Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Kelly only had his first jab on Wednesday.
He's been a great pickup for the Toast!

Tim Kelly only had his first jab on Wednesday.
He's been a great pickup for the Toast!
At least he did it eventually. I get the impression that his wife was the roadblock with him getting it done.

You would have to assume they worked pretty hard on Kelly, including threatening his pay packet.

If the same approach didn't work on Darling then he must be really really committed to not getting vaxxed. Could see him sitting out the year. Turns 30 in June too

I’m owed thousands of dollars in bets. Never without a doubt, Jack Darling.

Big day for the poor old media manager up the road...

FJmCSwXaQAwAlL1
FJmCSwWaAAEIw_x

You would have to assume they worked pretty hard on Kelly, including threatening his pay packet.

If the same approach didn't work on Darling then he must be really really committed to not getting vaxxed. Could see him sitting out the year. Turns 30 in June too
Would be interesting to know if the club can do anything about existing contracts. They would contain no requirement to comply with vaccine requests. And by the time the contract period nears it's end Covid/vaccine-wise things could be quite different.

Far out that's an awful take from Prior. If a Freo official came out with a view like that I'd be writing to the club.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the context was 'We've [talked about] the pride thing to death, I want to talk about footy'.

Not 'I'm sick of pride awareness stuff, its been done to death'

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the context was 'We've [talked about] the pride thing to death, I want to talk about footy'.

Rather than 'I'm sick of pride awareness stuff, its been done to death'

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Even it is was, terrible way to approach it. Prior has been around long enough to know how the media will twist things.

Would have been better off knocking it on the head, then moving on.

"We're disappointed we weren't able to get our Pride jumpers ready for his season, however we are looking forward to unveiling our design for next year. We will be showing support in the best way we can, going out to win and make our fans proud"

Or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not 'I'm sick of pride awareness stuff, its been done to death'
from the article I read that seemed to be the context he said it in. even then still not exactly inspiring stuff

AFL players don't take sick leave for injuries. He trained fully and completely uninjured on Wednesday. He clearly has a note from a doctor with some bullshit reason why he can't get vaxxed, and is trying to get an exemption

From Tim Kelly's partner on Darlings inta post (before he disabled comments) received_468297824742829.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back