MRP / Trib. Kossie Pickett hit on Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

All these Doggies supporters preaching "Oh, it's not a good look for the game", "think of the brain", blah blah blah.

You know what is a worse look for the game and probably worse for the brain? The bloke he dumped on his arse racking up and doing nose beers.

Where was the Doggies outrage then???
If only it was relevant to the incident and you would almost have a point

Dog act, Melbourne giving him a standing ovation afterwards doesn't hold him in a great light either.
This was mostly because of the boos from the Dogs fans tbf. Less a “well done” because everyone I know thought it was a s**t act, then a “chin up and move on”

The intention was worse than Stewart, fortunately for Smith and Pickett the outcome was not
Yeah not sure about that. Stewart was aiming for the head. Total brain fade from a good guy

Medical report is completely irrelevant.

It's time that the AFL started handing out penalties on the actions, not the outcome.

This was a very silly and cowardly act and must be penalised hard, especially if the AFL are serious about protecting the head.

Don't care who the player is or which club they play for, pull one of those stunts and it should be a mandatory 6-weeks on the sidelines regardless of whether you fess up, show remorse or apologise.

Anything less is window-dressing and a farce !!!
I’m in agreement , I am just stating that is what it will be based for the consequences

I don’t like it but that’s how the tribunal/MRP operates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 weeks intentionally having both feet off the ground
5 for getting bailey smith high
4 for having his arm tucked
2 for the clenched fist in macraes face afterwards
1 because concussion is in the news
2 because he’s not named patty cripps

whats that 20 weeks? make it 19 with an early plea, sounds fair and reasonable.

I wouldn’t be entirely against this if it was applied consistently, but we all know it won’t be. There’s no point throwing the book in rd 1 when we all know the rules get relaxed as the year goes on and finals come into the equation. The AFLs inconsistency on this issue is a big part of the reason why players still attempt stupid bumps like that. Just outlaw the action.
This will be the last season with the bump being in the game. The cost of the class actions and the ex players coming out and revealing that football has left them with brain damage will force a change.

About right, although don't know about high impact considering he bounced straight up
You realise you could hit someone in the head with a low impact hit and concuss them right? The result hasn’t and shouldn’t dictate the impact.

You realise you could hit someone in the head with a low impact hit and concuss them right? The result hasn’t and shouldn’t dictate the impact.
Agree, but that has been the precedent for years.

Should be able to get off on appeal downgrading from high impact to low and get away with a fine which would be a good result.

No idea how Kozzie gets high impact when Smith bounced up and played out the game while Collins goes off for concussion testing and Buddy gets medium impact 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back