Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I think this will be a massive blessing in disguise for you guys tbh
This would be exactly why Freo fans dont want to do this deal. It's not actually good for us, I'd almost guarantee Brisbane come out ahead in this within 3 years.

Why should Brisbane have to give up a first round pick? Neale is worth a top ten pick on his own.

Your problem is you're looking at Supercoach resource sites instead of actual news articles, or even better, club press releases.
Sooo what's he worth realistically then mate? At aged 25 didn't he go for Pick 6 and 19 with 30 coming back to us? Surely he has gone down in value since then considering age? :S

Well, obviously. The 6 is from Carlton in the Cerra trade
Not without 14 or 16 coming back
we have plenty of inside mids

Its not incumbent upon us to take even though he would be nice, he left for more money
on what was probs a front loaded contract

This is the second site I have seen that says 2022?? Strange that a few sites say end of next year

Freo trade 2021 first and 2022 first for Neale and a lesson for you on how to take screenshots

This would be exactly why Freo fans dont want to do this deal. It's not actually good for us, I'd almost guarantee Brisbane come out ahead in this within 3 years.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a zero-sum situation. There are trade scenarios where both teams improve.

Why the fu** are we giving up Neale and 18 for a 12 point upgrade on our first rounder?

Because 6 is vastly more valuable that pick 18 in drafting an elite kid, it gives you much more flexibility in terms of trade currency & salary cap space should you need it, or most excitingly I believe for Brisbane, it allows you to hit the draft over this/next year in a similar way to Port in 2018 with at pick 6, 14 and what looms as the number 1 selection overall next year in Ashcroft.

For someone who wants to leave, I honestly think just getting it done and getting in three elite kids along with the additional salary cap space to target a free agent would be the best way to maximise the next five years for your club.

EDIT: To add further, your KPP players are in a great age range to contest over the next 6 years, using Neale (a player who has flagged he wants to leave and has struggled with his body this year as a 28-year old) as a way to maximise what will be some rare high-end draft currency will give you a unique opportunity to draft in multiple elite talents to cover the likes of Zorko (33), Lyons (30) and (Rich 32) as they start to decline in the coming year or two.

Last edited:
Just really seems a horrible fit. The only way I see something getting done is if Freo pay pick 8 while keeping 6 and being able to bring in a half decent forward with other picks.
Brisbane will probably only do it if they keep pick 8 from the trade and pick up a Parker type or maybe someone like Mitchell. 8 seems unders but it will work if they get a decent replacement cheaper. Brisbane’s future first could also be used to help find a replacement leaving them with 3 first rounders.

Not without 14 or 16 coming back
we have plenty of inside mids

Its not incumbent upon us to take even though he would be nice, he left for more money
on what was probs a front loaded contract

You're gonna lose Cerra, Neale is an instant upgrade, takes attention off Serong and Brayshaw as they continue to develop and gives you the luxury of playing Fyfe up forward more often. Neale and a preserved Fyfe will put you in finals along with the natural development of your list. If Dockers want that they'll have to give up something of value for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the second site I have seen that says 2022?? Strange that a few sites say end of next year

Because those websites are wrong and then other websites copy them.

According to this list, Ah Chee is out of contract 2020, yet he is still on our list. There's several contracts wrong there too.

I'm more inclined to believe the club website that says he signed for 5 years:

It doesn't necessarily have to be a zero-sum situation. There are trade scenarios where both teams improve.
I see this being either a lose/lose or lose/win to you. We dont have the team to be top 4 within 3 years because of previous stupid hail mary trades. Top 4 within 3 years is the only way this works for a Freo supporter.

We havent even touched on the risk Neale's significant injuries from this year end up being an issue and impact his output. There is almost no scenario this is positive for Freo unless you do Neale a solid and let him go for unders (of which there is reason for you to do so)

Because 6 is vastly more valuable that pick 18 in drafting an elite kid, it gives you much more flexibility in terms of trade currency & salary cap space should you need it, or most excitingly I believe for Brisbane, it allows you to hit the draft over this/next year in a similar way to Port in 2018 with at pick 6, 14 and what looms as the number 1 selection overall next year in Ashcroft.

For someone who wants to leave, I honestly think just getting it done and getting in three elite kids along with the additional salary cap space to target a free agent would be the best way to maximise the next five years for your club.

That's ridiculous. Neale + 18 is worth way more to a team in its window than pick 6.

Berry is shithouse at football.
Huge disappointment.
Not fit to tie Parker's shoe laces.

Berry started the year w
peak Neale gets traded with 30 for 6, 19 and a pick in the fu** all region…

neale 4 years older and banged up now goes for two firsts apparently

I don't agree with the 2 first rounder thing, but how did Neale age 4 years in 3 seasons?

Also, I'd suggest peak Neale was probably the year he won the medal for best player in the league ;)

Almost identical age as Jeremy Cameron. We were told over and over 3 first round picks for an uncontracted free agent.

This is a contracted now Brownlow Medalist. The dockers had no issue demanding absolute top dollar for Neale, Hill and Weller.

So you value Neale at pick 36
point system is bogus
what value would you place on the difference between the 8th and 16th pick
Nik Cox………Lachie Jones
Caleb Serong…..Cooper Stephens
Tarryn Thomas….Ned McHenry

Back