Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

where are these clubs at?
Plenty of clubs with more draft capital than Port this season champion, do a bit of homework. West coast have no obligation to trade pick 2 so until a club comes forward with a suitable deal acknowledging that a premium must be paid for a top 2 pick then they'll just take it to the draft. Not sure why they'd help port land JHF while in the same breathe they're trying to fleece them for rioli.

I wonder what a trade for pick 2 would actually look like. I think in this instance, everyone knows it's really pick 3 and pick 8 is pick 9. I think if you could guarantee that future pick was between pick 8 and 10, you'd be ok with that but WC cant guarantee it and there's a decent risk that pick goes to between 15 and 18 which would be horrible.

The more you play it out, the more it feels like it doesnt make sense for anyone involved unless WC really dont like the options at 2/3 any more than 8/9

Plenty of clubs with more draft capital than Port this season champion, do a bit of homework. West coast have no obligation to trade pick 2 so until a club comes forward with a suitable deal acknowledging that a premium must be paid for a top 2 pick then they'll just take it to the draft. Not sure why they'd help port land JHF while in the same breathe they're trying to fleece them for rioli.
Not what I meant at all. I was saying no other club has made an offer for it.

There are several other clubs who could offer a better deal than anything port can come up with. Why do you seem to think any rioli deal has to include us splitting pick 2 with Port?
It doesn’t have to. The media were the ones suggesting that was in play.

If a deal can’t be done then he goes for nothing so may aswell try and tie him into something rather than getting a pick you might not even use.

Pick 2 value is equivalent of 8 & 18 on points. Which doesn’t sound very appealing, but obviously there is a premium attached if you putting it on the table but it be interesting to see what that premium is.

2 + Rioli for 8 and a future first is a disastrous trade.

Port effectively traded 11, 23, 30, 35, 49 for 5 and Sam Mayes in 2018. Mayes played 6 games that year and played 20 games in 4 seasons at Port so wasn't overly valuable at the time. GWS effectively traded 12 and 18 and a future first for 4 and 59 in 2019.

If we put pick 2 on the table I'm confident a better offer than 8 and a future first would present and that's without adding Rioli.

There are several other clubs who could offer a better deal than anything port can come up with. Why do you seem to think any rioli deal has to include us splitting pick 2 with Port?

You could mount an argument for why you wouldn’t want to split pick 2 ,

But I’m not sure what clubs can make a better offer?

Please , give us some examples of better trades than pick 8 and future 1st that would be possible for pick 2?

Name them..

Now asking for dan houston.
Think you just walk away now. Let them come back when they are more realistic

2 + Rioli for 8 and a future first is a disastrous trade.

Port effectively traded 11, 23, 30, 35, 49 for 5 and Sam Mayes in 2018. Mayes played 6 games that year and played 20 games in 4 seasons at Port so wasn't overly valuable at the time. GWS effectively traded 12 and 18 and a future first for 4 and 59 in 2019.

If we put pick 2 on the table I'm confident a better offer than 8 and a future first would present and that's without adding Rioli.

Draft points really skew how people view these trades I think. Pick 2 should be worth 8 and next Port's first rounder next year on it's own - this trade would essentially be giving Junior away.

Based on talent and their midfield, and based on the assumption that Port get Junior, JHF, and Ratogulea, and based on the additional assumption of father/sons and priority picks - I wouldn't expect Port's pick next year to be inside the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noone else is going to take on a bloke who has just missed 2 years of footy due to off field behaviour
Then Port are in the hot seat to get him for free in the PSD :thumbsu:

Rioli played more games in the last 4 years than Meek, just sayin'

I think we should walk away too let Rioli end up somewhere else via PSD

Perfect! Which teams will pick him up at 4 x 600k and doesn't want to play for them?

We don't care if we don't get Rioli.

If he walks to the PSD it's a no lose situation with Port and a full lose situation for WC.

Not even a strong posturing situation either because the player is average at best and you're asking for Georgiades, Houston. Surprised Butters or Rozee haven't been mentioned yet.

If 27 was on the table, WC should've ran with it. They played hardball and Port made other moves because the trade period isn't centred around him when they have JHF and now Esava nominating them too.

It may be a lose for Rioli but he approached Port, WC are asking ridiculous overs. There's only so much a club can do.

May end up being a lose lose neutral result. Loss for WC and Rioli and neutral for Port, nothing lost, nothing gained.

Meek doesn't come with off field issues
Eagles should take 33 or 43 if it's offered before port spend all their picks
Yeah Meek has onfield issues, can't get a game. 15 games in 4 seasons should give him away for free. Rioli was B22 for us

We're not desperate to get rid of Rioli. Port made him a significant offer so they need to come to the party or take their chances in the PSD

Perfect! Which teams will pick him up at 4 x 600k and doesn't want to play for them?

We don't care if we don't get Rioli.

If he walks to the PSD it's a no lose situation with Port and a full lose situation for WC.

Not even a strong posturing situation either because the player is average at best and you're asking for Georgiades, Houston. Surprised Butters or Rozee haven't been mentioned yet.

If 27 was on the table, WC should've ran with it. They played hardball and Port made other moves because the trade period isn't centred around him when they have JHF and now Esava nominating them too.

It may be a lose for Rioli but he approached Port, WC are asking ridiculous overs. There's only so much a club can do.

May end up being a lose lose neutral result. Loss for WC and Rioli and neutral for Port, nothing lost, nothing gained.
Port will have to come up with some other idea for JHF

I am on record saying i am happy to lose Rioli for nothing in the PSD

I wonder if the Crows might be interested

Yeah Meek has onfield issues, can't get a game. 15 games in 4 seasons should give him away for free. Rioli was B22 for us

We're not desperate to get rid of Rioli. Port made him a significant offer so they need to come to the party or take their chances in the PSD
15 in 2 seasons actually, not bad for a ruck stuck behind arguably the best 1-2 combo in the league

Port will have to come up with some other idea for JHF

I am on record saying i am happy to lose Rioli for nothing in the PSD

I wonder if the Crows might be interested

That would be a great result!

Hopefully Adelaide are into him. I think most Port supporters couldn't care less if we don't get a 27 year old inconsistent small forward off a 2 year drug suspension on a high wage.

win, win, win for all involved. WC get the spud off their books, Port miss out on overpaying a player and Adelaide with cap space get a replacement player to teach their kids how to smoke joints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back