Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Good
- Walker tried his absolute hardest
- Jacobs was pretty good in his 100th
- Crouch is a superstar

Bad
- Thompson. Don't care if you accumulate, you were too slow
- Dangerfield, Sloane, and Smith weren't at their best and didn't have good disposal efficiency.
- Talia getting concussed, completely exposing our defence.
- LT and Otten simply aren't good enough as one-on-one defenders and bring little in the attacking department.
- Pods was largely useless at both ends
- Lots of mid-tier players not doing anything, eg. Laird, Jaensch, Mackay, Douglas, Henderson, Wright
- Composure under pressure
- Bad turnovers when the game was up for grabs
- Not reacting fast enough to Hurn cutting us up off half-back
- Lots of butchering the ball by foot
- Grigg was the sub.
- Needing results to go our way to stay in the 8. Not that we're actually good enough.
- Extremely predictable defensive exits that kept the ball in West Coast's forward half, towards the start of the game

Ugly
-
Defence. Conceded 136 points.
- Our midfield getting towelled by the worst midfield in the competition
- More shocking umpiring
- Switched off after kicking four straight at the start
- No fight from the team when we needed to consolidate a spot in the eight
- Not playing like a team and not helping each other out.
- Thinking we might have a chance after beating Collingwood
- No reaction in the coaches box to West Coast's clear moves
- Tackling around the waist is useless. We have sucked at this for too long. Learn to grab the ARMS!

Last edited:
The bad has to be Talia going down hurt, but it must be said that our defence struggled before that. Pretty average day, but we'll rebound.

The ugly award goes to our board. Some of the vile comments are just embarrassing. We have one of the biggest group of sooks, I swear.

Bad

this obsession to get the ball in either Smith, DMac or Hendo's hands even if they have a man right in their hip pocket

The bad has to be Talia going down hurt, but it must be said that our defence struggled before that. Pretty average day, but we'll rebound.

The ugly award goes to our board. Some of the vile comments are just embarrassing. We have one of the biggest group of sooks, I swear.

You mean the snide comments about Mackay getting 4 years. Yeah, I agree mate.

Should it have been more positive? It's a game day thread for discussing the game. Would have been pretty short if only nice things were mentioned.
I think there's a difference between "we're playing s**t" and "this player should retire". Especially when the sorts of players mentioned have been our best all year.

I think there's a difference between "we're playing s**t" and "this player should retire". Especially when the sorts of players mentioned have been our best all year.

Might have seen something like that regarding thommo. But not any other player who could be described as 'best all year'. You're not putting pods in that category are you?

I thought Jaensch was in our bests again. One of the few who had any poise going forward.
Goddammit I love Crouch so f*cking much. What a gun already.

But same old story. Our best players were fine without starring, while the middle/bottom members of our squad did nothing. Laird, Martin, L. Thompson, Hendo, Wright, Grigg, Mookay, Otten were all just not good enough. I am beginning to seriously lose patience with Brodie Martin. No poise, and no ability to dispose of the ball consistently.

Good:
Crouch - Superstar
Tex - 4 goals.
Goal kicking - Bar Martin who is the second coming of petrenko and Henderson, we nailed most shots. Accuracy like that will see us win most games.
Laird shut down Hurn.
Jacobs did well.
Pods coming back and playing through what at worse could be a broken nose/rib.
When we got it on the outside we looked dangerous, periods we were cutting them up.

Bad:
Forward entries... they were bad, insipid, predictable and just bombing. Yet, we managed to kick 100+, imagine if we had a system that was more efficient.
Mackay: He was poor
L.Thompson: tried hard but completely out of his depth...
Smith/Sloane/Dangerfield: Not their best game at all.
Jenkins: Gets on the scoreboard, liked he showed a touch of mongrel but he needs to learn to lead. This could be a coaches problem though where he's trying to be Tippett way to much.
Pressure: Did not handle it.
S. Thompson: Shouldn't of been playing this week. Crap selection.
Pods: Brave with injury but like Lynch last week, he had a moment in the last quarter where he screwed up massively and they scored. Should be dropped.
Sando: Made some good moves, but was too reactive.
Grigg being Sub: Kid has a elite leg, we need him delivering it for the entire game.

Ugly:
Talia's injury. Kid is our most important player (maybe Jacobs is more important) and without him there is no leadership in that back half.
Defensive fragility. Can we play 3 rebounding defenders? Our KPF depth after Talia next season... we have some issues down there for sure.
Complacency. This was always a danger game, we don't take heavy favoritism well.
We really need a big trading/draft season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back