Traded Marcus Adams [traded to Brisbane for #32 and a future 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Under contract, but is understood to have requested a trade. Most likely back to WA.

Bit of a weird one in that he can clearly play to a high level, and is coming into his prime, yet can't stay on the park.

Both WC and Freo seem set for Key Backs, but has shown he has potential to play forward too.

What is his value?

Yeah I cant see either club being too interested in an often injured key back when both clubs are pretty set in the positions.

Can see this going poorly for the Dogs if he absolutely has to go back to WA

Yeah not the best timing for Adams to leave. Personally I feel any less than a second rounder and we've lost badly, but neither WA club would want to part with a second rounder right now for a key defender. Maybe Freo if Luke Ryan didn't have such a good year (or if they aren't 100% confident in their younger players). I think he would improve Freo immediately if they took him, but may not be worth the price knowing they have plenty of young guys who would fill the role in a few years time anyway

I like Adams (when fit) but he is too good to be depth and I doubt we'd prioritise him above Logue.

Would definitely take on the cheap with no guarantee of first team, but he is better than that.

Would you play him forward? We have toyed with it at times, but could be a decent stop gap if you pick up one of the Kings?

Yeah not the best timing for Adams to leave. Personally I feel any less than a second rounder and we've lost badly, but neither WA club would want to part with a second rounder right now for a key defender. Maybe Freo if Luke Ryan didn't have such a good year (or if they aren't 100% confident in their younger players). I think he would improve Freo immediately if they took him, but may not be worth the price knowing they have plenty of young guys who would fill the role in a few years time anyway
I know he has a good pair of mitts, when he plays, its it more a negating role ok look
Would you play him forward? We have toyed with it at times, but could be a decent stop gap if you pick up one of the Kings?
I know our forward line isn't crash hot but whose spot does he take. Cox needs games as a 19yo kpf who has shown genuine talent and he'd be the same as Tabs for ability personally. Playing all three of them is too tall I think.

Like Joao said, he's a best 22 player as a defender but WC and us are pretty set in his position. Will be an interesting one to watch unfold.

MAYBE we move Hamling to a third tall position but we'd want to have a plan for Logue given we invested pick 7 in him.

I know he has a good pair of mitts, when he plays, its it more a negating role ok look

I know our forward line isn't crash hot but whose spot does he take. Cox needs games as a 19yo kpf who has shown genuine talent and he'd be the same as Tabs for ability personally. Playing all three of them is too tall I think.

Like Joao said, he's a best 22 player as a defender but WC and us are pretty set in his position. Will be an interesting one to watch unfold.

MAYBE we move Hamling to a third tall position but we'd want to have a plan for Logue given we invested pick 7 in him.

He's better than Hamling, takes lots of intercepts and kicks it a mile. Rather he stays- which sounds like what will happen.

He's better than Hamling, takes lots of intercepts and kicks it a mile. Rather he stays- which sounds like what will happen.

On exposed form, Hamling is leaving Adams behind. Hammer has been very solid over the last 2 seasons, very under rated player.

On exposed form, Hamling is leaving Adams behind. Hammer has been very solid over the last 2 seasons, very under rated player.

Hammer is not under rated by Bulldog fans. In 2016 finals he played on Kennedy, Rioli, Cameron and Franklin and did great.

But he's not as good a intercept Mark than Adams and he's not as good a one on one.

Would respectfully say that I think WC would have very little interest.
When on the park he is an OK footballer, but thats the rub, he is just so injury prone.

Sounds very condescending of me to say Zero interest , its not meant to sound that way , more so its a reflection how well stocked we are for tall's .

I think the Purples may have more need of his services than us.

Would respectfully say that I think WC would have very little interest.
When on the park he is an OK footballer, but thats the rub, he is just so injury prone.

Sounds very condescending of me to say Zero interest , its not meant to sound that way , more so its a reflection how well stocked we are for tall's .

I think the Purples may have more need of his services than us.
I think he's shown to be more than just an ok footballer when fit.

But I do agree with what you're saying. When McGovern re-signed, that basically ruled out any chance of West Coast wanting Marcus Adams (if they hadn't I think he would've been a lock for being traded to you guys). Plus I think Freo has a bigger need (albeit small) for big defenders anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free have no picks so it's only future picks or player, so considering his reliability they couldn't afford another Bennell situation. If WCE lose 2 FA they may be keener to get a mature body in, he could free up McGov to go fwd more.

I haven't seen many Dogs games this year, aside from the odd few, however would a trade for Fasolo be of any interest?

From a Pies perspective we wold be getting a KPD in exchange for a player we'e likely to lose anyway. For the Dogs they get a replacement for Dickson, although as I said, I haven't seen many Dogs games so don't know whether there's someone already in that role or being readied for the role.

Free have no picks so it's only future picks or player, so considering his reliability they couldn't afford another Bennell situation. If WCE lose 2 FA they may be keener to get a mature body in, he could free up McGov to go fwd more.
I think Adams is more capable forward than McGovern, at least I would prefer to play him forward if it meant McGovern can stay in his elite position.

Not to make it a selling point because I don't think he is a need for either club, but that would mean he is a backup WAFL option for West Coasts key forwards if something happens to Darling or Kennedy, or a key back standby. Not a huge value until he is needed.

I think Adams is more capable forward than McGovern, at least I would prefer to play him forward if it meant McGovern can stay in his elite position.

Not to make it a selling point because I don't think he is a need for either club, but that would mean he is a backup WAFL option for West Coasts key forwards if something happens to Darling or Kennedy, or a key back standby. Not a huge value until he is needed.

Given West Coast drafted 2 KP forwards last year and both are showing significant promise, I'd suggest we don't need back up there.

I think he's of some interest as a defender though. EMac became a key player again last season and is more clearly done, Schofield on his last legs and jury still out on Barass particularly in his ability to lock someone down.

If Adams can hold down Full Back and lock down genuine big forwards then I suspect we'd have significant interest. But we are happy to play that down :p

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't seen many Dogs games this year, aside from the odd few, however would a trade for Fasolo be of any interest?

From a Pies perspective we wold be getting a KPD in exchange for a player we'e likely to lose anyway. For the Dogs they get a replacement for Dickson, although as I said, I haven't seen many Dogs games so don't know whether there's someone already in that role or being readied for the role.
if he leaves it’s back to wa not to Collingwood I wouldn’t think , very strong rumour going around that you will end up with Steven may

Played as a forward for West Perth didn't he?

Amazed if Freo weren't interested in him. Very good in the air.

Dogs picked him up in for a mid 30's pick, if they can get something around that mark, if he wants to go home, then let him go.
Most likely get third round pick with your fourth Rd going back . Something like Crozier ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back