Minor things that annoy you about the game

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of genuine day games. Maybe 2 or 3 games each week are played with a red ball. And just 2 finals. I understand the whole 3pm start to lead into the news, but they could always have a round review for 30-40min post match. Also, I believe many Saturday afternoons will be without a FTA game broadcast. I mean, it was always delayed, I rarely watched it, and a VFL game will probably be on instead, but y'know, sort of the traditional time slot.

Sunday twilight games. **** that rubbish.
Brian Taylor, Basil Zempilas, David King and Luke Darcy - if anyone ever has trouble sleeping, just listen to those pigs commentate. They have about as much charisma as lawn clippings.
Players that duck their heads or drop their knees to win high free kicks; Toby McClean, Joel Selwood and any of his brothers, Rhys Mathieson, I hate it. Stop getting sucked in, stupid maggot umpires.
And yeah, umpires annoy me justttt a little bit as well. But not as much as Essendon, the ******* cheating pigs.

Brian Taylor, Basil Zempilas, David King and Luke Darcy - if anyone ever has trouble sleeping, just listen to those pigs commentate. They have about as much charisma as lawn clippings.
Players that duck their heads or drop their knees to win high free kicks; Toby McClean, Joel Selwood and any of his brothers, Rhys Mathieson, I hate it. Stop getting sucked in, stupid maggot umpires.
And yeah, umpires annoy me justttt a little bit as well. But not as much as Essendon, the ******* cheating pigs.
And to think it was only his first year. Hypocritical of me, but I hate when the opposition does it but when you've got blokes like Christensen and Mathieson using it to their and the teams advantage you kind of get used to it and celebrate when they pull it off.

And to think it was only his first year. Hypocritical of me, but I hate when the opposition does it but when you've got blokes like Christensen and Mathieson using it to their and the teams advantage you kind of get used to it and celebrate when they pull it off.
I actually do like Matho though, he could be a great player and I was disappointed that he didn't slip through another couple of picks to the Saints - but yeah, it really irritates me seeing players do that, besides the fact that it's not in the spirit of the game it's just asking for someone to take his head off. Can't believe I forgot to mention Lindsay Thomas though, he's the worst out of the lot

I actually do like Matho though, he could be a great player and I was disappointed that he didn't slip through another couple of picks to the Saints - but yeah, it really irritates me seeing players do that, besides the fact that it's not in the spirit of the game it's just asking for someone to take his head off. Can't believe I forgot to mention Lindsay Thomas though, he's the worst out of the lot

I thought the worst was Paul Puopolo.

Yep d King wow what an a grade flog.foxsports must have a massive mirror for that head. His freckled face gets loaded up with so much make up before he goeson. His like an ugly ex wife!!!
The Selwood incident was the most embarrassing moment for him.

His bashed a hot dog operator once wow what an effort. Also jumped up and down on a bonnet of a friend of mines car once when pissed what a hero.

Hopefully Cornes takes his job soon.

B Taylor (no friends everyone hates him)

Luke Smug Darcy say no more.

Thomas hasn't had one paid in two years though. The new wave like McLean, Mathieson and Sicily who you missed are just as bad and get an armchair ride by the umps.
If you read my previous messages I did mention Mathieson and McClean in particular, Sicily I haven't really noticed because I don't watch Hawthorn much. Whether Thomas is payed them or not is really irrelevant though, he still does it every opportunity he gets to try and suck the umpires in, good on them for not paying them. If only they were more consistent with not paying them to everyone else though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of genuine day games. Maybe 2 or 3 games each week are played with a red ball. And just 2 finals. I understand the whole 3pm start to lead into the news, but they could always have a round review for 30-40min post match. Also, I believe many Saturday afternoons will be without a FTA game broadcast. I mean, it was always delayed, I rarely watched it, and a VFL game will probably be on instead, but y'know, sort of the traditional time slot.

Id like to see 1hr highlights of a FOXTEL game on FTA at 5pm, after the FTA game finishes, as a lead in to the news.

Thursday night finals football... enough said.

It's a bloody work night for christ's sake! Poor doggies supporters having to fly over there on a Thursday against the flat trackers. This game will 95% wce supporters. This should've been a sunday afternoon game at 2:10pm, You're a joke AFL for wanting more money!

i wonder if they still go ahead with it if the AFL get 4 Melbourne finals... all at the MCG... Thu N, Fri N, Sat N, Sun

Put on the bulldogs gws prelim to pass some time and cordy was up in the face of Mumford

Commentators were talking about how it was good that the young fella was getting in his face and not being scared ... if it was the 80s it would never have happened because if you stepped up into someone's face you would have been chinned
You can't even bump or tackle someone too hard anymore

Don't congratulate blokes who know there won't be retribution for their actions

I don't like the lazy one handed ball ups that umpires sometimes do around contests during a game. I have no quibble about the ball up being preferred to the bounce, but often the umpires in their attempt to keep the game flowing don't put enough effort into it.

Instead of giving the ball flight upwards towards the sky and letting the ruckmen fight for a position under the ball before it lands, they just lob the ball in the direction of the ruckmen in a flat slightly upwards trajectory and the resulting ruck contest becomes more like spoiling attempt in a marking contest.

The AFL Cycle of Rules Change ....

1. Coaches spend weeks if not months trying to find ways to manipulate the rules

2. AFL media & Fans then spend months if not years whinging about the rules .

3. AFL changes rule or rules ...

4 ... Go back to point 1 ... the cycle continues.

Yeah not real keen on the Sunday twilight, Saturdays are fine.

Would a 10-11am Sunday morning game work?

Yeah not real keen on the Sunday twilight, Saturdays are fine.

Would a 10-11am Sunday morning game work?
Nah I don't rate that, if it were up to me if there are going to be 3 games on a Sunday, have one team get the shitty 1.10 spot, one game at 2.10 and the last game at 3.15 - the games would overlap but who cares, apart from the AFL of course but the Sunday twighlight is just rubbish, and the only teams that get them are the struggling Melbourne teams not drawing a crowd or the Perth teams because of time zones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back