MRP / Trib. Kossie Pickett hit on Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the Melbourne nuffs try to defend the dog campaigner, he’s a ******* pig of a player.

Should honestly be 5 weeks for that action

And look at the Dogs supporters crying and exaggerating what happened.

Nobody is defending what he did, just the exaggeration of the response.

I think this should go to the tribunal. I’d like to see Pickett have to explain, under intense questioning, what he was thinking because to me that is such an unnatural action in AFL that it must be premeditated.

I think it should be 2-3 weeks with a very stern message from the AFL about the potential damage this could have caused and a clear message that future actions of this nature will be treated harshly regardless of the actual outcome.

Regards

S. Pete

just screenshots from match replay, anyone can do it:

Screenshot 2023-03-19 132011.png
Screenshot 2023-03-19 132155.png
Screenshot 2023-03-19 132237.png
I'm not judge/jury/executioner...I just did 3 screenshots.

note Pickett body kept rising, background fence as reference, Smith's head initially is slightly forward ahead of his trunk, then it got pushed further back. You draw your own conclusions, no image manipulation was done whatsoever.

Last edited:
Look at the Melbourne nuffs try to defend the dog campaigner, he’s a ******* pig of a player.

Yeah man, he’s never done anything like it before so naturally we’re not going to write him off as a dog campaigner. If he had tried to hit Smith in the head, he would have knocked his block off. Look at the screenshots posted above. Smith was in a vulnerable position and it could have been a horrible injury. He mistimed it, it was highly irresponsible, it deserves a long holiday. Don’t deflect your natural anger at your genuinely spineless team at Pickett.

Yeah man, he’s never done anything like it before so naturally we’re not going to write him off as a dog campaigner. If he had tried to hit Smith in the head, he would have knocked his block off. Look at the screenshots posted above. Smith was in a vulnerable position and it could have been a horrible injury. He mistimed it, it was highly irresponsible, it deserves a long holiday. Don’t deflect your natural anger at your genuinely spineless team at Pickett.
He’s a genuine maggot of a player

Your team got flogged and you’re obviously quite salty. He did run them a bath last night.

Probably 2 weeks, would get off if he played at a few other sides or if he had a different last name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he nailed the chest it would have been an all time great bump, but he took the risk and clipped the chin. When you leave the ground, the risk isn’t worth it. 3 weeks IMO.

The ball had already left Smith, very late bump.

Why go the bump, .... tackle the player and affect the ball disposal.

Gets at least one week for the lift off (as already stated, very late), another week for the poor move of bumping when tackling was an option.

Let’s call it a Kosi brainfaid.

Dog act, Melbourne giving him a standing ovation afterwards doesn't hold him in a great light either.

Anything less than 3 weeks would be a rort. Just because contact was made with the chest a genuine split second before the head really doesn't mean anything. Comparing this to Cripps' is a logical fallacy anyway. There was an element of the ball being in dispute in that incident. Bailey Smith has clearly just disposed of the ball in this instance, leaving his body open and incredibly vulnerable to a hit from Pickett. Pickett propelling himself off the ground like a torpedo makes it look utterly shocking. The AFL better get this one right. Seriously dirty act, Kossie is treading a fine line like his uncle.

3-4 depending on the medical report

Left the ground with a clear intent to bump into Smith …can’t be defended

Medical report is completely irrelevant.

It's time that the AFL started handing out penalties on the actions, not the outcome.

This was a very silly and cowardly act and must be penalised hard, especially if the AFL are serious about protecting the head.

Don't care who the player is or which club they play for, pull one of those stunts and it should be a mandatory 6-weeks on the sidelines regardless of whether you fess up, show remorse or apologise.

Anything less is window-dressing and a farce !!!

Medical report is completely irrelevant.

It's time that the AFL started handing out penalties on the actions, not the outcome.

This was a very silly and cowardly act and must be penalised hard, especially if the AFL are serious about protecting the head.

Don't care who the player is or which club they play for, pull one of those stunts and it should be a mandatory 6-weeks on the sidelines regardless of whether you fess up, show remorse or apologise.

Anything less is window-dressing and a farce !!!
100%

The media is already in full swing in getting him off though, I’m pretty sure I heard Jon Ralph say it will be low impact.

In what world does judging on the outcome make sense? That was one of the biggest dog acts seen on a footy field in quite some time. Should genuinely be 5 weeks but it won’t be

100%

The media is already in full swing in getting him off though, I’m pretty sure I heard Jon Ralph say it will be low impact.

In what world does judging on the outcome make sense? That was one of the biggest dog acts seen on a footy field in quite some time. Should genuinely be 5 weeks but it won’t be
Classic x-Factor player having the media going in to bat because they endear themselves to them. If this was Kade Chandler or Oscar Baker it would be an open/shut 3-4 weeks.

just screenshots from match replay, anyone can do it:

View attachment 1633680
View attachment 1633681
View attachment 1633682
I'm not judge/jury/executioner...I just did 3 screenshots.

note Pickett body kept rising, background fence as reference, Smith's head initially is slightly forward ahead of his trunk, then is got pushed further back. You draw your own conclusions, no image manipulation was done whatsoever.
And Tim English was in standstill through it all.

Dog act, Melbourne giving him a standing ovation afterwards doesn't hold him in a great light either.

Anything less than 3 weeks would be a rort. Just because contact was made with the chest a genuine split second before the head really doesn't mean anything. Comparing this to Cripps' is a logical fallacy anyway. There was an element of the ball being in dispute in that incident. Bailey Smith has clearly just disposed of the ball in this instance, leaving his body open and incredibly vulnerable to a hit from Pickett. Pickett propelling himself off the ground like a torpedo makes it look utterly shocking. The AFL better get this one right. Seriously dirty act, Kossie is treading a fine line like his uncle.
100%

3-5 weeks, yet the bloke he hit was caught engaging in an illegal activity, and only got 2 weeks? You kidding!?

Should be given a medal for putting him on his arse.

I’m not excusing him, as above I feel he deserves a long holiday, but he wasn’t launching himself at his head. He was clearly going for the chest but he miscalculated and there’s absolutely no room to do that when you jump. What he did was stupid and dangerous, but it was hardly a Tom Stewart style “I want to hurt this prick” brain fart
The intention was worse than Stewart, fortunately for Smith and Pickett the outcome was not

3-5 weeks, yet the bloke he hit was caught engaging in an illegal activity, and only got 2 weeks? You kidding!?

Should be given a medal for putting him on his arse.
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back