Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s your end goal here ?

We don’t want him - we have depth in his position and don’t have picks to use on him. Aren’t you better trying to retain him to help your forward line.

Trade him or keep him, either way I don’t think Orazio is a big player in the Essendon rebuild that you so desperately need.
I imagine Port have courted him, however lightly.

Not sure who made the point, but i reckon given the shenanigans from Raz last year, Port would be waiting for an official trade request to be lodged before they even turn their eye to any deal.

he'd be a cheap pickup, and if you can get him over the pain barrier mental issues, you've got a player on your hands (forward/wing/hbf)
For us, we need the piss poor attitudes gone. Joey and Raz are great players, but we don't have the culture for them to be held to account and put in 100%.
In a decent culture, both players are better than what we've seen from them since 2018.

It’s a real shame was has happend to raz with injury. Although I believe it’s not all injury. I think he’s not all happy at Essendon which sucks.

At his best 2016-17 he was kicking goals, tackling and pressuring. He’s been more than handy for us through the years though.

2016: 29 Goals
2017: 39 Goals
2018: 20 Goals
2019: 20 Goals

Adelaides pick 20 which probably diminishes with jamarra, crouch compo, Campbell, McInnes, Williams compo to 25/ 26 would be a good result for essendon for Fantasia.
i would guess that Adelaide may offer pick 30 which becomes pick 36 which probably isn’t far off.
orazio has a grade talent and is a good clubman. Obviously his soft tissue injuries and durability are questionable. He is exciting when he is playing well.

Adelaides pick 20 which probably diminishes with jamarra, crouch compo, Campbell, McInnes, Williams compo to 25/ 26 would be a good result for essendon for Fantasia.
i would guess that Adelaide may offer pick 30 which becomes pick 36 which probably isn’t far off.
orazio has a grade talent and is a good clubman. Obviously his soft tissue injuries and durability are questionable. He is exciting when he is playing well.
would take 30 and run.

Imagine he goes to port for a 3rd, maybe a 4th. If healthy, is best 22 but just a question of if port can get him healthy.

Imagine he goes to port for a 3rd, maybe a 4th. If healthy, is best 22 but just a question of if port can get him healthy.
4th and we probably wait a year for free agency. Better draft next year. Though his attitude certainly needs to be jettisoned at this point.
Port commit to a contract this year and i'd be happy for us to commit to not selecting him next year to save further injury.

Good club man?
4th and we probably wait a year for free agency. Better draft next year. Though his attitude certainly needs to be jettisoned at this point.
Port commit to a contract this year and i'd be happy for us to commit to not selecting him next year to save further injury.
Seems like a good way to build culture 👌

Doubt any club would pay a 3rd rounder for a player that's seen less than 50% of games over the last 3 seasons, and hasn't had much of an impact the last 2 when he's been on the field. He has talent sure, but it's been a long time since he's shown anything close to consistent football.

He'd also be wanting $400k + a season which I doubt crows or port would want to entertain, so unless he was willing to take a a contract in the high 2's/early 3's or a heavily performance base contract then I can't see them actively pursuing for him.

I think we'd either offer a player - Seedsman, Gallucci, Hartigan, Kelly - or we'd offer Freo's third round pick.

That pick 30 is probably going to GWS for Hately, unless he ends up in the PSD.

Good club man?

true, but a good way to build culture is to build a good list too.
Ill take another year of no Raz and let him hit FA if all we get is a 4th rounder in a poor draft

But i don't run the list. so whatever we get, we'll take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 30 would be lined up for Hatley, so whatever we have after that, we can consider or Raz.

I think Port would be more interested than the Crows who have a few small forwards. Essendon may be more interested in a player as part of the trade.

Good club man?

Extremely well liked. Voted in leadership group but declined to try and get body right.
very good with supporters and club media.
he is homesick. It happens.

I have McAdam and Stengle ahead of Fantasia.

Fantasia might be playing at Norwood next year given the level of interest.
You suggested Port would as you have some.... I would like to know who you think he replaces at Port (AFL).

Back