• Kangaroo Island

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Leeuwin estate art series.

I tend to only enjoy aged chardonnays.

Hands down, the best chardonnay I've ever had was a Leeuwin Estate Art Series. It was aged and so good. Buttery and golden, almost heading towards sticky territory.

Leeuwin Estate is a cracker winery to visit too, if you're ever over that way.

I had a couple of really good wines over Christmas.

Jeanneret Rank & File Shiraz, Clare Valley.
Very, very drinkable. (also tried their Riesling which was good too.)

Hither & Yon Grenache, McLaren Vale.
Light and savoury. Lucky enough to have half a case to myself so I'll drink some and hold on to some.

If you like interesting varieties and blends, check out Gestalt Wines in the Adelaide Hills.
They do a Mataro Grenache that is excellent and a Pinot that is not your usual.

If you like interesting varieties and blends, check out Gestalt Wines in the Adelaide Hills.

i've have heard great reviews about them, haven't had a chance to try them yet

Dan Murphy had a “sale” on Leuwin Estate Art Series wines last year. By sale they mean selling aged wines for a similar price to current vintages. i don’t think that I can justify paying $100+ for a bottle of wine, my palate isn’t that good.

My all-time favourite wine was the 2006 E&E Black Pepper Shiraz. My footy mates and I had an opportunity five years ago to buy this wine for $300 a dozen (usually $100+ a bottle). We were able to get 6 dozen and sadly we drank my last bottle at our pre-game BBQ before the prelim. Everytime we drank a bottle we couldn’t help saying “Best $25 wine ever :D“.
Geez ....drinking the last bottle before the prelim was good timing ;)

I had a couple of really good wines over Christmas.

Jeanneret Rank & File Shiraz, Clare Valley.
Very, very drinkable. (also tried their Riesling which was good too.)

Hither & Yon Grenache, McLaren Vale.
Light and savoury. Lucky enough to have half a case to myself so I'll drink some and hold on to some.

Which bottle are you saving for a Crows premiership?

Which bottle are you saving for a Crows premiership?

I did have a magnum of 8yo Basket Press that we were holding for a special occasion, but we cracked it open last September.

Geez ....drinking the last bottle before the prelim was good timing ;)
I thought it may have been bad luck if we made the GF and I took my last E&E to Melbourne for the post game celebration. As it happens all the BFers taking over a bottle of Grange was too much for the lads to overcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reds from Coonawarra? Not knocking Barossa reds, but for mine Coonawarra tops them.
Barossa has the Oldest Syrah vines in the Country and has the most award-winning Shiraz. All there Reds are in oak barrels well season for there top reds. (well all good reds should be).
And if I get bored with the Barossa wine I go next door to the Clare Valley (Taylors 6 top 20 wines in 2017)
And to support my argument 3 of the top wineries in the worlds top 20 for 2017 come from SA. 2 in the Barrossa and 1 in Clare valley. the only other winery in the top 20 is from the Hunter valley.

finally, I live in the Barossa. what choice is there? :D

Barossa has the Oldest Syrah vines in the Country and has the most award-winning Shiraz. All there Reds are in oak barrels well season for there top reds. (well all good reds should be).
And if I get bored with the Barossa wine I go next door to the Clare Valley (Taylors 6 top 20 wines in 2017)
And to support my argument 3 of the top wineries in the worlds top 20 for 2017 come from SA. 2 in the Barrossa and 1 in Clare valley. the only other winery in the top 20 is from the Hunter valley.

We are spoilt for choice in SA. I keep telling everyone outside SA that we are really the wine capital of the world.

On the Shiraz v Syrah... whilst they are the same grape variety, most Barossa made are called shiraz because of the more full bodied style... which is my preference.

In Clare, I prefer some other wineries. Paulettes Andreas (aged) is one of the top 5 wines I have tasted of all time & come from century old vines. Great views down to Polish River too.

Kevin Mitchell's pepper tree shiraz is always a consistent drop too & they have plenty of other interesting varieties too.

Clare is our best region to pick up a quality Riesling too, with so many choices.

What Top 20 is this?

Back