Lewis hit on Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys ae nuts. I was in a North Melbourne box at the game. No one thought it was more than a 50 metre penalty in real time.

But he'll get done. So stop whining
I'm not whining.

I'm just advocating we talk reality rather than the nonsensical claim that Lewis was trying to spoil the ball.

We don't like eye gougers and scratchers at Hawthorn. But each to their own.

Hodge and Lewis will both get two weeks. Now can everyone stop their faux outrage?

As long as Hawthorn fans stop their faux outrage everytime someone else gets reported. Such bad offenders your whole fan base.
Best examples are the Llyod incident and every single time a Geelong player gets reported for a love tap.
These weren't love taps though. Absolute cheap shots from Lewis and Hodge.

It's no wonder the North team has become so soft - they're just following the trend set by their fans.

Lloyd rearranged Sewell (and Thurgood's) face, sending him to hospital and out of the game (if it hadn't been finals) for 6 weeks.

Goldie and Swallow both got up, played out the rest of the match and shook hands at the end of the game.

The two incidents are completely different, yet you want to pretend they're the same so can continue this rather sad whining. Enough. It's just making North look soft.

Oh and BTW - Lloyd got his fair whack at the tribunal (although he was retiring). Punishment/Crime and all that

Its no wonder the Hawk team have become cowards - they're just following the trend set by their fans.

The only difference between Lloyd and Hodge is that Hodge got very lucky he did not do a lot more damage. You can call us soft all you like what he did has no place in the game. He knows that - its why he apologised.

Brown had half a game and didn't go anywhere near Lloyd. Everyone knows Brown was a coward. Move on.

Seriously, Lloyd ran. Never went near a contest for the rest of the day, look at his possession count. Gutless sniper. Unlike Lewis who is also a sniper, but at least goes when it is his turn.

Seriously, Lloyd ran. Never went near a contest for the rest of the day, look at his possession count. Gutless sniper. Unlike Lewis who is also a sniper, but at least goes when it is his turn.
Matthew Lloyd - 9 disposals
Campbell Brown - 8 disposals

One was a full forward playing his last game. One was a midfielder/winger who played for several more years. You were saying?

Last edited:
So they've gone for careless, high impact and high contact.

Again no consistency between judging incidents on what actually happened and what could have happened.

Hawks will take the 2 weeks though.

If you are going to have a system that grades punishment by impact surely you need to judge it by the actual impact not by what it could potentially be

If not change the grading system

If you're going to have a system that grades punishment by intent surely you need to judge it by the actual intent and not give him a get out of jail card just because it was part of a marking contest.

That was as intentional as it could possibly get.

Lol - High impact for players that never even left the ground.

But they need to get to the predestined numbers of weeks - so let's just throw the process out the window.

Lol. And people will still be whining and claiming Hawthorn's protected.

If you're going to have a system that grades punishment by intent surely you need to judge it by the actual intent and not give him a get out of jail card just because it was part of a marking contest.

That was as intentional as it could possibly get.
Probably was intentional but hard to prove.

To me it seems they decide the punishments then work back to make the gradings fit the punishment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best for Lewis to take the 2 weeks and have a rest, I dont see any other reasonable option at this point

2 weeks is probably right
Yep. It's the explanation that is frustrating with this "potential for injury" changing the graded impact to high when the player wasn't affected by the hit any more than if you copped a falcon.

If it was deemed intentional, medium impact and high contact I wouldn't have an issue despite the fact it would give the same punishment. At least that would've been consistent with how they've judged things this year.

Two weeks for Lewis is a fairly good outcome for us, any time MRP or Tribunal is involved its a crapshoot. Why they felt the need to point to specifc rules to justify their grading though....

Lewis 3 down to 2 is spot on given the new grading system. Take it and run.

Intentional, Medium (black eye), High Contact.

Not sure about Hodge going straight to the tribunal tho. Thought he'd be in the same boat as Lewis. I suspect hodge will get 3.

Seriously some Hawk fans are complaining about getting two weeks?
The phone call to accept would have been made less than 5mins after being informed for the penalty

Seriously some Hawk fans are complaining about getting two weeks?
The phone call to accept would have been made less than 5mins after being informed for the penalty
I think most accepted that he would get 2. It's the way that impact is graded on potential to cause injury instead of the actual impact, that is the problem most have with it

If it was classed as intentional and medium I think Hawthorn would have challenged it so they did it the other way which is harder to challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back