Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting how Melbourne ranked 3rd best but Fremantle which had the best ranked draw is now not having those double ups and playing on the other side of the country, but Melbourne suffer.

Right.
Isn’t the narrative without the double up games v the bottom 6 sides the Dees might find it harder to bounce back. That 2019 was an aberration and with a heap of soft double ups will see them rise up the ladder.

Freo have been bottom 6 for the last 4 years.

Isn’t the narrative without the double up games v the bottom 6 sides the Dees might find it harder to bounce back. That 2019 was an aberration and with a heap of soft double ups will see them rise up the ladder.

It helped Brisbane get top four

It’s the narrative of some in the media. Most people know that if you are any good you push for finals. Brisbane may have had an easier draw but they also played bloody well and had no injuries. I can’t stand it when people soon over a tough draw or that other teams got an easier draw.

It’s the narrative of some in the media. Most people know that if you are any good you push for finals. Brisbane may have had an easier draw but they also played bloody well and had no injuries. I can’t stand it when people soon over a tough draw or that other teams got an easier draw.

You may not like it, but it's an absolute reality of an uneven fixture.

I get that but if you’re any good you don’t finish bottom four. Last year we were putrid but I think we’re closer to a top 8 side than bottom 4 if we get a decent injury run.
I agree with everything you said. However, I think there are a lot of mental demons (ha,ha) within the club.

It is definitely harder without the double ups for the bottom six this year. So if you make the eight it will be a good effort. I think the team is fragile, hope for your sake I am wrong. But we will enjoy your #1 pick thanks.

Lol this

plus as a bonus I’m still confident we will find a better player than Pickett in this draft with their first pick
Simultaneously I'm confident that you won't, couldn't be much happier with Pickett. Hopefully Rivers comes on (which doesn't make much difference to North) but I don't think we can really lose this trade from here which is good for both clubs.

Lol this

plus as a bonus I’m still confident we will find a better player than Pickett in this draft with their first pick

With all due respect, most of Norrh's first round/top ten picks over the past decade have hardly set the world on fire (Tarryn Thomas was an academy selection, so he doesn't count)

Whether that is doing to poor player development by the previous coach (Brad Scott) or some rotten luck with injuries (IE Taylor Garner) or bad recruiting, I do not know..

Anyhow, the Dees pick does also give you the opportunity to trade for an out of contract gun player/star, if North chose to go down that route again or try pry Papley away from the Swans..

Anyhow, nothing is set in stone with these future picks trades, that future pick swap Carlton did with Adelaide last year (the Stocker deal) probably ended up benefiting Carlton in the end, when the consensus at the time was Adelaide made out like bandits.

With all due respect, most of Norrh's first round/top ten picks over the past decade have hardly set the world on fire (Tarryn Thomas was an academy selection, so he doesn't count)

Whether that is doing to poor player development by the previous coach (Brad Scott) or some rotten luck with injuries (IE Taylor Garner) or bad recruiting, I do not know..

Anyhow, the Dees pick does also give you the opportunity to trade for an out of contract gun player/star, if North chose to go down that route again or try pry Papley away from the Swans..

Anyhow, nothing is set in stone with these future picks trades, that future pick swap Carlton did with Adelaide last year (the Stocker deal) probably ended up benefiting Carlton in the end, when the consensus at the time was Adelaide made out like bandits.

Our top 10 picks of the last 10 years that weren’t academy or F&S.

2017 - LDU.
2009 - Ben Cunnington.

LDU too early to call. Cunners - big tick.

Unlike some teams - like the Dees with 9 - we haven’t had many top 10 picks.

So Kozzie debut in R1 and Rivers debut in R2 - both drafted using the pick received from North - gee thanks guys!

Meanwhile over at North ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kozzie debut in R1 and Rivers debut in R2 - both drafted using the pick received from North - gee thanks guys!

Meanwhile over at North ...

What you did with our pick with Fremantle isn't really relevant. Caleb Serong actually went at our pick.

IF you want to play that game - meanwhile at North.......... we turned your picks into Flynn Perez, Aiden Bonar, Essendon's 2020 second round pick & Melbourne's 2020 1st Round Pick.

I still think we are well ahead just quietly.....

What you did with our pick with Fremantle isn't really relevant. Caleb Serong actually went at our pick.

IF you want to play that game - meanwhile at North.......... we turned your picks into Flynn Perez, Aiden Bonar, Essendon's 2020 second round pick & Melbourne's 2020 1st Round Pick.

I still think we are well ahead just quietly.....
So 4 pieces that have yet to debut for North are ahead of 2 debutants over the first 2 rounds?

You think they’d at least wait until after you beat the blues to comment in this thread.

Look, there have been peanuts from both supporters on this thread. Seems a bit odd to singlet The Dees fans over this, many North fans were predicting the Dees pick in 2020 would end up being pick 1.

Not taking sides in this shitfight, just trying to bring a bit of balance and perspective to the debate.

Look, there have been peanuts from both supporters on this thread. Seems a bit odd to singlet The Dees fans over this, many North fans were predicting the Dees pick in 2020 would end up being pick 1.

Not taking sides in this shitfight, just trying to bring a bit of balance and perspective to the debate.

An absolute s**t show, give the kids a few years in the system before you can truly start to gauge how the trade is looking.

Two ways to look at it... Jackson/Pickett/Rivers/Bennell tearing the house down or at the moment it's not too hard to break into the Dees team and three rookies and a well known crock are waltzing past some duds on no more exposed form than some training sessions.

No one in their right mind would agree with that.

It's of course relative to value. You have simply just stated '4 peices yet to debut vs 2 debutant over the first 2 rounds'

So if we held 4 of GC's next first round picks, it's automatically trumped by 2 rookies who make their debut in rnd 1?

Good to know.

It's of course relative to value. You have simply just stated '4 peices yet to debut vs 2 debutant over the first 2 rounds'

So if we held 4 of GC's next first round picks, it's automatically trumped by 2 rookies who make their debut in rnd 1?

Good to know.
Ugh the 4 pieces you have aren’t first round picks vs rookie selections here.

2 players playing beats 4 players that aren’t. Why isn’t Boner playing? Why isn’t Perez playing? They aren’t ahead of Kozi and Rivers.

Melbourne did the trade to target specific players in the draft. They are already playing. 2 in the team is ahead of zero in the team.

Ugh the 4 pieces you have aren’t first round picks vs rookie selections here.

2 players playing beats 4 players that aren’t. Why isn’t Boner playing? Why isn’t Perez playing? They aren’t ahead of Kozi and Rivers.

Melbourne did the trade to target specific players in the draft. They are already playing. 2 in the team is ahead of zero in the team.

Perez is coming off an ACL in 2019.

Bonar was touch and go for Rnd 1, was the first emergency.

One of the two pieces ARE a first round pick and likely to be a decent second round pick as well. Fairly relevant to the discussion I would of thought.

I'm going to hold off on declaring Melbourne the winners after just a single game has been played since the deal and the draft have been completed...

Back