. Must be some good coin and good feels at AFC atm.

Rachele was signed to 2025 but has now joined his teammate and friend Jake Soligo in committing to the Crows until at least the end of 2029.

“The Club has been really good with my family and I have enjoyed my time here so much, I had no intentions of going home at all, and in this next period of time I really want us to have some success.”

.....now for Pedlar.

Will Ferrell Taladega Nights GIF

The much anticipated contract extension. Must be some good coin and good feels at AFC atm.

Rachele was signed to 2025 but has now joined his teammate and friend Jake Soligo in committing to the Crows until at least the end of 2029.

“The Club has been really good with my family and I have enjoyed my time here so much, I had no intentions of going home at all, and in this next period of time I really want us to have some success.”

.....now for Pedlar.
Weird time to drop it during the celebration from last night.

.....now for Pedlar.
This is the one I've been waiting for, glad to have this guy locked in for the long term! This kid is going to be a star of the comp very soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive signing.. congrats to him..

I just feel it's waay too long... Pendulum swung too far the other way?

Anyways happy we don't have to worry about josh moving anywhere and if he did... Anyone would be paying well overs.

Anyways happy we don't have to worry about josh moving anywhere and if he did... Anyone would be paying well overs.
Good young players all around the world are getting contracts this long.

Great news - obviously loves the club, and he will be an exciting player for years to come. A great signing.

On a separate note, I really dislike that footy writers continue to use the word 'mercurial' as a positive adjective to describe someone (as the AFC release for this news described Rachele). To quote Inigo Montoya - 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'

Surely you can pick a better fitting word.

Great news - obviously loves the club, and he will be an exciting player for years to come. A great signing.

On a separate note, I really dislike that footy writers continue to use the word 'mercurial' as a positive adjective to describe someone (as the AFC release for this news described Rachele). To quote Inigo Montoya - 'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'

Surely you can pick a better fitting word.
I don't know about that. He's like a God, isn't he? ;)

I think there's often a legitimate concern about signing up an individual player on a long contract - will they get injured, will they get too comfortable, will they not live up to their potential...

But when you look at it as a collective, I think it makes sense. Rachele & Soligo signed for +2 immediately, now long term. MM has just taken that first +2 step. Locking in that young group, who are keen/willing to commit, so they can build / grow together with a joint purpose, spur each other on... I think that's a good thing, and the fact that we can and are doing it is a good sign for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back