Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

He may not want to given wc being a shambles.

There are only so many teams. You could argue they are all in a better spot than wc
Id argue he’d rather stay at WC with his good friends and settled family than risk going just anywhere. I actually think he’s going to resign anyway, but if he wanted to play with his cousins WC won’t be under any obligation to be nice about it. Pick 19 seems reasonable.

Id argue he’d rather stay at WC with his good friends and settled family than risk going just anywhere. I actually think he’s going to resign anyway, but if he wanted to play with his cousins WC won’t be under any obligation to be nice about it. Pick 19 seems reasonable.

I have no idea, maybe you should ask him.

One things for sure it's nice to watch D Rioli and MRJ link up.

Idk how close they are but adding Willie to the mix would be good to watch.

What's Cyril up to these days

Why would you re draft him when rebuilding?

We wouldn't.

But the PSD is a problem for the Tigers as Essendon also are keen. And Essendon would definitely swoop and grab him for free.

If this transpires, I will hope Willie would do the right thing by the club that stood by and supported him and would agree to go to either Richmond or Essendon and not nominate just one club. It would mean a fair competitive trade would transpire.

Personally, I think pick 29 is on the money. 19 is overs and the Eagles would need to add something else, a 3rd.

Essendon has pick 23 and the word up here on the 'bush telegraph' is Essendon have tabled an offer better than the Eagles.

Let's not get into a smart-ass crap shoot about it though. He is a quality premiership player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he has issues.

Hasnt stopped Richmond in the past. Its actually a smart angle. Fair few teams wouldnt draft or retain players with the history of some at Richmond. They back themselves and their programs to get the best out of the 'rough diamonds'. And look how successful that strategy has been. Very.

Hasnt stopped Richmond in the past. Its actually a smart angle. Fair few teams wouldnt draft or retain players with the history of some at Richmond. They back themselves and their programs to get the best out of the 'rough diamonds'. And look how successful that strategy has been. Very.
Tigers are the best club for him and his personal issues does reduce his trade value.

What players have had issues?

Cousins was a long time ago.
Connor’s was sacked.

Don’t even try and say dusty.

Tigers are the best club for him and his personal issues does reduce his trade value.

Not as much as you think.

His last name increases his trade value to that club. Any club.

Three Rioli's on a Richmond supporter marketing shirt. How many of those alone you think get sold? The marketing people would go pretty well with that material. Delicious! ;) :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back