List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of football Clark played for us
Omg something must be happening, Gaz must be coming back

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I doubt it but I think we have up to 10 spots to fill:

Outs: Enright (ret), Bartel (ret), Kersten (trd), Caddy (trd), Smedts (trd), Vardy (trd), Clark (del), Lucey (del), Cornell (del), Read (del), Delaney (del), Bates (del)

Ins: Tuohy, Black & O'Connor

I'm happy to apologise to Bobby when he apologises for all his abusive messages and personal attacks on anyone that disagrees with his opinion :thumbsu:
Even then I still wouldn't apologise to him. No one should have to apologise for having an opinion that turns out to be wrong.

Besides, if we started doing that, the posters that are always asking for apologies would be handing them out more than anyone else in any case.

Black is an upgrade on Kersten, Clark and Vardy as a forward. Better get used to seeing him in the 22.
IF FIT.

Interesting. Speaking to a few North mates, they say the reason he's been out of the side of late is because he's ineffective under Brad's bomb it on Petrie's head game plan. Sounds eerily like Kersten and our game plan under Chris.

So yeah, for now I am very sceptical about Black.

Not a lot of goalkickers left I'm afraid. Unbelievable when we're having a tilt. Perhaps they'll come up with a strategy with Hawk at CHF and have Menzel leading from FF. Or perhaps play Danger and Sel from the square with one in the middle with a combo of Cockatoo, Duncan, Menegola, Guthrie and S.Selwood. Hopefully not thinking of merging all delisted full forwards (Schulz Richards Petrie and Black) in the hope that one might succeed. All of our reserve KPFs are gone with Vardy Kersten and Clark, so a new strategy is obviously needed. Ask Stevie J to come back (lol)
If we put Taylor forward, then we had more pace with Clark. I'm a little at odds with where we're at.
Hopefully a KPF will be drafted and can come in pretty quickly.
Bad decision
Well, the Bulldogs just won a flag with bugger all KPFs of note.
Not saying we shouldn't have some...

The amount of football Clark played for us

I doubt it but I think we have up to 10 spots to fill:

Outs: Enright (ret), Bartel (ret), Kersten (trd), Caddy (trd), Smedts (trd), Vardy (trd), Clark (del), Lucey (del), Cornell (del), Read (del), Delaney (del), Bates (del)

Ins: Tuohy, Black & O'Connor
Gaz could literally fill two or three of those spots. Fyfe maybe three of them.

I feel like next year, we should field a team of 16 on the field at any one time, just to make it fair, what with Gaz, Danger and Fyfe and Selwood.

Gaz could literally fill two or three of those spots. Fyfe maybe three of them.

I feel like next year, we should field a team of 16 on the field at any one time, just to make it fair, what with Gaz, Danger and Fyfe and Selwood.
To quote myself, seriously, can you imagine a Centre square with Gaz, Selwood, Danger and Fyfe. All other midfields would curl up into a foetal position at their feet. Or teams would just set up with 18 men in our forward line at each bounce. :D

#dangertoselwoodtoabletttofyfe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even then I still wouldn't apologise to him. No one should have to apologise for having an opinion that turns out to be wrong.

Besides, if we started doing that, the posters that are always asking for apologies would be handing them out more than anyone else in any case.

Well there is the 'I was wrong' thread.

Well, the Bulldogs just won a flag with bugger all KPFs of note.
Not saying we shouldn't have some...

People like to pretend that there is some golden structure, play style, age profile and recruitment balance that you need to fill in order to win a premiership. The results this year threw away any possible thought of that.

Last edited:
Getting clark didnt work out with his injuries and other issues but it was still the right decision to recruit him as we needed a good kpf when we recruited him and we need one even more now. If anything it shows how reliable and how underrated Pods was and how hard he has been to replace for us, since he left the club has never been able to adequately replace him.

Last edited:
People like to pretend that there is some golden structure, play style, age profile and recruitment balance that you need to fill the win a premiership. The results this year threw away any possible thought of that.

