Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would take that and run. What is the Crows next selection after that? We hav 3 picks around 60 - 70, perhaps one comes back to Adelaide if you were to offer 40

I'd rather he play out the contract, up his value, we get him as UFA and the AFL gives you band 3 and a pick in the mid 20s. Is good for you, is good for me. I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised though, we'll pay a bit more so we don't 'lose' him to Port.

I'd rather he play out the contract, up his value, we get him as UFA and the AFL gives you band 3 and a pick in the mid 20s. Is good for you, is good for me. I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised though, we'll pay a bit more so we don't 'lose' him to Port.
I think both the bombers and Fantasia's camp are happy to move on from each. Wouldn't mind the crows making a play for him and Aaron Francis as a combo deal for a second rounder or player swap for someone like Kelly and Seedsman.

I think both the bombers and Fantasia's camp are happy to move on from each. Wouldn't mind the crows making a play for him and Aaron Francis as a combo deal for a second rounder or player swap for someone like Kelly and Seedsman.
i don't think Francis would move.
And given we've lost Saad & McKenna, likely Gleeson, and Hooker/Hurley have ? we won't be pushing defenders out the door.

30 if you're feeling generous should do
44 is more likely though :)

thats code for
I dont want to give up a pick.

gotcha

i don't think Francis would move.
And given we've lost Saad & McKenna, likely Gleeson, and Hooker/Hurley have ? we won't be pushing defenders out the door.

30 if you're feeling generous should do
44 is more likely though :)
He hasn't had a great run of it so far and only played 8 games this season which included getting overlooked when he was healthy so who knows. And with Jordan Ridley taking his spot he may be excess to needs, but agree that it depends on what happens with the starters you mentioned.

I can't see the crows paying a 3rd rounder for Fantasia given his problems and lack of consistency/game impact even when he was healthy. Talented enough but there's a lot of question marks on him and whether he'll ever get close to what he was. I think it'll end up with a move just to get his salary off the books with a late pick as compensation and both parties happy to move on from each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't had a great run of it so far and only played 8 games this season which included getting overlooked when he was healthy so who knows. And with Jordan Ridley taking his spot he may be excess to needs, but agree that it depends on what happens with the starters you mentioned.

I can't see the crows paying a 3rd rounder for Fantasia given his problems and lack of consistency/game impact even when he was healthy. Talented enough but there's a lot of question marks on him and whether he'll ever get close to what he was. I think it'll end up with a move just to get his salary off the books with a late pick as compensation and both parties happy to move on from each other.
take anything we can get for Raz
even if clubs wanted to wait a year and trigger FA comp rather than trade with us....even if that means he sits in SA for the year doing SFA.

every move from here on out needs to be in the best interest of the club. on quite the precipice at the moment

Another example that blocking a player that wants out rarely works in the long run. If Dodoro traded this bloke & Daniher last year the Bombers would have a much stronger draft hand. As of now, they will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for Fantasia.

Matt Guelfi and Mason Redman were our second and third small defenders so enough room for all of them.

He won't make any difference to our 2021 season, so no need to spend anyth8ng if he's free after that. AFL compo will be better for you and in a normal draft as well.
or, he could come in and get match fit and be the difference he is that good. Just saying

or, he could come in and get match fit and be the difference he is that good. Just saying
Difference to what? 15th or 16th? Adelaide has much more pressing needs to fix then opportunistic small forward (even if he was able to make it through a season). He'd be a good fit for them, but even with all their picks this year anything below a third rounder is way too much. If he didn't have a name BT likes to rev up and another club wasn't having to deal with Dodo, his existing club would ask for a third as their starting high bid.

Difference to what? 15th or 16th? Adelaide has much more pressing needs to fix then opportunistic small forward (even if he was able to make it through a season). He'd be a good fit for them, but even with all their picks this year anything below a third rounder is way too much. If he didn't have a name BT likes to rev up and another club wasn't having to deal with Dodo, his existing club would ask for a third as their starting high bid.
caveat that it's been a while since we've seen him play, but he's less opportunistic than he is a creator.

that said, he seems very soft on the injury front. misses a lot through "soreness"

3rd rounder works for me

Back