List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingers would be but it depends on the type of half back flank, because Sicily has played HBF well and isn't a big runner, while someone like Jiath is the opposite, aswell as Bramble when he played there late last year. It depends on the player.

yeah for sure but Bramble and CJ are substantially better endurance runners than William

no other choice but to rewatch the game boys

Was one of our best wins last year so I am happy to cop that punishment.

This is one of those things that I prefer to take the opinion of a respected poster who was at the game. Positional play is something that gets lost quite a bit when watching on TV.

not many blokes that can't run play wing though!
Not many no, but it has worked. I feel someone like Day would make it work purely because of his game style, he doesn't need to run all day he's smart enough. But the goal is for him to continue to build his body and fitness base, everything else he basically has in spades, his footballing side is unreal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but look at the distribution of the actual disposals and you will see they are spread all through the defensive fifty as well. It’s ok to admit you were wrong.
I looked at the heatmap mate. It's mostly all on that far wing.

Rather than the continued search for confirmation you could just take the word of a poster here who is a keen observer of our club and was, you know, actually at the game.

Last edited:
Rather than the continued search for confirmation you could just take the word of a poster here who is a keen observer of our club and were, you know, actually at the game.
I'll cop him saying he didn't start on the wing, must've imagined that. But he def played alot on the wing, moving up and alot of his possessions were on the wing which is shown by the heatmap.

The blue dots are the actual disposals. They are all over the defensive 2/3 of the field. There are just a few more on one wing that causes the heat map algorithm to call it a cluster but the disposals are mostly evenly spread.

Not many no, but it has worked. I feel someone like Day would make it work purely because of his game style, he doesn't need to run all day he's smart enough. But the goal is for him to continue to build his body and fitness base, everything else he basically has in spades, his footballing side is unreal.

to be honest I don't give a * where he plays as long as it's on the MCG

If Will Day is as good as we think, this is the equivalent of moving Hodge to the wing. Madness!

To put it to rest I went through the Kayo replay and checked every centre bounce. Here is the info.
  1. Day did not attend any CB on the wing.
  2. Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble were the 4 that rotated through there.
  3. One CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see one of the wingers as they were not in camera shot.
  4. Another CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see either winger of ours in camera shot.

To put it to rest I went through the Kayo replay and checked every centre bounce. Here is the info.
  1. Day did not attend any CB on the wing.
  2. Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble were the 4 that rotated through there.
  3. One CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see one of the wingers as they were not in camera shot.
  4. Another CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see either winger of ours in camera shot.
But did you see the heatmap?!

Tbh... Not the worst replay to rewatch 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back