Toast Lachie Fogarty - traded to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree he isn't a finisher like Kelly, but he does have a very neat disposal out of congestion and has seemingly worked on his kicking depth.
I don't think he'll ever be considered "silky" but I reckon he will use it very well over his career.

Kelly, at 24 has a bit more experience than Fogarty, who's just turned 19. Give Fogarty a few years + he'll be an all-round fine Midfielder.

I'm fast getting pants feelings for him :hearteyecat:

Fogarty laid 10 tackles, as I posted in the Review thread. He can more than make up for Menzel's lack of defensive pressure + both can kick goals!

The other trait I love about him is his enthusiasm! He looks so thrilled to be playing + with his enthusiasm, it spills over into exuberance! He's quite the package with all the qualities mentioned in previous posts.

Although I agree he isn't a finisher like Kelly, but he does have a very neat disposal out of congestion and has seemingly worked on his kicking depth.
I don't think he'll ever be considered "silky" but I reckon he will use it very well over his career.
I would not describe Selwood as silky either...

Shows good intention and attack on the ball but damn his kicking is shocking... Like a wedge in golf and has them floating all over the place.
If he can start getting those snaps on line he could be bloody good. Still providing absolutely plenty for this stage of his development, but I agree it's the area that needs the most work.

Terrific pick up for us , hungry for the contest and seems to know where to be to stay involved
Will be an absolute ripper when he converts his opportunities into goals

Fogarty appears to be a well grounded live wire who looks comfortable being in the team. His kicking will improve.

Injuries to so many experienced players has been a blessing in disguise for Geelong as the newbies like Fogarty have been given successive and consistent game time and not just the odd game here and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a look at Doedee’s stats and actually watching that game I would say he will get the nomination and Fog will have to wait atleast another week

Doedee got the nomination in round 2.

Seems like it’s between Witherden and Fog this week, unless there’s a standout performance in the Tigers v Demons or ANZAC Day games.

Seems like it’s between Witherden and Fog this week.

I'll start by saying I think Fogs is making a brilliant go of it so early in his career with us. Massively impressed by him thus far.

But based on the numbers and the respective guernseys they wear, I imagine Witherden is a lock for this week.

Surely the AFL is desperate to keep throwing whatever crumbs of comfort they can north of the Tweed right now, given how little joy the Paddle-Pop supporters are experiencing in 2018.

Fogarty laid 10 tackles, as I posted in the Review thread. He can more than make up for Menzel's lack of defensive pressure + both can kick goals!

The other trait I love about him is his enthusiasm! He looks so thrilled to be playing + with his enthusiasm, it spills over into exuberance! He's quite the package with all the qualities mentioned in previous posts.

So true.

That is a very worthy read, thanks for posting it fpm84.

I know for a fact that intercepts in the forward half of the ground is seen as a crucial stat in the AFL. I suspect the club is very happy with his work.

Wonder who is the other 'rival' recruiter?

Interesting comparison between the '99 +'01 AFL draftees, as a rebuild from losing '94 + '95 GFs + playing Finals until '97, then missing '98 + '99 - to the rebuild from winning 2011 GF, making Finals every year except 2014 - saying the draftees in '99 +'01 weren't recognised as champions in their first few years, but ". . .amassed more games in that period than all their counterparts".

Geelong - 2017-18 Kittens.png

Geelong - Up To Rd5-2018-Most Debutantes.png
Compare the Picks Geelong had in 2016 + 2017
2016 Draft.png
2017 Draft.png

Compared to the 1999 + 2001 Picks

1999 Draft.png

2001 Draft.png
Geelong has recruited brilliantly!

Ne
Doedee got the nomination in round 2.

Seems like it’s between Witherden and Fog this week, unless there’s a standout performance in the Tigers v Demons or ANZAC Day games.
witherden and Doedee been in the system for a year or two, makes Fogarty look even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back