List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say that Hawkins interview sheds some light on it. One of Henderson or Taylor could be moved forward.
That doesn't fill me with warmth and confidence I'm afraid

I don't have a strong opinion either way on this decision, but the lack of transparency from the club regarding Clark, and probably a number of other matters as well, this year was not acceptable. It makes me feel alienated from the club.
This. The current admin at the club are pathetic at communicating with the fans.

It's a weird one in that we literally have no other options .. but we also got bugger all out of him in 2 years.

Had we been overloaded with tall options no worries Delist absolutely... but we aren't..

I still would have seen the benefit in making him a rookie.

Maybe the club just cut it's losses, maybe there is more to it all than meets the eye?

The very fact we have absolutely no other options clearly demonstrates there must be a fair bit more to this than has ever been reported.

I think the club probably ended up seeing the odds of another abortive season much like this one being at least 80-90% and therefore truly did decide the only prudent course was to cut their losses.

Tells you everything you need to know about his perceived prospects of playing regular footy that a club in our desperate circumstances for KPF stocks is prepared to jettison a listed player of Clark's potential calibre.

Can't see him playing top level footy ever again.

Hope his life comes together and he finds fulfilment and joy in whatever path he chooses from here.

Guess the forward line makeup will now be
Motlop black cockatoo
Menzel hawkins mccarthy
Not much to go to after that though
Stanley lang gregson and the mids.
Very shallow. Decision wrong but we accept it and move on.
Very lean goalkicking group sadly.
Hope taylor plays there and kicks a bundle
No I refuse too accept that black is already in our starting 22 let alone starting 18. The whole coaching and recruiting staff has to be immediately sacked if that was actually the case.

The very fact we have absolutely no other options clearly demonstrates there must be a fair bit more to this than has ever been reported.

I think the club probably ended up seeing the odds of another abortive season much like this one being at least 80-90% and therefore truly did decide the only prudent course was to cut their losses.

Tells you everything you need to know about his perceived prospects of playing regular footy that a club in our desperate circumstances for KPF stocks is prepared to jettison a listed player of Clark's potential calibre.

Can't see him playing top level footy ever again.

Hope his life comes together and he finds fulfilment and joy in whatever path he chooses from here.
It's the only prudent course if it's 99.9 percent likely given how many list spots we have to fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly ( or not ! ) had a beer with a former Junior Coach of some standing - he never had "issues" with any Junior players except Clark and Harry O - something about leopards and spots springs to mind :rolleyes:

He's played 1,8,0 and 4 senior games in the last 4 years. I'm not sure what's not to understand? The club had clearly lost complete confidence in his ability to play a meaningful part in our side. Thankfully his list spot may be taken by someone who can hopefully contribute a lot more to the team than he did.
Not a lot of goalkickers left I'm afraid. Unbelievable when we're having a tilt. Perhaps they'll come up with a strategy with Hawk at CHF and have Menzel leading from FF. Or perhaps play Danger and Sel from the square with one in the middle with a combo of Cockatoo, Duncan, Menegola, Guthrie and S.Selwood. Hopefully not thinking of merging all delisted full forwards (Schulz Richards Petrie and Black) in the hope that one might succeed. All of our reserve KPFs are gone with Vardy Kersten and Clark, so a new strategy is obviously needed. Ask Stevie J to come back (lol)
If we put Taylor forward, then we had more pace with Clark. I'm a little at odds with where we're at.
Hopefully a KPF will be drafted and can come in pretty quickly.
Bad decision

Bobby was 100 percent right on clark unfortunately. Is owed a few apologies on this issue.
I'm happy to apologise to Bobby when he apologises for all his abusive messages and personal attacks on anyone that disagrees with his opinion :thumbsu:

Good decision. Clark can't complain. He got paid for 2 years. Ended up going on holidays and having time off for most of last season.
Can't believe he didn't even want to play VFL finals. Would of been the decent thing to do after 2 years on the list.
I know he had premature twins but really. My daughter was born 8 weeks prem and I still had to go work full time. Her and her mum were at the hospital every night.
Still anyway good luck to him and his family from here on.

No I refuse too accept that black is already in our starting 22 let alone starting 18. The whole coaching and recruiting staff has to be immediately sacked if that was actually the case.
Black is an upgrade on Kersten, Clark and Vardy as a forward. Better get used to seeing him in the 22.
IF FIT.

In the end I think the professional team environment is not really a perfect residence for normal people with normal issues. I highly doubt Id be strong enough mentally for all its challenges. Good luck to Mitch for him and his family but I feel the right call has been made. The question about who the club has in mind for 2017... especially if they think they will be a flag contender is another matter. I suspect, the best they can do is have a few options by the end of trade and draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back