Marsh Series Game 2 v Adelaide - March 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine, Fiorini, Flanders in if fit. If not keep it the same, the energy and pressure was superb tonight. Gotta back the same group to do it again

Dewy said in the post match presser that he's gonna play close to his strongest side for round 1, Rankine may not need to play. Witts won't play.

Dew also mentioned that probably 1-2 more players will be available. It could be Fiorini, Harbrow? I doubt Thompson is ready.

Serious question, who comes out of the midfield for Fiorini? Our mids at the moment seems very well balanced. Hard to put in a slow(sorry Brayds) albeit a good user on his left. Do we drop McLennan and somehow force Fiorini in there? Who else do we then drop to make room for round 1? I'm finding it tough.

Fiorini, Harbrow and Rankine all need to come in for round 1. We can afford to play Witts in the NEAFL to build him up some, so Smith can stay in. Even if we omit guys like Murdoch, McLennan and Sharp we will need to find another 4 more to omit to fit those in.

Hopefully more will become clear after the Adelaide game.

Serious question, who comes out of the midfield for Fiorini? Our mids at the moment seems very well balanced. Hard to put in a slow(sorry Brayds) albeit a good user on his left. Do we drop McLennan and somehow force Fiorini in there? Who else do we then drop to make room for round 1? I'm finding it tough.

Fiorini, Harbrow and Rankine all need to come in for round 1. We can afford to play Witts in the NEAFL to build him up some, so Smith can stay in. Even if we omit guys like Murdoch, McLennan and Sharp we will need to find another 4 more to omit to fit those in.

Hopefully more will become clear after the Adelaide game.
bowes on the half back line helps. i think he'll do well there, but i would rather he played midfield. judging on the output on the weekend, i suspect he might be there a while. i'd suggest perhaps sharp doesn't start the year and fiorini comes in, but i agree there's massive competition for midfield spots right now, especially inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If these blokes, and it's a BIG if, are coming off injuries and a dis-jointed preseason, then they need to prove themselves at sometime prior to Rd1. If they're not available for the next pre-season game, then they don't make it for Rd1. IMO.

However if, and it's a BIG if, they're being "managed", then they'll be included in the next game against Adelaide and the MC can make a decision from there.

Hi guys, congrats on the win. I feel your future is looking very bright and you have enormous talent.

Very surprised fiorini didn’t play? Is he injured? Surely he is best 22! Also Bowes should be permanent mid. Why is he playing in the backline?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i sat near the wags too, pretty good spot to watch the footy from, never sat there before. wish my normal seats were there haha.
Was thinking exactly the same. Thought we had to pay extra for reserved seating but were able to sit there for free with GA tickets. Naturally though, the play seemed to mostly be in the opposite pocket down near the river end where we normally stand.

Hi guys, congrats on the win. I feel your future is looking very bright and you have enormous talent.

Very surprised fiorini didn’t play? Is he injured? Surely he is best 22! Also Bowes should be permanent mid. Why is he playing in the backline?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dew want to give more minute to Brodie and Weller in the middle in pre season games, therefore Bowes and Florini either played out of position or not playing. Normally in Pre season games coach can try out different thing. If both Bowes and Florini played in the middle, Weller and Brodie will play other position.

Last edited:
bowes on the half back line helps. i think he'll do well there, but i would rather he played midfield. judging on the output on the weekend, i suspect he might be there a while. i'd suggest perhaps sharp doesn't start the year and fiorini comes in, but i agree there's massive competition for midfield spots right now, especially inside mids.
I think after pre season games, only 22 players can be selected compare to 26. Players that are more versatile will always prefer. Rowell, Weller, Miller and Brodie in the middle in pre season mean other played out of position. As long the team win I think Bowes playing HB is justified. Miller and Weller can move to HB, then peoples will still complain.

Last edited:
Adelaide looked pretty average against Melbourne I thought, they used to be a huge team of big bodies that were very skilled and always seemed to beat up on us, they are a very different side now plus B Crouch will be going easy on us to curry favour for his new career with us in 2021
I pick them and Essendon to be the big sliders this year

Fiorini player in the 2s against Brisbane.
I noticed C Ellis and Rosa playing as well
"With a few injury concerns to manage, the SUNS had 12 AFL-listed players available with draftees Mally Rosas, Patrick Murtagh and Jy Farrar debuting for the club.

Other listed players to feature in the hit-out were Brayden Fiorini, Corey Ellis, George Horlin-Smith, Josh Schoenfeld, Nick Holman, Jacob Heron, Jacob Dawson, Sam Fletcher and SUNS Academy graduate Matt Conroy."

Adelaide looked pretty average against Melbourne I thought, they used to be a huge team of big bodies that were very skilled and always seemed to beat up on us, they are a very different side now plus B Crouch will be going easy on us to curry favour for his new career with us in 2021
I pick them and Essendon to be the big sliders this year
Im interested in your opinion thurls64 to me the B crouch issue is a weird one now, while I wasn’t a fan of us chasing him on big coin last year if our current midfield of Brodie, Greenwood, Swallow, Anderson, Rowell, Fiorini and the likes of Ainsworth, Bowes etc rotating through perform then Crouch is really not required and the coin should go to ensuring we retain what we already have, your thoughts?

Im interested in your opinion thurls64 to me the B crouch issue is a weird one now, while I wasn’t a fan of us chasing him on big coin last year if our current midfield of Brodie, Greenwood, Swallow, Anderson, Rowell, Fiorini and the likes of Ainsworth, Bowes etc rotating through perform then Crouch is really not required and the coin should go to ensuring we retain what we already have, your thoughts?
We need to tell May all is forgiven and he can come home before chasing Crouch

I know you're not asking my opinion but I think the club made the decision last year that we were better off going with Matt Rowell for our future than an injury prone Brad Crouch because they knew the Crows were going to demand pick 1 and wouldn't budge after they saw the way we buckled with Fremantle for Weller. It would have been a panic decision and would have gone completely against what we're trying to build now. The club made the right decision IMO but if Crouch wants to join on considerably less money (they were talking about $1 million a season at one point!) then I'm sure we can fit him in and it'll be easier to attain him this year now that he's a free agent. Do we really need him now though? That's the real question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back