Agree.
I still believe, and I didn't so much during finals, that the anomaly of 1 game in 27 days for teams that were in really good form, has been overlooked in many of our recent threads and posts.
We were flag favourites for good reasons, and I know the Doggies were on another stratum, but we were able to stop most teams this year, and everybody is more or less assuming we are now stuffed because of one dismal quarter of footy.
We have delisted and traded many players BUT still have the basis for a very competitive team in 17. Many players had their poorest seasons - Blic, Dunc, Motlop, poor by their standards, and others only came in late - Cowan, SS, Menegola, and we'd have to think that not a lot would need to go right for us to have a collectively better season.
Of course, we can not expect encore performances from Dangerwood.

Getting clark didnt work out with his injuries and other issues but it was still the right decision to recruit him as we needed a good kpf when we recruited him and we need one even more now. If anything it shows how reliable and how underrated Pods was and how hard he has been to replace for us, since he retires the club has never been able to adequately replace him.
Except Clark was never felt to be the "type" of player that Geelong FC recruits. Talent-wise, for sure he was a good choice , but we have set up this precedent of "Geelong type of players", rightly or wrongly. He was far removed from that.
And nothing changed to alter that perception.
Pods was a revelation.

Last edited:
Getting clark didnt work out with his injuries and other issues but it was still the right decision to recruit him as we needed a good kpf when we recruited him and we need one even more now. If anything it shows how reliable and how underrated Pods was and how hard he has been to replace for us, since he left the club has never been able to adequately replace him.

Too right. Like the H-Mac we were right as a club to make a gamble on players getting over their injuries and getting right for footy. Hindsight says different, but then again hindsight's always crystal clear isn't it?We've gambled again on Aaron Black. Will it pay off?

I bloody hope it pays off. Hope is the only thing us good ordinary punters can do in situations like this.

Too right. Like the H-Mac we were right to make a gamble on players getting over their injuries and getting right for footy. We've gambled again on Aaron Black. Will it pay off?

I bloody hope it pays off. Hope is the only thing us good ordinary punters can do in situations like this.

At least black cost us less than some of these other gambles have,pick 92 is not much to lose if it doesn't work out. Hopefully we can rookie house this year also and hope he develops well.

Agree.
I still believe, and I didn't so much during finals, that the anomaly of 1 game in 27 days for teams that were in really good form, has been overlooked in many of our recent threads and posts.
We were flag favourites for good reasons, and I know the Doggies were on another stratum, but we were able to stop most teams this year, and everybody is more or less assuming we are now stuffed because of one dismal quarter of footy.
We have delisted and traded many players BUT still have the basis for a very competitive team in 17. Many players had their poorest seasons - Blic, Dunc, Motlop, poor by their standards, and others only came in late - Cowan, SS, Menegola, and we'd have to think that not a lot would need to go right for us to have a collectively better season.
Of course, we can not expect encore performances from Dangerwood.

I'm optimistic about next year (I've also been optimistic about next year every year since the end of 07).

You're absolutely correct about the bold. Based from the Rhetoric the last month of so you would have been contemporaries of Port and Collingwood.

We still have a large core group in the prime of their careers. And while we lost some huge names in the offseason, I think one way or another we can cover everyone we lost. We a decent number of younger players who will flourish when given more responsibility. And a lot of guys who will have a better preparation in the next year.

We won't need a repeat performance from Dangerfield and Selwood. I'm hoping one of the lessons learnt is even out the demands of our players.

I'm optimistic about next year (I've also been optimistic about next year every year since the end of 07).

You're absolutely correct about the bold. Based from the Rhetoric the last month of so you would have been contemporaries of Port and Collingwood.

We still have a large core group in the prime of their careers. And while we lost some huge names in the offseason, I think one way or another we can cover everyone we lost. We a decent number of younger players who will flourish when given more responsibility. And a lot of guys who will have a better preparation in the next year.

We won't need a repeat performance from Dangerfield and Selwood. I'm hoping one of the lessons learnt is even out the demands of our players.

The reality is while enright is irreplaceable the 22 from the prelim is not weakened a lot: enright bartel and caddy will go out and tuohy thurlow and menzel will come in. The top 22 is still very strong and we have some decent depth (we need to add to the depth over the draft period though) and we beat the premiers twice and their 22 is not unbeatable. My bigger concern is with the gameplan and game day moves of our coaches and the mental frailty of our players in terms of not performing well in finals in recent years.

Good we traded Varcoe for him who is playing very good footy now... whilst we could've pushed harder and given a R3 pick for Clark at the time.

Another recruitment blunder by the GFC.

Yep, I have lost faith in our recruitment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back