Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Changing my vote to Bevo at this point.
Nah he still can live off that flag for another year especially since he’s still contracted

Hinkley (contracted) and Cameron out of contract dew also

All 3 and even Noble would be ahead of bevo to get sacked atm

Last edited:

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Changing my vote to Bevo at this point.
He won't be the first to go but he's never been a good coach. Has had some good results in the past when some extreme luck has fallen his way (the unprecedented umpiring run in the 2016 finals, falling ass-backwards into one of the best midfields the AFL has ever seen in 2021 due to Adrian Dodoro and Ned Guy's idiocy) but some of his selection decisions over the journey have been totally baffling.

Chaisa

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Flags give coaches a lot of currency. Doubly so if it’s a long drought breaker. I can’t see Beveridge being moved on any time soon.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bevo won’t be moved on, but his (and the club’s) stubbornness in refusing to adequately address issues with the list and compounding it by baffling team selections are resulting in poor performances and losses. He’s also not far from a decade in charge and not much good happens from that point onwards.

What may change things is if the next two games - North and Adelaide - end up in losses. The knives will be out then.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Leon Cameron lol. What a clueless clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chaisa

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
In Leon's favour is 1. Greene's still to come back and 2. their draw hasn't been easy.

But yeah, I think he's gone by the Bye if he keeps this up. Hinkley won't be far behind.

Dew probably survives until the end of the season but I don't think they'll do enough to keep his job. Simmo still has credits from 2018 + had the off-season from hell so I think that should buy him some time.

Longmuir could be an interesting one if they don't build on their form from the last two weeks, though I don't see Freo moving him on that soon.

Everyone else is probably safe.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
In Leon's favour is 1. Greene's still to come back and 2. their draw hasn't been easy.

But yeah, I think he's gone by the Bye if he keeps this up. Hinkley won't be far behind.

Dew probably survives until the end of the season but I don't think they'll do enough to keep his job. Simmo still has credits from 2018 + had the off-season from hell so I think that should buy him some time.

Longmuir could be an interesting one if they don't build on their form from the last two weeks, though I don't see Freo moving him on that soon.

Everyone else is probably safe.
Longmuir is contracted until 2024. As underwhelming as he's been at the helm, he's safe.

1. Cameron
2. Dew
3. Hinkley

Is the top 3. The only think that'll save Hinkley in the meantime is that he is contracted for another season.

Last edited:

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Leon Cameron has been an abject failure. With their list, they should’ve played in prelims for most of the past 7-8 years.
Not only have they underperformed, he’s taken a generation of some of the most skilled footballers in the country, and drilled them to play a dour, boring brand of football at the same time.
Time to go.

Sun Ra

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kane Cornes just said on SEN "this is shaping up as a "coach killer" game. With friends like that ?

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Longmuir is contracted until 2024. As underwhelming as he's been at the helm, he's safe.

1. Cameron
2. Dew
3. Hinkley

Is the top 3. The only think that'll save Hinkley in the meantime is that he is contracted for another season.
Thought Cameron was given a contract extension last season too for some unknown reason.

Perhaps GWS & Port swap their 2 contracted coaches lol.