Preview Marsh Community Series - Game 2, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Morwell Recreation Reserve, Sunday 8th March, 3:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will repeat it .....Ratten has internally & consistently said he sees Josh Battle as a 150 game player,
also said consistently that team will be different to round 1 , having no injuries currently by years end.

Is a 150 game player good? The guy is young, if he's as talented as some people think - wouldn't 200 games be the minimum?
I realise it's semantics, but is the implication there that he isn't good enough to get games every week?

Did Battle play the second Hawks practice game? Very interesting that he didn't make the side this week. It will be fascinating to see what position he plays at Sandringham if he is playing there.
I see Battle as a future CHF, but who knows as he is still developing slowly. King may still need to get more games at Sandy under his belt, and Battle would probably take his place in that scenario.

Of course but if he's not getting games and/or being played out of position, he will be very vunerable to a big club coming in to offer him the world no matter how many warm and fuzzys the coach gives him.

Exactly like how howard was highly regarded by port but was vunerable to our advances because he was cheezed off about playing forward.
It cuts both ways.

Gun footy players can understandibly be very impatient about not waiting around until a spot opens up.
Their short career can be over in an instant- wasting 6-12 months of your potentially few prime years playing magoos or out of position when you have proven to be a gun in one spot would be a bitter pill to swallow
Yeah I think you’ll find that Port didn’t rate Howard highly enough to make him first choice key defender actually he was played forward to try and squeeze him into the team.

We also got the pick that we used on Ryan Byrnes as part of that deal.

Basically Bruce for Jones and Byrnes.

I'm fairly comfortable with that right now.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like your thinking, but we have to remember Byrnes hasn't played a game yet. At this stage he's a complete unknown.

Personally though I'm happy with Jones for Bruce straight swap. Jones is younger than Bruce too. I think Jones will end up a very very good player for us. He's the type of hard nosed player that ends up in a premiership side. Not necessarily a superstar but a player you can rely on each week, trains hard tackles hard works hard, teammates love them. Can play multiple roles too.

Yeah I think you’ll find that Port didn’t rate Howard highly enough to make him first choice key defender actually he was played forward to try and squeeze him into the team.

And that is different to us not rating battle down back ahead of jake or forward ahead of king.... and trying to squeeze him into the team as a winger how exactly?
:think:

fu** them. It’s like a drought ravaged farmer dancing when there is a bit of spittle falling from the sky compared to some fu**stick from Brighton who drains his swimming pool when he can’t be bothered skimming the leaves.
This made my year

On SM-T385 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that is different to us not rating battle down back ahead of jake or forward ahead of king.... and trying to squeeze him into the team as a winger how exactly?
:think:
It’s no different, the only exception is that Howard wasn’t really rated by port.
They put up no resistance to him being traded.

Pretty much convinced that this Long experiment won’t work but obviously willing to give it a go and hope like hell I’m wrong. We do need some pace in the backline I just think there are better options but obviously the coaches are seeing something they like.

Geary to De Goey. Get him back to shutting people down which is his strength.

We were trapped into a corner with stuv . What was club meant to do? Stick fat and not trade him and end up looking like the bad guy because we don’t care about the well-being of our players? As for Bruce, we essentially swapped him for Jones. So tell me what are you concerns?
We owed him nothing we made him a millionaire.

We owed him nothing we made him a millionaire.
100% agree
Wish him all the best with everything , but hope his hammies play up for the next 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back