Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What overkill

No one has encouraged me to wear a mask on the packed train I take to work Monday to Friday. I really don’t see the difference.

It’s not just overkill, it’s hypercritical at best.

Tampering is a worse offence. Despite your slant on the events, at least there's a case that could be made for plausible deniability with the Effendum case.

A pot head doing something silly is worse than systematic PED taking over several years, systematic deception, falsifying records, destroying records and then pleading innocent?

Essendon involved dozens of people, hundreds if not thousands of injections, millions of dollars and was systematic, well planned and implemented cheating.

Versus a single pot head on his own being stupid who ASADA confirmed was not seeking to enhance his performance.

That isnt 'my slant' on things they are proven facts.

No one has encouraged me to wear a mask on the packed train I take to work Monday to Friday. I really don’t see the difference.

It’s not just overkill, it’s hypercritical at best.

Interestingly NSW still has mask mandates for their public transport from their outbreak last December.

Below are my top tips for the 2021 Premiership, and I am highlighting that each of them have traded in a player that is critical to their having that status. Removing the player from the list significantly weakens their credentials;

Geelong; Jermey Cameron
Richmond; Tom Lynch
Port Adelaide; Charlie Dixon
Brisbane; Joe Daniher

Trading in a top line key forward is core to how clubs approach finals success.

Worth also noting that other leading contenders in Bulldogs and Eagles have had success which has also been dependent on trading in a KPF.

There is no coincidence here. It is a clear strategy. It is no wonder we erred in trading for Hogan et al.

Below are my top tips for the 2021 Premiership, and I am highlighting that each of them have traded in a player that is critical to their having that status. Removing the player from the list significantly weakens their credentials;

Geelong; Jermey Cameron
Richmond; Tom Lynch
Port Adelaide; Charlie Dixon
Brisbane; Joe Daniher

Trading in a top line key forward is core to how clubs approach finals success.

Worth also noting that other leading contenders in Bulldogs and Eagles have had success which has also been dependent on trading in a KPF.

There is no coincidence here. It is a clear strategy. It is no wonder we erred in trading for Hogan et al.

It's worth mentioning that all of those clubs were already playing finals when they traded for those players and Geelong and Rich were going very deep into finals (Tigers premiers). We on the other hand aren't, so the draft maybe a better option, especially as we've proved time and time again over the last 10 years that we aren't a destination club.

Crowley's case was not just "a pain killer" He was recreationally smashing "pain relief" and his age should not have any bearing on anything

He took a Tramal for severe back pain and nothing more. It was prescribed to him by his doctor and was unaware that it contained oxycodone which was on ASADA’s banned list at the time. It wasn’t like he took Ketamine like Daniel Kerr did.

Don't feel the wc trolls who belong on their own board
He took a Tramal for severe back pain and nothing more. It was prescribed to him by his doctor and was unaware that it contained oxycodone which was on ASADA’s banned list at the time. It wasn’t like he took Ketamine like Daniel Kerr did.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth mentioning that all of those clubs were already playing finals when they traded for those players and Geelong and Rich were going very deep into finals (Tigers premiers). We on the other hand aren't, so the draft maybe a better option, especially as we've proved time and time again over the last 10 years that we aren't a destination club.
Yes all true, but I don’t think there is value in being limited by what has happened in the past rather than learning from it. That’s a lot easier than trying to create an entirely new blueprint.

Yes all true, but I don’t think there is value in being limited by what has happened in the past rather than learning from it. That’s a lot easier than trying to create an entirely new blueprint.
I think most of us are all for grabbing top tier KPF as a FA or for later first round picks once we are already good.

I am advocating against trading high picks for them (especially when they come with bulk question marks) when we should be drafting our own at or near the start of a rebuild.

Interestingly NSW still has mask mandates for their public transport from their outbreak last December.

Wouldn’t mind that too much tbh. At least it makes sense.

Encouraging the wearing of masks to and from the footy but not doing so for people travelling to and from work on public transport doesn’t make sense to me.

Or stole the doctors prescription pad to write his own Ketamine scripts.

I think most of us are all for grabbing top tier KPF as a FA or for later first round picks once we are already good.

I am advocating against trading high picks for them (especially when they come with bulk question marks) when we should be drafting our own at or near the start of a rebuild.
The club has clearly preferred to rebuild by drafting defenders and midfielders at or near the start of a rebuild.

It may be a fluke of the draft, but at some point it is also a question mark over talent identification, with players such as Aaron Naughton and Oscar Allen available. I wonder how progressed the Hogan plans may have been?

Anyway, some decent progress with Treacy and Sturt would make for a huge step forward.

Wouldn’t mind that too much tbh. At least it makes sense.

Encouraging the wearing of masks to and from the footy but not doing so for people travelling to and from work on public transport doesn’t make sense to me.
Sewerage testing provides a pretty clear indication of the virus in any community.

Sewerage testing provides a pretty clear indication of the virus in any community.

Not questioning that. Just questioning the logic between singling out traveling to and from footy games when there’s other activities that people would actually do more frequently and would have similar risk that they aren’t singling out at all.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to require people to wear masks on all public transport? Just when using it to get to the footy when peak hour would pose similar risk seems bizarre to me tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back