Music you are listening to at the moment thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose most of you would have come across videos like "best of................. in the world" e.g. best rock drummer, 10 ten soul songs, etc. and 99% of the time they come from the northern hemisphere.

And when it comes to guitarists, of course everyone has their own opinions and genre that they prefer.

Let me tell you about one of the best guitarists that ever played that instrument and he came from dear little old Adelaide, South Australia.

His name was Kevin Peek and I'd say the majority of you would say WHO?

He was in a group called Sky, but because their music was not everyones cup of tea, he wouldn't be on any best of, or greatest of lists. But that was just one of the styles he played. He played blues, heavy rock, classical, jazz, Spanish, you name it, he played it.

He could make the guitar talk and like the best of 'em, the instrument became an extension of him. He was ahead of his time.

Do yourself a favour and look him up and give him a listen. This guy would be in most people's top four or five if he'd been famous, and I'd hazard a guess there would be hundreds around the world like that, that due to not being in a popular band or being a popular artist, they go unheralded.

Here's one of his tracks:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back