• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid last year I wrote that the first time I had doubts about Ken was Rd 23 2014 when he didnt select Harvey to help out Lobbe against Sandilands and the second time was after the 2014 season ended and they had the The Chosen Few doco re interviews with the 18 coaches and Ken at about from 26.20 for the next 20 seconds in the video, he says he doesn't know how long he can last and handle the stress and wearing him down - that is, he has doubts about himself. He has doubts about himself, ergo well I also had some after seeing that.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...o-our-next-flag.1135967/page-10#post-45181980

Mid last year I wrote that the first time I had doubts about Ken was Rd 23 2014 when he didnt select Harvey to help out Lobbe against Sandilands and the second time was after the 2014 season ended and they had the The Chosen Few doco re interviews with the 18 coaches and Ken at about from 26.20 for the next 20 seconds in the video, he says he doesn't know how long he can last and handle the stress and wearing him down - that is, he has doubts about himself. He has doubts about himself, ergo well I also had some after seeing that.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...o-our-next-flag.1135967/page-10#post-45181980

This also -

"I used to think the worst thing that could happen to me was losing my job as a football coach and not working in footy," he said. "It's a goddamn game. It might be a great game with 1500 media covering it and a game we all love, but it's a game." - ... "That was when I realised there was more to life than football."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-hinkley-a-brutal-lesson-20170531-gwhks9.html

He'll be really stressed out after another 5.
It will be a different level of stress.

Stay in Adelaide and there is massive stress of getting Port to top 4 and close to a flag, and if the crows win a flag, the stress level to achieve success is magnified several times over.

Go to the GC and the stress level will be to improve the kids and make sure they aren't a basket case. Ken keeps Gazza there and it wont be as hard.

There was vision of him in the tunnel last year v Essendon at home after we got smashed by the Giants. He sounded like he was losing it then. Koch made comments after the Giants loss too.

We didnt even turn up for the first quarter but so many think this is ok coz we got back into the game. Please explain that the pathetic first quarter and explain the Showdown thrashings in the last 2 years. This team was good enough to do far better than they have. Why are so many of our senior players struggling. They should be peaking. We have missed a big opportunity and I'm very disappointed with that. Gees Richmond make a prelim - we obliterated them a few years back.
Can you really say that we played worse then west coast after quarter time? Because if you can I must've been watching another game we led everything that mattered except for conversion rate which is what cost us the game as I said fix that and we will be a force to be reckoned with

Don't think Kenny can credibly blame Koch for him wanting out - he can see a better paid, less stressful job up north with a longer tenure.

Don't blame him for wanting to go, but please this nonsense about Koch is ridiculous.

Koch made some very mild and valid criticisms of the Club which were only what members were thinking anyway.

ILL go for The Hound , has had success locally with his own squad , been around the traps long enough as an assistant in the AFL now , and Dewy to much hangs on to what his Mrs likes and doesn't , recipe for trouble there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I remember that and it unsettled me. I also noted this year that he (and Boak) has taken a bit of a back step media wise with the assistant coaches taking a much bigger role. His comments about Dixon revealed to me how hurtful he finds the media in regards to Port. One of the toughest AFL gigs would be coaching Port in this town. Have I ever said how much I despise the SA media, whose main agenda seems to be to destroy our club. The one I am feeling for right now is KT.

Happy for Kenny to go.....would be annoyed if the club extended his contract beyond 2 extra years. If ken wants to go let him.

My short-list of replacements would be Tudor, teague, barker and dew. Maybe Bassett but he plays a very negative style which I don't think is successful.

Happy to get any of mattner, Francou and Schofield as assistants too

We didnt even turn up for the first quarter but so many think this is ok coz we got back into the game. Please explain that the pathetic first quarter and explain the Showdown thrashings in the last 2 years. This team was good enough to do far better than they have. Why are so many of our senior players struggling. They should be peaking. We have missed a big opportunity and I'm very disappointed with that. Gees Richmond make a prelim - we obliterated them a few years back.
Young players who don't stand up in pressure, we were in awe of playing finals with many of our players playing in a final for the first time, same with the showdowns we get overwhelmed by the occasion and then go hiding into our shells, that will change as we play in more big games which come with being a good side over a long time

Good opportunity to get off the hook for Ken's final year salary and get some fresh ideas into the place. More advanced coaching, better performance should overcome any short-term fretting from players.

For those who are calling for Bassett, consider this:

If Ken goes and we get Dew, or Barker, or whoever else from outside the club, then we still have Bassett as an assistant. We have the ability to poach the cream of the crop of assistants around the league to fill the vacancy in the coaches box.

If we promote from within with Bassett, then we find ourselves having to find a new defence coach to add to the box. We haven't filled the vacancy in the coaches box, we've just moved it. The field of coaches we'd be able to pick from to replace Bassett would be of a significantly lower standard than the field of coaches we'd be able to pick from to replace Hinkley.

So would you rather have Dew with support from Bassett, or would you rather have Bassett with support from either a freshly retired assistant with no experience or some out of contract line coach whose current club didnt rate him highly enough to bother extending his contact earlier in the year?

Back