Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

It was more likely a niggle where he was able to train ok previously but not 100% during a game. Now it’s been further knocked up during the Dees match, which is forcing him to be rested more.
The niggles on his thigh/hip would also likely explain why he hasn’t been as accurate as in his earlier games, and why he’s been looking more dejected/frustrated.

Do you think he has been that much more demonstrative than his earlier games?

He seems a very emotional player. In game 3 when his confidence was sky high I thought he was going to break down and start crying when he gave away that 50metre to Boak.

I don't think he is any more emotional than he was earlier in the year, its just since his form hasn't been as good the negative emotions are more prevalent than the positive.

It was more likely a niggle where he was able to train ok previously but not 100% during a game. Now it’s been further knocked up during the Dees match, which is forcing him to be rested more.
The niggles on his thigh/hip would also likely explain why he hasn’t been as accurate as in his earlier games, and why he’s been looking more dejected/frustrated.
He's in his first year, any games he plays at AFL level is a bonus. you dont take risks with him!!

Burgo is only a genius if we win. I have wondered how long it will take for people to turn on him.
Of the three pillars of physical wellbeing, strength, stamina and flexibility; none can be improved quickly in a young man who is already at near peak physical development. Gains are incremental but at elite level, the last few percent is what he's searching for.

If the club has some problems, Darren Burgess isn't one of them.

The Burgess gains will come. Take it to the bank.

He's in his first year, any games he plays at AFL level is a bonus. you dont take risks with him!!

The AFC way, let's not take risks in the second or third year either. Maybe even the fourth. Safety first.

Nick Daicos is certainly benefiting from a no-risk, baby steps approach at Collingwood. He should probably sit the rest of the season out, 15 games is a lot.

The AFC way, let's not take risks in the second or third year either. Maybe even the fourth. Safety first.

Nick Daicos is certainly benefiting from a no-risk, baby steps approach at Collingwood. He should probably sit the rest of the season out, 15 games is a lot.

Daicos is a freak. You get 1 or 2 of those in a draft at best

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's almost underrated how good he's been. Check him out compared to the debut season from Rozee that had us all shitting ourselves that they'd found a gem.

Unfortunately they have. Rozee will be one of the competitions top 10 players within 18 months. I would swap any young player on our list for him. That 2018 super draft was a lose-lose.

Unfortunately they have. Rozee will be one of the competitions top 10 players within 18 months. I would swap any young player on our list for him. That 2018 super draft was a lose-lose.
Our draft was a disaster. Rozee is a good player but I wouldn't say top 10. Once Boak, Gray retire he will get some more attention.

There has to be an ability to play through injury to a certain extent. However, it is also a reasonable excuse for a player to look sluggish and not at their best. Especially a first year player.

I think both Rachele and McHenry have been playing with injuries for a fair portion of the season and in coming seasons we are more likely to see them produce consistently the glimpses we've seen of their best, than what we've seen the past 2 months.

You do realise if he has niggles, then playing him in the SANFL will give you a similar risk of injuries compared with playing in AFL?
It’s only when he’s obviously injured where he can’t train, then he should be rested from playing. If he’s out of form or not with it mentally, then another small forward should take his place. The team selection and injury prevention are sort of separate issues.

You do realise if he has niggles, then playing him in the SANFL will give you a similar risk of injuries compared with playing in AFL?
It’s only when he’s obviously injured where he can’t train, then he should be rested from playing. If he’s out of form or not with it mentally, then another small forward should take his place. The team selection and injury prevention are sort of separate issues.
If he has niggles dont play him full stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's already been Crow'd. Seen the best of him early on and we won't see much more improvement for a couple of years. Seems to be the standard development curve for our young players

You have no idea how much I hate this post........

its accuracy sadly is not only true but a repeated pattern.

I reckon he's already been Crow'd. Seen the best of him early on and we won't see much more improvement for a couple of years. Seems to be the standard development curve for our young players
I get there’s not too much to be excited about right now, but this seems a bit too Debbie Downer

He’s a first year small forward. There’s obviously going to be ups and downs in his first season. The class is obviously still there, he’ll be fine

He needs a bigger role.

Worth noting his opportunities as a pure small forward have dried up since we have gone 2-8 and Fog has lifted. Taking those SF chances away as well.

Needs the dual SF/Mid role Rowe has.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get there’s not too much to be excited about right now, but this seems a bit too Debbie Downer

He’s a first year small forward. There’s obviously going to be ups and downs in his first season. The class is obviously still there, he’ll be fine
Nah, he's rubbish, trade him now while we can still get something for him.

Another failed Hamish pick who's not in AA contention in his first year.

:rolleyes:

Nah, he's rubbish, trade him now while we can still get something for him.

Another failed Hamish pick who's not in AA contention in his first year.

:rolleyes:
Has that been the criticism? Can you point to where that is the benchmark.

Most of us just want our first rounders to be quality players and you know we’ve had costly recent misses.

But hey you got some to like a bullshit point. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back