Mark Ricciuto. Worst 8 time All-Australian of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Victorian bias???

You mean like how Sam Mitchell in a Brownlow year didn't even make the AA team???

Get your hand off it...
Priddas didnt get an AA jumper his brownlow year as well.

Reckon Josh Kennedy (Sydney) is about 2 AA jerseys short as well. Mitchell 2 short, Hayes not getting one 2010 was another shocker

While Cam Mooney should hand back his 2007, and give it to Scott Lucas or Franklin Harley 2008, Medhurst somehow stole one because he had a good year playing for Collingwood,

While ok players who had good years for rewarded not because they were the best, just as a reward for stepping up, Ala Craig Bolton, Chad Fletcher

Murphy in 2011 over Birchall/Scotland was off

...'cause every year I look at the all Australian selections and think - that team is not going to win enough games because they're going to be continually let down by their bottom 6 players.

Priddas didnt get an AA jumper his brownlow year as well.

Reckon Josh Kennedy (Sydney) is about 2 AA jerseys short as well. Mitchell 2 short, Hayes not getting one 2010 was another shocker

While Cam Mooney should hand back his 2007, and give it to Scott Lucas or Franklin Harley 2008, Medhurst somehow stole one because he had a good year playing for Collingwood,

While ok players who had good years for rewarded not because they were the best, just as a reward for stepping up, Ala Craig Bolton, Chad Fletcher

Murphy in 2011 over Birchall/Scotland was off

But the interstate crowds are so hard done by...

Having watched most of Ricciuto's career I think he was a great player and undisputed great leader and tough player.

I don't think the greatness of players is rated by All Australian positions selected.

He was better than Robert Harvey. If he played in Victoria he would of been rated with Buckley/Hird/Voss

However. Possibly?
To me a peg below Harvey, about my favourite player ever. Harvey in his Brownlow years was insane. But I'd have Ricciuto about the same as Voss and over Buckley and Hird. Ricciuto like Voss could tear you apart.

Stand by my comment.

Severely under rated player Roo.

As opposed to Buckley and Goodes who were severely over rated.
He was a fine player mate but not in the same converstaion as Buckley, Buckley had him covered in just about every aspect of the game, but i know it's supposed to be cool how people can now find better players than Buckley from his generation, i guess it shows how much of an expert you really are, next we'll have people claiming Josh Bootsma was the equal to Buckley.

Buckley clearly ahead, go look up the stats.

There should be a ban on threads like "worst 300 gamer, worst 400 gamer, worst multiple time premiership winner etc etc". I mean when its worst 100 gamer or worst premiership winner OK fair enough - that's at least a reasonable topic of conversation and we know a few duds reach those levels. Its pretty sad to be reading a thread called "worst 8 time AA of all time". That's an incredible level of durability, consistency and performance over a long period of time in anyone's books.

Even better let’s do a poll: worst poster/thread ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a fine player mate but not in the same converstaion as Buckley, Buckley had him covered in just about every aspect of the game, but i know it's supposed to be cool how people can now find better players than Buckley from his generation, i guess it shows how much of an expert you really are, next we'll have people claiming Josh Bootsma was the equal to Buckley.

Buckley clearly ahead, go look up the stats.

ROFL, buckley wasnt the best kick from outside 50 at collingwood, saverio was.

ROFL, buckley wasnt the best kick from outside 50 at collingwood, saverio was.
Set shot maybe, and i don't even remember mentioning that, but now that you did Sav was probably the best set shot from outside 50 we've seen, especially from way out there, him and his brother were on another level.

Bucks v Roo

Disposals Buckleh

Clearances Buckley

Tackles Buckley

Goals Buckley

Contested possessions Buckley

Buckley was also a superiour ball user.

Set shot maybe, and i don't even remember mentioning that, but now that you did Sav was probably the best set shot from outside 50 we've seen, especially from way out there, him and his brother were on another level.

Bucks v Roo

Disposals Buckleh

Clearances Buckley

Tackles Buckley

Goals Buckley

its not even a conversation, riccuito was a cowardly thug who ruined dean kemp's career. his thuggery should've been met with a lifetime ban from the AFL. john hopoate got a life ban from league for sticking his fingers up someones butthole...nowhere near as injurious as what riccuito did to kemp.

I would say the top 4 players of all time at kicking goals from outside 50 would be wayne, nathan, saverio and anthony. 3 out of 4 were collingwood players. interesting...

its not even a conversation, riccuito was a cowardly thug who ruined dean kemp's career. his thuggery should've been met with a lifetime ban from the AFL. john hopoate got a life ban from league for sticking his fingers up someones butthole...nowhere near as injurious as what riccuito did to kemp.

I would say the top 4 players of all time at kicking goals from outside 50 would be wayne, nathan, saverio and anthony. 3 out of 4 were collingwood players. interesting...
Now ya talkin sense ;)

What has that got to do with his status as a player? Leigh Matthews says hi.
On another note, I'm probably going out on a limb here, but Dusty is arguably he worst player to win a Norm Smith and Brownlow in the same year.

What has that got to do with his status as a player? Leigh Matthews says hi.
On another note, I'm probably going out on a limb here, but Dusty is arguably he worst player to win a Norm Smith and Brownlow in the same year.

Probably, but dusty's not really an accolades guy. He's more about team success. And his team achieved the ultimate success so I don't think he's too perturbed by your comments.

Bucks v Roo

Disposals Buckleh

Clearances Buckley

Tackles Buckley

Goals Buckley

AA's Roo
AA Captains Roo
AFL premierships Roo

I know this current generation look for supercoach points and stats to prove how good a player is.

AA's Roo
AA Captains Roo
AFL premierships Roo

I know this current generation look for supercoach points and stats to prove how good a player is.

AA bench spots too.

You do realise premierships are a team award don't you? And Buckley should've been AA captain in 2002 when he didn't even make the team.

AA bench spots too.

You do realise premierships are a team award don't you? And Buckley should've been AA captain in 2002 when he didn't even make the team.

2002? In front of the premiership captain....ok

Look I'll give you he was a much, much better player than he is a coach

2002? In front of the premiership captain....ok

Look I'll give you he was a much, much better player than he is a coach
The premiership captain who had AAs on every line and midfield boasting 3 Brownlow medalists, they did manage to beat Buckleys AAless team by 8 points though, what a wonderful captain.

The premiership captain who had AAs on every line and midfield boasting 3 Brownlow medalists, they did manage to beat Buckleys AAless team by 8 points though, what a wonderful captain.
Yep.

And Roo was a better player than both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back