Preview Marsh Community Series - Game 2, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Morwell Recreation Reserve, Sunday 8th March, 3:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree
Wish him all the best with everything , but hope his hammies play up for the next 2 years
I do too but im not missing someone who chose to get on it s**t in the clubs face and not forfill his obligations to the club. Needed to put his big boy pants on and get on with it.

I do too but im not missing someone who chose to get on it s**t in the clubs face and not forfill his obligations to the club. Needed to put his big boy pants on and get on with it.
What a pathetic comment.

I’m confused. You had a go at the club for allowing stuv to go so cheaply but now it’s stuv who has let the club down And should’ve met his obligations ? You’re a Pissa

Makes sense to me and i agree with Cooper but not his delivery.
Besides the fact that he made a disgraceful (and utterly wrong) accusation of one our former players, does the amount of money someone makes somehow excuse them from mental health issues? How silly actually are people?

Besides the fact that he made a disgraceful (and utterly wrong) accusation of one our former players, does the amount of money someone makes somehow excuse them from mental health issues? How silly actually are people?

Not trying to wind you up as i can see you are passionate about Jack but how do you feel about his stunning reversal with his ability to get fit and get out there for Geelong.

Steven was hands down my favorite player after Lenny retiring for the record.

100% agree
Wish him all the best with everything , but hope his hammies play up for the next 2 years

Acres did his hammy at Freo training a few days ago and will miss the opening rounds, I wouldn't say I was hoping for it but I wasn't gutted either.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing Acres tearing it up for Freo this year so if he spends most of the year out injured like he used to do for us I won't be complaining, like if Steven got injured at Geelong, both Freo and Geelong screwed us over on those trades so f*** them, they deserve what they get.

Buyer beware.

Acres did his hammy at Freo training a few days ago and will miss the opening rounds, I wouldn't say I was hoping for it but I wasn't gutted either.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing Acres tearing it up for Freo this year so if he spends most of the year out injured like he used to do for us I won't be complaining, like if Steven got injured at Geelong, both Freo and Geelong screwed us over on those trades so f*** them, they deserve what they get.

Buyer beware.
Hey hey hey That's the Goat you're talking about LOL

Not in our colours anymore **** em

Not trying to wind you up as i can see you are passionate about Jack but how do you feel about his stunning reversal with his ability to get fit and get out there for Geelong.

No I am passionate about mental health. I know what happened with Stuv so when someone says he didn't give a s**t or he had issues with drugs and/or alcohol it's offensive to those that have dealt with depression or anxiety but irrespective of that it's a disgraceful accusation to make of someone who you don't know.

Stunning reversal by what measure? By going to training? I don't particularly care about what we gave up for him or what he is doing at Geelong now. I hope he wins a Brownlow there. Good on him. His health is far more important than getting upset or angry about it. He did enough and earnt enough credits at St.Kilda for St.Kilda supporters to have more respect for him and wish him the best. If people knew what he was going through I doubt they would have any issues with him leaving. It's amazing how ignorant people still are to these issues. Saying he is a millionaire so oh well he just needs to step it up and put on his big boy pants. How embarrassing it must be for those making those comments.

Th I the team is perfect for against the Pies.

It’s obvious we’ve downsized our backline to suit as Roberton and Wilkie both quick and versatile. With no real power forward Carlisle Or Brown not needed anyway.

Another thing that stands out is the number of good users on the team. I expect King and Roma to play deep with Membrey roaming up the ground and with the like of Billings, Hanners, Hill, Lonie, Butler and Sincs delivering it our forward should get the best look in they’ve had in years.

I think the pies will win based on having more experienced players and more time playing together but it will be close. Will give us a good idea where we’re at at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey hey hey That's the Goat you're talking about LOL

Not in our colours anymore **** em

Yeah I've moved on, Acres is dead to me.

This is the new Goat.

1571981494624_G1M2FJQOA.1-1.JPG

giphy.gif

No I'm not - its more about the anguish some are feeling about getting rid of Acres. Tomlinson (Acres) had 32 possessions - ergo he's a gun - why didn't we chase him (or let Acres go).

EDIT : Very very happy with our trade period and the efforts of Gallagher since his appointment.

we bought high and sold low in a sense and the offside has to actually improve to make it a win. That said it was getting boring every trade period just missing out. We still haven’t wrangled a Josh Kelly or Dusty yet either though. North Melbourne were similar last year bringing in three guys and didn’t make a huge splash. I have no problem saying Gags hasn’t proven himself yet.

Clearly you've got to learn about mental health brother.

And for the record, Jack started turning it around when he was at the Saints. He got back to training later in the year played his heart out and was feeling much better.

Obviously the weight took a while to fall off but it isn't as though he just went to Geelong and all of a sudden felt better. It's a journey, with plenty of ups and downs.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

No I am passionate about mental health. I know what happened with Stuv so when someone says he didn't give a s**t or he had issues with drugs and/or alcohol it's offensive to those that have dealt with depression or anxiety but irrespective of that it's a disgraceful accusation to make of someone who you don't know.

Stunning reversal by what measure? By going to training? I don't particularly care about what we gave up for him or what he is doing at Geelong now. I hope he wins a Brownlow there. Good on him. His health is far more important than getting upset or angry about it. He did enough and earnt enough credits at St.Kilda for St.Kilda supporters to have more respect for him and wish him the best. If people knew what he was going through I doubt they would have any issues with him leaving. It's amazing how ignorant people still are to these issues. Saying he is a millionaire so oh well he just needs to step it up and put on his big boy pants. How embarrassing it must be for those making those comments.
Thank you for saying this.

On SM-G930T using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feels like the stigma around mental health will never go away. Steven gave us a decade of quality service and we re-paid him by pretty much wasting his career. It’s going to sting seeing him in that putrid jumper but I hope he does well.

I made myself feel better about it by betting on jack to win the brownlow.
It will suck to see him tear it up, but just in case he go bananas this year and wins a charlie, at least I can wipe my tears away with piles of money...

(Gamble responsibly) :)

Clearly you've got to learn about mental health brother.

And for the record, Jack started turning it around when he was at the Saints. He got back to training later in the year played his heart out and was feeling much better.

Obviously the weight took a while to fall off but it isn't as though he just went to Geelong and all of a sudden felt better. It's a journey, with plenty of ups and downs.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perfectly stated.

I'll never say a bad word against Steven, he was part of my up and coming young Saints crew in 09/10 along with Armitage, Geary and Stanley

Steven went on to become our best player winning multipe B&Fs, Armitage also became one of our best midfielders before injuries cruelled him, Geary went on to become our captain and Stanley turned into a good ruck/forward before we stupidly traded him to Geelong before he reached his peak.

Unlike Stanley we traded Steven after his peak, I won't enjoy seeing him run around in Cats colours but his best is behind him, we got the best of him.

Hill on the other hand, his best is yet to come, he said that himself.

i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back