Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see Melbourne are now sponsored by Infiniti? I thought they have a close relationship with Renault? Bit of a slap in the face if so.

I thought they were an offshoot of Nissan (like Lexus/Toyota, Genesis/Hyundai), but there is an alliance between Nissan and Renault (and Mitsubishi).

Anyone see Melbourne are now sponsored by Infiniti? I thought they have a close relationship with Renault? Bit of a slap in the face if so.

They have an "alliance" with Renault and Mitsubishi via parent company Nissan, and some previous involvement with Renault via the Red Bull F1 team

EDIT: I should really hit the reply button instead of walking away

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's bedwetting to be frustrated that we're 5 days out from round 1 without a co-major sponsor after we found out Renault was going immediately at the conclusion of last season. In early September.

6+ months ago.

Yeah it's a little of a worry but not in proportion to the majority of the posts on here

I don't think it's bedwetting to be frustrated that we're 5 days out from round 1 without a co-major sponsor after we found out Renault was going immediately at the conclusion of last season. In early September.

6+ months ago.

We could easily get a replacement for Renault at the level of money Renault was paying.

We could have easily got a replacement for more money if the AFL had given us a commercially viable deal instead of the handful of nationally televised FTA games we received while shitheel clubs that didn't make finals get 10 games.

The fact that we want to get more money while having a s**t commercial deal means it was always going to take more time to negotiate.

Not worried in the slightest. It'll get done when it gets done.

I wasn't worried in January or February because we still had plenty of opportunities to announce a sponsor and I was confident that Koch and KT could get a deal done.

It's now 5 days out from round 1. It's not a great look. It's the kind of thing that happens to St Kilda or the Bulldogs, not to the big clubs of the league.

I wasn't worried in January or February because we still had plenty of opportunities to announce a sponsor and I was confident that Koch and KT could get a deal done.

It's now 5 days out from round 1. It's not a great look. It's the kind of thing that happens to St Kilda or the Bulldogs, not to the big clubs of the league.
If we don't get anyone, tell Mr Gui we will put S. Kidman & Co on the back of the jumper. Gina might decide to chip in for it. ;)

If we kick off R1 without the joint major, it'll atleast partially justify the bedwetters. We've only got a few days to make it happen now. The rumblings have been so preciously few and far between. If we drop something between now and R1, we've done an excessively good job at hiding it all.

Given Tredrea said we have something cooking, i'm inclined to believe it but it doesn't mean it will be in place by R1.

This. Better right (i.e. dollar-wise) than fast.

Nah frustration and maybe insecurity that it hasn't happened yet it's no different to people windmilling their utensils in here cos they're 'in the know' ....

Lol brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back